Thread: Regarding The Ikka

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,160 Times in 1,156 Posts

Default Regarding The Ikka

Posted on Kenponet:

REGARDING THE IKKA

That association was obtained by a man named Marc Anthony from Mrs. Parker over 3 years ago. I was asked to assist with that venture. I no longer am involved with Mr. Anthony on any and all levels and to the best of my knowledge he still owns but does not operate that association.

I am not involved nor do I have any knowledge of the current state of affairs of the IKKA.

In order to accomplish my goals with my fathers legacy and his system I have chosen to NOT participate on a political level.

I have chosen to go the way of producing high quality learning and teaching materials (i.e. Kenpo Kards, books, etc.) for the industry as well as produce art (based upon the technique names), custom certificates, portraits and a few events such as the Disney Martial Arts festival in Orlando and now the new Disney Martial Arts festival in Anaheim, scheduled for Jan 2006.

This new direction is intended to allow me to support and participate with all of the roots and branches of the lineage that have come from my father.

I hope that this clarifies things as to my involvement.

Respects,
    Ed Parker Jr
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Regarding The Ikka

Interesting Bob.

Thanks,
    -Michael
    “The superior man cultivates a friendly harmony, without being weak.—How firm is he in his energy! He stands erect in the middle without inclining to either side.—How firm is he in his energy!”
    ~Confucius

Kenpo-Texas.com

AKTS.US

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard
    Posted on Kenponet:
    I just saw Mr. Parkers son yesturday during the WKKA camp, he said nothing about the IKKA and him being involved. I was going to ask if the IKKA would ever get back together but we ran out of time. I think it would be excellent for that to occur but there are so many organizations now that I believe it wil never happen.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Post Re: Regarding The Ikka

Thanks for the info, Bob.
    The truly educated never graduate.
    "To understand the heart & mind of a person, look not at what they have already achieved, but what they aspire to do." -Kahlil Gibran

Thanks

Maybe some people in the Senoir coucil should step up and try to get the kenpo world back together again. Try to get the IKKA back together for old times sake. I know it is probably imposible since there are so many organizations, but it is just a thought.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

Thanks

I don't see any value now of re-establishing the IKKA. The past is the past and we must move on. Who would be willing to run it?

What I like the most about what I am seeing in today's Kenpo world, however, are alliances. For example, my good friend Sean Kelley, who is president of the Chinese Karate Federation, has people come together and train, regardless of affiliation. The CKF, for example, has formed alliances with the UKF and LTKKA to bring Kenpo to new levels. Sean will bring the likes of Larry Tatum and Mike Pick to his camps, and putting their respective associations aside, will share their knowledge to kenpoists. Friendships, of course, are also built.

As an LTKKA member, I appreciate the opportunity of being able to learn from a variety of instructors, regardless of who belongs with who.

Jamie Seabrook
    www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seabrook
    I don't see any value now of re-establishing the IKKA. The past is the past and we must move on. Who would be willing to run it?

What I like the most about what I am seeing in today's Kenpo world, however, are alliances. For example, my good friend Sean Kelley, who is president of the Chinese Karate Federation, has people come together and train, regardless of affiliation. The CKF, for example, has formed alliances with the UKF and LTKKA to bring Kenpo to new levels. Sean will bring the likes of Larry Tatum and Mike Pick to his camps, and putting their respective associations aside, will share their knowledge to kenpoists. Friendships, of course, are also built.

As an LTKKA member, I appreciate the opportunity of being able to learn from a variety of instructors, regardless of who belongs with who.

Jamie Seabrook
    www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com
    It was just a thought. I also think it is great that we have all these organizations. I was just thinking that it would show the rest of the world that we still are strong, alive and kicking.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    Maybe some people in the Senoir coucil should step up and try to get the kenpo world back together again. Try to get the IKKA back together for old times sake. I know it is probably imposible since there are so many organizations, but it is just a thought.
    It's a nice idea, but I think a lot of people feel like Mr. Seabrook that "the past is the past and we must move on." I heard in November of 2003 that there was an attempt to bring back the IKKA & that two Senior Kenpo Black Belts (who I prefer not to name) were going to run it. Obviously, it didn't work - as to why, I can only speculate: maybe it's been too long since Mr. Parker passed away, or maybe the Senior Black Belts are happy doing their own thing with their own organizations, who knows. However, IMHO I believe that the fact that there are so many Kenpo organizations & schools out there run by students of Mr. Parker (or students of his Black Belts) shows the world that Kenpo is indeed alive & "kicking"--just one student's opinion. And if there are organizations who bring in instructors from other organizations in an "alliance" of some kind, I think that's good for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabrook
    I appreciate the opportunity of being able to learn from a variety of instructors, regardless of who belongs with who.
    Very well said, Sir. I feel the same way.
    The truly educated never graduate.
    "To understand the heart & mind of a person, look not at what they have already achieved, but what they aspire to do." -Kahlil Gibran

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links