Thread: Wedlake???

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default Wedlake???

I noticed that the "Seniors" listed are Chape'l, Trejo, Hebler, Kelly, LaBounty, Mills, Palanzo, Planas, Sullivan, Tatum, & Conatser. I didn't see Wedlake on this list.

I mean no disrespect by this post but why isn't Wedlake listed? He became a direct student in 1979 as well as Mr. Conatser. Mr. Mills became one in 1980. That's only a 10 to 11 year prior to the SGM's passing, a far cry from when the other individuals on this list began training with Mr. Parker.

Which raises the question, are they there because of their status (as heads of organizations)? Is Wedlake not qualified as a Senior? After all he began training in the same year as Mr. Conatser and yet Mr. C is listed as a Senior and Wedlake isn't.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Wedlake???

Quote Originally Posted by kenpo3631
    I noticed that the "Seniors" listed are Chape'l, Trejo, Hebler, Kelly, LaBounty, Mills, Palanzo, Planas, Sullivan, Tatum, & Conatser. I didn't see Wedlake on this list.

I mean no disrespect by this post but why isn't Wedlake listed? He became a direct student in 1979 as well as Mr. Conatser. Mr. Mills became one in 1980. That's only a 10 to 11 year prior to the SGM's passing, a far cry from when the other individuals on this list began training with Mr. Parker.

Which raises the question, are they there because of their status (as heads of organizations)? Is Wedlake not qualified as a Senior? After all he began training in the same year as Mr. Conatser and yet Mr. C is listed as a Senior and Wedlake isn't.
    In a nutshell, the original Seniors listed were the only 7ths at the time of Mr. Parker's death. Mr. Mills was added later as he has a strong student base here. Mr. Conatser was added for the same reason. If there is a strong enough desire for a Wedlake section, have the interested parties PM/E-mail me, Tess, or Billy. If the interest is strong enough, we will happily create a Wedlake section. I hope this answers your question.
    Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it that way, or that it is even the correct way.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Created 7/28/05
    Just because you do something one way, does not mean that everyone else does it that way, or that it is even the correct way.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seig View Post
    In a nutshell, the original Seniors listed were the only 7ths at the time of Mr. Parker's death. Mr. Mills was added later as he has a strong student base here. Mr. Conatser was added for the same reason. If there is a strong enough desire for a Wedlake section, have the interested parties PM/E-mail me, Tess, or Billy. If the interest is strong enough, we will happily create a Wedlake section. I hope this answers your question.
    Please add Mr. wedlake to the lineage tree of Mr. Parker. An incomplete tree is worthless and Mr. Wedlake deserves recognition.

Thank you

Hoguemeister

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

What tree are you talking about?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing;
    drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
    there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
    and drinking largely sobers us again. --Alexander Pope

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 654 Posts

Has to be that hoguemeister searched on 'wedlake' and saw this thread. He probably did not understand that this thread relates to the structure of the fora from three years ago; and not related to any tree at all.

This is an outdated thread that has nothing to do with anything today.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michaeledward For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (09-22-2008)

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

way to birng it back tho?
    "The sacraed rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself, and can never be erased.""

Alexander Hamilton
    The Farmer Refuted (1775)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

I did get a chuckle from it though.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. - Lao Tzu

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. - Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Thanked 4,344 Times in 1,415 Posts

Howzabout and answer for those in future references?

Mr. Wedlake has a fricking brain the size of kansas, and nobody questions his commitment or contribution to kenpo. If memory serves me, though, he would have been a senior student of his region, under Huk Planas. He spent a goodly amt of time with the old man, but was not one of the 7ths.

No disrespect is intended him by not providing his students a location to dialogue with him. It should be pointed out that Mr. Wedlake does not frequent this forum, nor any other I am aware of. Nor, for that matter, does a plethora of his students, such that providing them the space and opportunity would be an unspoken essential. Should, for some reason, either of these circumstances change, I am sure there is room for addressing this concern.

Best Regards,

Dave Crouch,
    some putz not associated with the management or maintenence of this site.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

Thanks

Wedlake was a 6th at Parker's passing. Probably real close to 7th too.
    ~ Steve Zalazowski
    Continuing Student of the Arts.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWishToLearn View Post
    Wedlake was a 6th at Parker's passing. Probably real close to 7th too.
    If you read the Journey, Lee states that Mr. Parker promoted him to 6th right before he passed...that's not real close to 7th

Thanks

I am pretty sure Mr. Wedlake doesn't care if he has a section or not.

His students can discuss anything they want in the kenpo general section.

His way of doing techniques is not radically different from how many others do it, so it's not like he created his own techniques or anything.

If there were any questions, you could just ask Lee and he'd email you back with an answer for sure.

He's very free with his teaching. That's one of the things I appreciate about him.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Other than hosted forums we do not have lineage sections on the site anymore.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links