Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Seniors listed

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default The Seniors listed

When Bob and I discussed how we were going to lay this out, we fervently hoped that the gentlemen whose names appear here would eventually make their collective way here to this board to find a home in their respective fora. There they will find a place to discuss what they do, free of harassment and disrespect.
    Respectfully,
    KenpoTalk Team

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

Default Re: The Seniors listed

Would it be possible to get a section for Mr. Paul Mills?? I know his credentials as a student of Mr. Parker aren't in question and the following he has as well as the amount of contribution to Kenpo from Mr. Mills is as pronounced as any listed here thus far.

thanks

Your Brother
    John

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: The Seniors listed

Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Would it be possible to get a section for Mr. Paul Mills?? I know his credentials as a student of Mr. Parker aren't in question and the following he has as well as the amount of contribution to Kenpo from Mr. Mills is as pronounced as any listed here thus far.

thanks

Your Brother
    John
    I agree, I think his contributions to the art and following that he has within his own org speaks for his skills and ability. Not to mention one of the few great kenpoist featured in "the journey".
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

Thanks

Lightbulb Re: The Seniors listed

Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    To elaborate on what I said, I'll cut and paste directly from the AKKI website page on Mr. Mills history:
    Mr. Mills was the only person to serve as a member of 1) the I.K.K.A. Systems Council (One of only three members) 2) as the National Testing Director and 3) Regional Representative for a ten state area (region #10), known as the "Paul Mills Family Group", at the same time. He was also one of a handful of Mr. Parker's black belts to teach at the 1991 I.K.K.A. Ed Parker Memorial camp at the Pasadena studio.
    And that's only one snipit of pertinent info, and that.... the past. In the present Mr. Mills is doing a great deal of work and contributing greatly.
    In a Poll taken on Martial Talk (parent of this board, as I understand it) it was asked "Who will impact EPAK the most in the next 10 years?", out of the 142 people who replied (as of the day I am posting this), Mr. Mills is in first place with 25.35% of the vote. The only other person to even come w/in 20 points of Mr. Mills is Mr. Tatum, who did get a place on the list here. It's not a scientific poll, but it is a poll on a forum like this one. Something to consider at least.
    Here's that Poll.

Look, I don't know exactly what earned each member of your current list a place here... You've said that your design and hope was that each person on the list would find their way here and have a place where they can give their side of things in a flame free zone. (Paraphrased there...) I think it's a good idea, which is why I'm addressing what looks like nothing more than an oversite. I am confused though, as two of the people on the list are (sadly) passed on. If they find their way to the list and post ANYTHING, your trafic will flow!!!! I don't even know if Mr. Mills would even post anything here, though I'd bet he'd peek. From what I know, he's not a computer type. He's exceedingly busy! But I'd think that a man of Mr. Mills credentials would most definitely earn him a place at the table!

Just thought I'd bring this to you for consideration.
    Thank you

Your Brother
    John
    Last edited by Brother John; 02-17-2005 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Because I can't spell right the first time.

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,156 Posts

Hi John,
    The basis of our initial list were the leading seniors at the time of Mr. Parkers passing based on the infromation from the AKSC. (site is down, archived list is here:http://web.archive.org/web/200312041...ackbelts.shtml)

Once we get the rest of the site up, and decide on how to best grow the list, we will most definately be adding additional lineages. (My girlfriends lineage traces to Mr. Mills)

We have no intention in slighting any of these excellent instructors. We're definately open to recomendations, and suggestions, just need to finish the initial build before we start expanding.

Thanks!
    - Bob

Thanks

Okeedokee...
    Thanks for addressing my points.

I look forward to seeing KenpoTalk grow and progress, and being a part of it along the way.

