Thread: New European Kenpo History Book

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default New European Kenpo History Book

Hi All,
    You have got to check out " The Official European kenpo Karate Journey" .
    It details the REAL history of Kenpo`s journey to Europe Via John Mc Sweeney and has a lot of the self appointed high ranks running for cover.
    Details can be found on the author`s website http://www.officialinternationalkenpofellowship.com

Read it and see some of your Kenpo family from Europe

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: New European Kenpo History Book

Apart from the book's price and who you'd send money to, there don't appear to be any further details. Who's in the book? How about a table-of contents or at least a picture of the book's cover?

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

The contents page lists; Origins of Kenpo karate, Europes Kenpo History,

SGM James M Mitose, SGM William K,S Chow, Sgm Ed Parker, and GM John Mc Sweeney.

A listing of Europes most Prominent Modern Day Kenpoists ( his Title )

Mr Graham Lelliot Mr Hans Hesslemann
    Mr Anthony Taylor Mr Alan Corrigan
    Ms Jaki Mc Vicar Mr Richard Matthews
    Mr Ed Downey Mr Jose Enrique Hernandez
    Mr Christian Springer Mr Gino Fusciardi
    Mr Martin Carey Mr Ingmar Johansson
    Mr Roy Mc Donald Mr Willie Kelly
    Mr John Ward Mr Gary Ellis
    Mr Paul Dowling MrJose Maria Guitierrez
    Mr Nigel Romeril

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

great, thanks for the details!

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Hi Guys, Thank you for your enquires my new book is “The Official European Kenpo Karate Journey” This book gives you the full and true history of Senior Grand Master Ed Parkers Kenpo Karate in Europe from the start! All information in this book is supported by documentation. It profiles Europe’s first black belts, Senior Grandmaster Ed Parker, Europe’s most Prominent Modern Day Kenpoists, Senior Grandmaster James M. Mitose, Senior Grandmaster William K. S. Chow, Grandmaster John Mc Sweeney ( The man that brought Kenpo to Europe). The Book is only available in hardback with presentation cover. Price 45 Euros including P&P any where in the world. To Order: Send Cheque or Postal orders to: Martin Carey 42 Monastery Crescent Clondalkin Dublin 22 Ireland. (All payments made payable to Martin Carey.) If you have any enquires Email me at, americankenpokarateacademy@yahoo.co.uk
    Regards Martin Carey

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

got to disagree with the claim of 'most prominent' as there seem to be several candidates for that title missing from the list - including the instructors of some of those that appear. Where's Schulte, and Rose for example?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesB For This Useful Post:

KenpoJuJitsu3 (04-25-2007)

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Yes... I was going to ask about Rainer Schulte. Wasn't he supposed to be the one that introduced the IKKA in Germany?

Interesting.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to profesormental For This Useful Post:

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Carey View Post
    Hi Guys, Thank you for your enquires my new book is “The Official European Kenpo Karate Journey” This book gives you the full and true history of Senior Grand Master Ed Parkers Kenpo Karate in Europe from the start! All information in this book is supported by documentation. It profiles Europe’s first black belts, Senior Grandmaster Ed Parker, Europe’s most Prominent Modern Day Kenpoists, Senior Grandmaster James M. Mitose, Senior Grandmaster William K. S. Chow, Grandmaster John Mc Sweeney ( The man that brought Kenpo to Europe). The Book is only available in hardback with presentation cover. Price 45 Euros including P&P any where in the world. To Order: Send Cheque or Postal orders to: Martin Carey 42 Monastery Crescent Clondalkin Dublin 22 Ireland. (All payments made payable to Martin Carey.) If you have any enquires Email me at, americankenpokarateacademy@yahoo.co.uk
    Regards Martin Carey
    Congratulations Mr Carey on such a difficult and time consuming task, the many months of research and interviews with all the black belts in europe must have been difficult to organise.

However as Jamesb has mentioned Mr Schulte seems to be missing off the list presented here was this an oversight in typing or is he really not in the book, I belieev he was mainly responsible for Kenpo in Germany but then again I may have that wrong.

Amrik

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kenposikh For This Useful Post:

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Hi Guys, Mr Schulte was one of the first to be asked to take part! Mr Schulte made it very clear to me that he is not a European!! If you read the American Journey he is in that (AMERICAN) it you wish you can Email me at americankenpokarateacademy@yahoo.co.uk I will give you Mr Schultes Emails to me and the mails I sent him.

Mr Rose was invited to take part all he had to send was a profile and a list of his grades!! We got no reply from him!! His people were also contacted with same!! Some people in the book made it clear to me that if Mr Rose was in the book they wanted no part and claim he never got a black belt of Mr Parker!! Some claim he is Mr Schultes black belt! Mr Schulte is a 7th degree!!!!! Mr Rose is wearing a 10th degree!! Both men were invited by me to take part.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martin Carey For This Useful Post:

Celtic_Crippler (04-25-2007),profesormental (04-25-2007)

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Hi Guys, Mr Schulte was one of the first to be asked to take part! Mr Schulte made it very clear to me that he is not a European!! If you read the American Journey he is in that (AMERICAN) it you wish you can Email me at americankenpokarateacademy@yahoo.co.uk I will give you Mr Schultes Emails to me and the mails I sent him.

Mr Rose was invited to take part all he had to send was a profile and a list of his grades!! We got no reply from him!! His people were also contacted with same!! Some people in the book made it clear to me that if Mr Rose was in the book they wanted no part and claim he never got a black belt of Mr Parker!! Some claim he is Mr Schultes black belt! Mr Schulte is a 7th degree!!!!! Mr Rose is wearing a 10th degree!! Both men were invited by me to take part.
    ahh got to love kenpo politics :-) I had always assumed Mr Schulte was from Germany, shows what I know lol. Not to worry, was just interested to hear who was featured really. Good luck with the book!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Sounds like you had a similar "problem" that occured during the compilation of "The Journey." You can't make people contribute. Thanks for your hard work!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

hey martin i look forward to meeting you at the viking camp this week see you there.
    later
    Jason Arnold
    CANADA
    Parker/Planas Lineage
    Presas/Hartman Arnis
    Hartsell/Irish JKD

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links