Thread: An Open Letter to those "upset" about the removal of certain lineage sections.

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,155 Posts

Default An Open Letter to those "upset" about the removal of certain lineage sections.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I've received a few, shall we politely call them "complaints" concerning the removal of separate forums for several lineages. One individual accused us of "disrespecting" a particular Senior. One suggested going so far as organizing a boycott. One demanded that a particular section be returned or they would "spam the rest of the damn board until you give in".

Let me address these in order:

1- "Disrespecting the Seniors".
    To my knowledge, -every- Senior was invited to join this forum. All but a few have declined. We setup separate areas, free of charge, with guarantees of keeping the grief that has plagued other forums out. After several months, we removed those areas that weren't being actively used. I am sorry if some see this as disrespect, it is not. A forum filled with empty sections looks dead. We want this site to be alive.

2- Boycotting KenpoTalk.
    No one forces you to come here.

3- "SPAM until we give in."
    Firstly, we'd block or ban the offender and complain to their ISP, etc if needed. More to the point, at least they would finally be posting rather than complaining.

Here are the current EPAK sections:
    Parker - Conatser (member) Established 2-15-05 5 threads, 78 posts
    Parker - Chap'el (member) Established 2-15-05 5 threads, 64 posts
    Parker - LaBounty (member) Established 2-15-05 6 threads, 62 posts

Parker - Mills (not member) Established 4-2-05 34 threads, 795 posts
    Parker - Palanzo (not member) Established 2-15-05 6 threads, 60 posts
    Parker - Planas (not member) Established 2-13-05 6 threads, 15 posts
    Most of those sections have been here for 8 months. The Mills section has only been here 6, and is the busiest of all the EPAK sections.

I set this site and forum up so that people would have an alternate to both MartialTalk and KenpoNet. It costs me time, and it costs me money to run this site. It really bothers me when people who are unable to actively post will whine about the removal of sections they weren't even using.

If you want this site to survive, please use it.
    If you want a specific section added, demonstrate a need for it. We tried the "build it and they will come" idea.
    If you want to be a moderator, show that you'll actually do something. (Visit and post regularly and often)
    This site needs content, your content. Don't complain we have nothing, be constructive and send stuff in.

We need more staff, we need more videos, more pictures, more news, more solid information and more folks talking. We can't do it without an active membership. Can we do it? Can we turn this site up from a well intentioned ghosttown, to the webs premier resource for Kenpo?
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

Kenposoldier01 (12-17-2012),shesulsa (09-06-2007),sjansen (05-29-2008)

Thanks

Question Re: An Open Letter to those "upset" about the removal of certain lineage sections.

Hi Bob,
    I hope your changes add some spice to the board, at least they are posting.
    Maybe that is the key, keep them upset and they will post more, then we will get more action.

Expose the spammers and don't keep the closet doors closed. Attack. Defense is sometime's not the best action. Stir the pot, has worked for me, Kinda...

If they are talking about you good or bad, Heck it works for G W...

Gary

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary A Brewer For This Useful Post:

sjansen (05-29-2008)

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: An Open Letter to those "upset" about the removal of certain lineage sections.

Bob-

You and I have not always agreed in the past. I think that you are putting forth a valliant and honest effort to make this board a success if that counts for anything. Even to the point of asking for suggestions from the unwashed masses (that would include me hahaha) I think that it is a simple matter of not being able to please everyone all of the time.

A dead section is just that, "dead!" It benefits nobody if it is not being used. My advice would be if you want a section, advocate for it, promise to generate traffic for it, strive to post and maintain in it. I personally enjoy having a Mr. Mills specific section on this board and I know of a few others under the same lineage who enjoy AND TAKE ADVANTAGE of it's presence here.

Just like the 1965 Rambler that sat in front of the house for 4 years, it would have been cool to drive it someday, but it was wasted space, time, and I was not putting forth the effort, so when I was not willing to facilitate it's use at that point, I got rid of it.

Keep doing what your doing and hope for the best. If those threatening a protest of the board because of a certain portion that THEY THEMSELVES WERE NOT USING can not understand why you did it, then it is on them. They should have been making an effort to generate traffic in the area in question.