Your Brother
    John

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTalk Admin
    (My girlfriends lineage traces to Mr. Mills)

- Bob
    Dear Bob's Girlfriend-

Please hold out on any loving untill your dear Bob caves and makes a Paul Mills section

Sincerely, (all in fun)

Brian Hunter
    AKKI Member
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    Dear Bob's Girlfriend-

Please hold out on any loving untill your dear Bob caves and makes a Paul Mills section

Sincerely, (all in fun)

Brian Hunter
    AKKI Member
    I may have to do more drastic measures...he may not fear the withholding of lovin' ;D

I will make the cats lay on him instead ^_______^
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu
    I may have to do more drastic measures...he may not fear the withholding of lovin' ;D

*twitch*
    See, all I've gotta do is get loose like I'm fluid, dude, Rollin' up my sleeves on my gi and get into it. You and who, him and them? Line up in a single file. One on one, all for one...end up in a bigger pile. The ambiance of Martial Arts is constant, Nunchucks chuckin' when I step in the mosh pit. Wing Chun dummy getting splintered apart, Escrima sticks whippin' and I'm chipping the bark. What are you? A pink belt? I'll give you a head start. Kumite killin', with the spirit of Ed Parker.

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miyu

Please keep our Bob sane as we need him. Don't do either to him.

Thanks

We have 3 cats....to them, we are but matresses and kibble dispensers.

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

I know the feeling. We have 4 and it's change the littler box every other day.
    Of course, you know who gets to do it to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth
    Please keep our Bob sane as we need him. Don't do either to him.
    You see, the "children" prefer to use me as the pillow...so therefore, everyone be nice to Bob, or else his side of the bed gets sprinkled in catnip
    Susan A. Spann

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth
    I know the feeling. We have 4 and it's change the littler box every other day.
    Of course, you know who gets to do it to.
    Yeah, me! v_v*
    Susan A. Spann

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

yeah, otherwise we might have to get someone who knows what they're doi-...er...yeah, we need him.
    See, all I've gotta do is get loose like I'm fluid, dude, Rollin' up my sleeves on my gi and get into it. You and who, him and them? Line up in a single file. One on one, all for one...end up in a bigger pile. The ambiance of Martial Arts is constant, Nunchucks chuckin' when I step in the mosh pit. Wing Chun dummy getting splintered apart, Escrima sticks whippin' and I'm chipping the bark. What are you? A pink belt? I'll give you a head start. Kumite killin', with the spirit of Ed Parker.

zealous Kenpoist Guest

so if I understand this correctly, (the list, not the cats) then the list is neither complete nor finished being compiled. is that correct?

Thanks

Correct.
    We started with what the AKSC had listed, made 1 addition and then began the task of deciding on how we would expand. There are many notable lineages within Kenpo, we just need to figure out an easily maintainable and navigatable way to expand the listings.

Thanks

It's been a month now.
    I was just curious...
    any more thought to adding other 1st generation students to the list yet???

Your Brother
    John

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

John,

We're still kicking it around. The only reason we included Mike Pick was the fact that he has no other traceable lineage whatsoever. Mr. Mills does. Eventually, we will probably revamp again, we said originally, that we would let it ride for 90 days so that no one felt that any of the original Sevenths had been slighted in any way.
    Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it that way, or that it is even the correct way.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks

Well, when I read the first posts I thought we were on the 'bitching and moaning' track. I think Bro. John's inquiry was a valid one and I like the way this board handled it.
    I can tell you this, that most of the "Seniors" rarely go onto boards because they don't want to get into the fray of mis-information, lies, and out and out silliness. Those who post on other sites for the most part are good and to me interesting people. But I don't read them much anymore, which is my loss, because of what I previously stated. I'm hoping that they make the move to here and join in good spirited discussion with us.
    To end on a positive, rather than suspicious note, I compliment the originators of this site and look forward to sharing with all my friends, old and new, in this wonderful art that we'll never complete.

__________________________________________________ ____________
    Theory informs, but hard, consitent and realistic practice convinces.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S. LaBounty For This Useful Post:

Christopher Stewart (11-20-2012),John M. La Tourrette (09-05-2007)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links