Thread: WKKA Camp

Thanks

Default WKKA Camp

Who is coming to the WKKA camp this year?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: WKKA Camp

When is the one in Baltimore this year?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mace
    When is the one in Baltimore this year?
    October 21,22,and 23.
    Here is the WKKA web site :http://www.wkka.org

Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 798 Posts

Won't be attending that camp but I will be attending the one in Montreal.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    Who is coming to the WKKA camp this year?
    I'll be there, actually my hubby and kids will be there too! Looking forward to a great camp this year! Anyone else attending 10/21,22,23 ... Baltimore.

Donna

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpo Mama
    I'll be there, actually my hubby and kids will be there too! Looking forward to a great camp this year! Anyone else attending 10/21,22,23 ... Baltimore.

Donna
    I will be there and I will be testing too finally.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

I will be there and I will be testing too finally.
    That's great David, i'm sure you'll be terrific. I look forward to seeing you test. Don't train too hard! Heehee!

Salute,

Donna

Thanks

Well the camp is over. I thnk it was a big success. The black belt tests for the most part were great. Alot of black belts came to the camp this year which is awsome. I had fun. What about you Kenpo Mama and Pete?
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Well the camp is over. I thnk it was a big success. The black belt tests for the most part were great. Alot of black belts came to the camp this year which is awsome. I had fun. What about you Kenpo Mama and Pete?
    I thoroughly enjoyed the camp this year. I especially enjoyed watching the black belt certifications and demos. It was great to see some folks from last year and to see the improvements made by all. David you did an excellent job and I'm sure Mr. Palanzo was very proud of you! The Kids from my school performed an awesome demo to start out the certifications and they were excellent! Pete and I did Two-"person" set as part of my certification and I think it was well-received. My son loved the kids camp on saturday and learned a terrific staff set and self defense techs and sparring games.

The seminars were terrific this year. By Saturday afternoon my head was spinning with kenpo "goodies". The Hawaiian themed dinner was fun, the demos rocked and the speeches were short! All in all an excellent camp!

Peace,

Donna

Thanks

I thoroughly enjoyed the camp this year. I especially enjoyed watching the black belt certifications and demos. It was great to see some folks from last year and to see the improvements made by all. David you did an excellent job and I'm sure Mr. Palanzo was very proud of you! The Kids from my school performed an awesome demo to start out the certifications and they were excellent! Pete and I did Two-"person" set as part of my certification and I think it was well-received. My son loved the kids camp on saturday and learned a terrific staff set and self defense techs and sparring games.

The seminars were terrific this year. By Saturday afternoon my head was spinning with kenpo "goodies". The Hawaiian themed dinner was fun, the demos rocked and the speeches were short! All in all an excellent camp!

Peace,

Donna
    Well thank you, your test was great too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 798 Posts

Congratulations to both of yo on your successful tests.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Congratulations to both of yo on your successful tests.
    Thank you

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

hey david. it was great meeting you at the camp and seeing you test. congratulations on your promotion!

i had a blast at the camp, specifically 3 of the seminars.

1. Dr Gyi's combat knife seminar. this was my first experiece with him, and while i wish him happiness in his retirement, selfishly i hope he gets bored and returns to teach from time to time. while not a big fan of knife fighting in general, i found an element of realism in his class that showed the knife as a combat weapon for killing. not as a toy or to see how fancy you can get slicing the bad guy up, just kill or be killed. not for the squimish, and would probably make some knife experts think about there training.

2. Dr Bob Sprando's kenpo club technique class. this guy rocks. he is very knowledgeable and insightful in his teaching. it was cool to learn the extensions of the green belt club techs. we all were stuck in a small room sweating with no ventilation, swinging clubs and taking each other down. gotta love it~

3. Joe Palanzo's green belt extension class. joe taught this well, especially since most people didn't know the extensions and others that did looked like they don't get much chance to practice them as much. they were all new to me, so i came away with a ton of new material.

it was fun being part of the testing, and nerve racking since i knew donna would never let me forget it if i screwed up 2-man set...LOL... thnak goodness it turned out to be one of our best sets or i'd be in the doghouse~

pete

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    hey david. it was great meeting you at the camp and seeing you test. congratulations on your promotion!

1. Dr Gyi's combat knife seminar. this was my first experiece with him, and while i wish him happiness in his retirement, selfishly i hope he gets bored and returns to teach from time to time. while not a big fan of knife fighting in general, i found an element of realism in his class that showed the knife as a combat weapon for killing. not as a toy or to see how fancy you can get slicing the bad guy up, just kill or be killed. not for the squimish, and would probably make some knife experts think about there training.

2. Dr Bob Sprando's kenpo club technique class. this guy rocks. he is very knowledgeable and insightful in his teaching. it was cool to learn the extensions of the green belt club techs. we all were stuck in a small room sweating with no ventilation, swinging clubs and taking each other down. gotta love it~

3. Joe Palanzo's green belt extension class. joe taught this well, especially since most people didn't know the extensions and others that did looked like they don't get much chance to practice them as much. they were all new to me, so i came away with a ton of new material.

it was fun being part of the testing, and nerve racking since i knew donna would never let me forget it if i screwed up 2-man set...LOL... thnak goodness it turned out to be one of our best sets or i'd be in the doghouse~

pete
    Dr. Gyi is a great guy. I met him at the first camp I went to in 2000. I have taken both his K-bar class and Kukari class, not only is he a great teacher, he is also a great person. He lets you know that he cares about you. Mr. Sparando is one of my teachers. I have known him for a few years. He has helped me in school and in life, he is great. What can I say about Mr. Palanzo, he is the best teacher I have ever had. He is like a second father to me. I still dont know why he kicked me and his son but no one else. Anyways I am glad you had a great time. I was great meeting the two of you too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete

pete
    Hey buddy. I would love to chat with you sometime about your seminars there.

Hi to Donna!

Jamie Seabrook
    www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seabrook
    Hey buddy. I would love to chat with you sometime about your seminars there.

Hi to Donna!

Jamie Seabrook
    www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com
    You want to talk to which of us?

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

You want to talk to which of us?
    Hi David! I think Mr. Seabrook means pete, since he quoted his post. Although i'm sure he'd love to chat with you about the camp too!

Peace, my friend!

Donna

Thanks

Hi David! I think Mr. Seabrook means pete, since he quoted his post. Although i'm sure he'd love to chat with you about the camp too!

Peace, my friend!

Donna
    Ok no prob

Thanks

Does anyone know when they are putting the pictures of the camp and test up?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links