I can be reached at bambamhunter94@aim.com if anyone wants to protest or blacklist me as well.
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

sjansen (05-29-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: An Open Letter to those "upset" about the removal of certain lineage sections.

A few things you learn real fast running a forum

1- some people just are not happy unless their mad
    2- it's easy to be a toughguy (or toughgirl) behind a keyboard and monitor
    3- no matter what you do somebody will always be pissed off

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WristTwist For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (09-05-2007),KenpoChanger (09-07-2007),sifuroy (09-06-2007),sjansen (05-29-2008)

Z-Rex is offline Zoran Sevic
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 607 Posts

I find it hard to believe that there are people, on the internet no less, that would think that you owe them something!!!

Seriously man, tell them to go to the social security office and complain to someone who actually does owe them something.
    God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak.
    Unfortunantly, he gave us 2 eyes and 10 fingers, which explains the problems we get on the internet.~Zoran

Zoran "Z-Rex" Sevic | My Facebook | My YouTube Channel | Where I Teach |
    Like a T-Rex with longer arms

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Z-Rex For This Useful Post:

sjansen (05-29-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

It makes sense to me to remove sections that weren't being used. I go to MT occasionally and have found some good info over there but I believe that KT is the best kenpo forum available. You can't please everyone all the time and will go crazy trying to.

Keep up the great work here Bob and thanks.
    Last edited by execkenpo; 03-07-2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typo's

12. The Following User Says Thank You to execkenpo For This Useful Post:

sjansen (05-29-2008)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

yes me being a beginer need this site, lots of asome people around to help and cool downloads, but if anyone could add video's on forms that would be a great help, if there is already forgive im still new to the site, thanks everybody, Bob thank you for this site, and bringing other kenpo and fellow martial artist together it feels cool to be a part of Martial art system and share with others LONG LIVE KENPO TALK!!!
    It does not matter where the Martial art comes from. if it can help you defend yourself it is worth learning( Bruce Lee ) May the Force Be With You

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Latinvipers For This Useful Post:

sjansen (05-29-2008)

Thanks

Check the new downloads section. Theres a few, but more are always welcome.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

KirkS (07-04-2012)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Smile Re: An Open Letter to those "upset" about the removal of certain lineage sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Check the new downloads section. Theres a few, but more are always welcome.
    thanks Bob i'll check it out
    It does not matter where the Martial art comes from. if it can help you defend yourself it is worth learning( Bruce Lee ) May the Force Be With You

Thanks

Drama, drama way toooo much drama ... LOL.

Bob it is your forum, you do what you wish with it. You have to write the checks. I appreciate your work.

OH yeah did I mention ... tooo much drama ...hahahah

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WristTwist View Post

I actually liked these.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Rex View Post
    Seriously man, tell them to go to the social security office and complain to someone who actually does owe them something.
    Not for much longer.

Hell, I've not even registered for it. I spend more a month on mocha's than they pay out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,788 Times in 1,308 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WristTwist View Post

OK... Now you have gone and pissed me off!
    Sean

Thanks

Adding a forum discussion split off and moved to Suggestion Box forum.

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Hey bob,

I have only been a member for a short time, but think you are doing a great job, i would not have the time to put into somthing like this free of charge, and would not be able to fund it also.

Like many people have said, you cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time. They have a choice to come here afterall.

Keep up the good work.

If people have ideas and suggestions let them view it, if those, like you that are incharge, feel it has mileage give it ago, if not, bin in.

For those that have nothing better to do than bitch and moan, go hit some pads, you only have one life people, enjoy it!.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KenpoKing For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (05-29-2008),John Brewer (05-30-2008),Miyu (06-01-2008)

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoKing View Post
    Hey bob,

I have only been a member for a short time, but think you are doing a great job, i would not have the time to put into somthing like this free of charge, and would not be able to fund it also.

Like many people have said, you cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time. They have a choice to come here afterall.

Keep up the good work.

If people have ideas and suggestions let them view it, if those, like you that are incharge, feel it has mileage give it ago, if not, bin in.

For those that have nothing better to do than bitch and moan, go hit some pads, you only have one life people, enjoy it!.

we think a like, KenpoKing
    " Resolve to be tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,tolerant with the weak and wrong..... Because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links