Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 80 of 80
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What's your family tree?

  1. #61
    Paulee is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Originally:
    Ed Parker Sr. > Tom Conner Sr. > Phil Gilbert > Me

    Currently:
    Ed Parker Sr. > Larry Tatum > John Sepulveda > Rob Hazlewood > Me

    Started in American Kenpo Karate Academies, now in the AKTS.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    822
    Thanked 675 Times in 490 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    My tree no longer forks. I am such a redneck.
    There is nothing so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength.
    Unquestionably man has his will - but woman has her way! - Bruce Lee

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arizona Angel For This Useful Post:

    KirkS (3 Weeks Ago)

  4. #63
    Airdale is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    SGM Parker>Robert Perry>Bill Neff>Me

  5. #64
    Albert Ichelson is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 27 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Ed Parker - Dennis Conatser - Brad Marshall - Me

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dana Point, CA
    Posts
    2,342
    Thanks
    2,295
    Thanked 4,372 Times in 1,426 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Some buncha guy > some other buncha guys > me
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dave in da house For This Useful Post:

    robertk (09-11-2010)

  8. #66
    vader's Avatar
    vader is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulee View Post
    Currently:
    Ed Parker Sr. > Larry Tatum > John Sepulveda > Rob Hazlewood > Me
    I guess that means we know each other.

    This was what I was going to post as my family tree, though I thought Master Sepulveda studied directly under Master Parker. I will chalk that up to my ignorance.

    Are you still going to Colleyville Family Karate?

  9. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Posts
    3,900
    Thanks
    2,878
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Quote Originally Posted by vader View Post

    Are you still going to Colleyville Family Karate?
    Tell Rob, I said hello and happy holidays.
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

    trgodbm@yahoo.com

  10. #68
    Mr.Strobel's Avatar
    Mr.Strobel is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN.
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    390
    Thanked 163 Times in 98 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Ed Parker - Yosh Furuya - Norm Rolando - Me

    Although Mr. Trejo also lists Mr. Rolando under his lineage as well.

    So it can also be:

    Ed Parker - Frank Trejo - Norm Rolando - Me
    Dave Strobel
    Minnesota Kenpo Karate Studio
    www.mnkenpo.com
    Parker / Furuya
    Lineage

  11. #69
    BrotherBear's Avatar
    BrotherBear is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Ed Parker > Pat Salantri > David Green > Me

    Since I'm training directly with Pat Salantri, it could also be

    Ed Parker > Pat Salantri > Me

  12. #70
    lorkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Ed Parker > Frank Trejo> Manuel Cuevas (This is my lineage from white to 2 Black Belt.)

    Ed Parker > Frank Trejo (This is my lineage for 3 Black Belt.)

    Ed Parker > Frank Trejo (This is my lineage for 4 Black Belt.)

  13. #71
    Crouching Tiger is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 65 Times in 43 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    A quick couple of questions about kenpo history, this seems as good as place as any to ask.

    Was Mr. Parker's first black belt James Ibrao?

    Was Mr. Parker's last black belt Mike Pick?

    And, was John McSweeney the first Parker Black Belt to take his kenpo to another country?

  14. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dundalk Md
    Posts
    1,775
    Thanks
    197
    Thanked 977 Times in 612 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Me - Alex Daniels Stuntman for Val Kilmer who was in Planes with John Cleese who was in The Magic Christian with Peter Sellers was in a Pink Panther movie with Ed Parker

    Bunny
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

    "Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

    -JTHM

  15. #73
    Star Dragon's Avatar
    Star Dragon is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 342 Times in 227 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    In reply to the OP:

    Ed Parker > Mike Molina > me

  16. #74
    Combatkenpo's Avatar
    Combatkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Pasco, Washington
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Parker - Sullivan - Deloa - ME

  17. #75
    K2WO's Avatar
    K2WO is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    B.K.f Co-founder / Steve Muhammad / "Ken Wing Tai Ba"

  18. #76
    davewickes is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    (Dave Wickes)
    Parker > Steve LaBounty (through purple; EP then closed the Woodland Hills, CA studio that LaBounty managed and LaBounty moved back to San Jose
    Parker > Al Tracy > Larry DeMerritt (through brown). DeMerritt then closed his Woodland Hills, CA studio (not the same as the former Parker studio)
    Parker > Al Tracy > Dan Babcock > Ray Pohl (through black) - in Illinois - Started with Dan and then he sold the studio to Ray and moved to Indiana. I was Ray's first black belt.

  19. #77
    MChong is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 228 Times in 81 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Quote Originally Posted by davewickes View Post
    (Dave Wickes)
    Parker > Steve LaBounty (through purple; EP then closed the Woodland Hills, CA studio that LaBounty managed and LaBounty moved back to San Jose
    Parker > Al Tracy > Larry DeMerritt (through brown). DeMerritt then closed his Woodland Hills, CA studio (not the same as the former Parker studio)
    Parker > Al Tracy > Dan Babcock > Ray Pohl (through black) - in Illinois - Started with Dan and then he sold the studio to Ray and moved to Indiana. I was Ray's first black belt.
    Larry DeMerritt...that’s a name I haven’t heard in long time.
    Larry was one of Al Tracy’s earliest and most senior students at the S.F. school. He started in 1962...the last time I saw him was around 1969...when he was planning to go to Queens, NY...to open
    a Tracy franchise.
    Last edited by MChong; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:38 AM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to MChong For This Useful Post:

    KirkS (3 Weeks Ago)

  21. #78
    Doc's Avatar
    Doc
    Doc is offline
    AKI Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,439
    Thanks
    4,269
    Thanked 14,934 Times in 5,591 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Quote Originally Posted by K2WO View Post
    B.K.f Co-founder / Steve Muhammad / "Ken Wing Tai Ba"
    He was the first president but was not a co-founder.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

    "Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

    "It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél


    www.MSUACF.com

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Dave in da house (3 Weeks Ago),KirkS (3 Weeks Ago)

  23. #79
    Big Pat is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Black Karate Federation | MartialTalk.Com - Friendly Martial Arts Forum Community

    Depending on who you might ask. The BKF was founded as a Federation by myself and my college room-mate, now Senior Guru Cliff Stewart, and Jerry Smith. After the name, and concept were defined and the patch drawn, I sought and received permission from Ed Parker Sr. who suggested the original idea to me. After the fact, we asked Steve if he would like to be a part, and we decided to make him president because he was the most well known. Steve was a black belt under Chuck Sullivan not Ed Parker Sr. Donnie Williams was not a part of the BKF inception and in fact was a student of Al Thomas at the time in Arizona, and said he originally received his black under Byong Yu in Tae Quon Do. He did however come in about a year and a half later.

    The organization was not founded to fight "racism," but to give a collective group of people an organization they could call their own. Ed Parker Sr. did the same thing with Lima Lama.

    The movie scenes were shot at the 103rd street school and Western Ave in Los Angeles. The scene where Kelly steals the police car was shot in the alley in the rear.

    When the members in law enforcement left for various reasons, the history "changed," like I said depending upon whom you ask. However, my version is backed up by all of the people I mentioned and others as well who were there like Al "Hot Dog" Harvey. Al is an Internal Affairs Investigator with Los Angeles County and has had this discussion with others already who have chosen to believe the other "versions."

    BKF Kenpo is attributed to Steve Sanders after we left. Orginally the BKF was not style based but was a federation that included Shotokan, Five Animal Gung Fu, Shorin-Ryu, Hap-Ki-Do, Tang-Soo-Do, Lima Lama, Goju-Ryu, Jiu-Jitsu, Ju-do, and Okinawan Te with kenpo being a minority in the group. When everyone else left for various reasons nothing was left but primarily Steve's personal students, and the organization became "BKF Kenpo."

    So it depends if you are talking about the Original BKF, or the group that formed around Steve after everyone else left. BKF Kenpo is loosely based on Steve's tournament freestyle and is a competition based "kenpo" devoid of Concepts common to Ed Parker's American Kenpo.

    As for Mr. Bleecker, he prefers to believe what he is told by other people because he has decided I have no credibility in Kenpo etc.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Big Pat For This Useful Post:

    KirkS (2 Weeks Ago)

  25. #80
    Doc's Avatar
    Doc
    Doc is offline
    AKI Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,439
    Thanks
    4,269
    Thanked 14,934 Times in 5,591 Posts

    Default Re: What's your family tree?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pat View Post
    Black Karate Federation | MartialTalk.Com - Friendly Martial Arts Forum Community

    Depending on who you might ask. The BKF was founded as a Federation by myself and my college room-mate, now Senior Guru Cliff Stewart, and Jerry Smith. After the name, and concept were defined and the patch drawn, I sought and received permission from Ed Parker Sr. who suggested the original idea to me. After the fact, we asked Steve if he would like to be a part, and we decided to make him president because he was the most well known. Steve was a black belt under Chuck Sullivan not Ed Parker Sr. Donnie Williams was not a part of the BKF inception and in fact was a student of Al Thomas at the time in Arizona, and said he originally received his black under Byong Yu in Tae Quon Do. He did however come in about a year and a half later.

    The organization was not founded to fight "racism," but to give a collective group of people an organization they could call their own. Ed Parker Sr. did the same thing with Lima Lama.

    The movie scenes were shot at the 103rd street school and Western Ave in Los Angeles. The scene where Kelly steals the police car was shot in the alley in the rear.

    When the members in law enforcement left for various reasons, the history "changed," like I said depending upon whom you ask. However, my version is backed up by all of the people I mentioned and others as well who were there like Al "Hot Dog" Harvey. Al is an Internal Affairs Investigator with Los Angeles County and has had this discussion with others already who have chosen to believe the other "versions."

    BKF Kenpo is attributed to Steve Sanders after we left. Orginally the BKF was not style based but was a federation that included Shotokan, Five Animal Gung Fu, Shorin-Ryu, Hap-Ki-Do, Tang-Soo-Do, Lima Lama, Goju-Ryu, Jiu-Jitsu, Ju-do, and Okinawan Te with kenpo being a minority in the group. When everyone else left for various reasons nothing was left but primarily Steve's personal students, and the organization became "BKF Kenpo."

    So it depends if you are talking about the Original BKF, or the group that formed around Steve after everyone else left. BKF Kenpo is loosely based on Steve's tournament freestyle and is a competition based "kenpo" devoid of Concepts common to Ed Parker's American Kenpo.

    As for Mr. Bleecker, he prefers to believe what he is told by other people because he has decided I have no credibility in Kenpo etc.
    The above is correct, however since its writing Mr. Bleecker has apologized to me personally and admitted he was given bad information by some people he trusted. Since then Mr. Bleecker has been nothing but gracious and supportive of me, and as I have gotten to know the man, I'm so grateful and glad to have formed a real friendship with such an exemplary human being whose passion and regard for the legacy of his good friend and teacher Ed Parker Sr. is paramount in his life.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

    "Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

    "It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél


    www.MSUACF.com

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

    KirkS (2 Weeks Ago)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Search tags for this page (caching method: memcache)

dennis conatser family tree youtube
,
frank trejo black belt family tree
,

fred stille kenpo

,
john supulvida kenpo family tree
,

juan serrano kenpo family tree

,

kajukenbo utechtt

,
kenpo fred stille
,

marion bermudez karate

,
marion bermudez retired karate
,
norm rolando
,
norm rolando karate
,
tracy kenpo family tree
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.