Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Kenpo Slap

Thanks

Default Re: The Kenpo Slap

Now that I think about it.... perhaps people like that are the perfect use of a Kenpo slap.....
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,866 Times in 5,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrBunny View Post
    Well he clearly had no idea what he was talking about...

Pffff Rebound...... Bah... clearly it's a ricochet!! What madness would ever use a rebound for something like that?!?

My language is the only true language!!!!!!!

Totalitarian Bunny of truth!!!!!!

*Side note... this was actually difficult to write cause, aside from the sarcasm, I know there are people out there who actually think this way... like... seriously....
    Yes they do.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

MrBunny (10-11-2019)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Pffff Rebound...... Bah... clearly it's a ricochet!! What madness would ever use a rebound for something like that?!?

*Side note... this was actually difficult to write cause, aside from the sarcasm, I know there are people out there who actually think this way... like... seriously....
    Indeed. And their lack of humility and submission to the Star-Dragon's views is disturbing.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Now wait a minute... Are you saying you are NOT a mutant overbunny, supreme grandmaster of all known and unknown martial arts human and extraterrestrian?!

That really comes as a shock... Now that I thought I finally found my equal...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Star Dragon View Post
    Now wait a minute... Are you saying you are NOT a mutant overbunny, supreme grandmaster of all known and unknown martial arts human and extraterrestrian?!

That really comes as a shock... Now that I thought I finally found my equal...
    Nope .. just Spork-Fu... which has no slaps in it... thats all in the Way of the Hillbilly Spoon.

Bunbun
    "Do you have any bactine? Some of this blood is mine."

"Dear Die-ary, today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender. I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me."

-JTHM

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,866 Times in 5,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Star Dragon View Post
    I agree that the slaps have got to do with muscular reaction. More specifically with so-called opening and closing of the body.

This ties in with fairly sophisticated principles of power generation. As Mr. Tatum already demonstrated a good understanding of those on some occasions, I am a bit surprised about his explanation for the slaps as quoted above.
    He "mimics" well and it has served him very well, but it has its limitations without a deeper understanding of what you're doing. To that end I have seen him, (and others) "slap" incorrectly and in the wrong place that could be debilitating in a fight.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Possible reasons for "the slap" could be IMO

1. A method of clearing an incoming strike to the outside of your shoulder, helps you avoid over rotating and extending your limb beyond the point of usefulness. (commonly used in arts like Cimande)

2. Can be used as a trigger to entering specific frames of mind with enough association training, slap X spot then move with this kind of attitude, Slap Y spot move with this other kind of attitude.

3. Reinforce the attacking limb at the moment of impact by momentarily creating a triangle-like structure or reassigning muscle groups to increase balance or protective qualities

4. Program the mind to understand where the other limb is at when a different limb is being used making a counter with the back up limb faster because it too becomes a part of that which is in use.

5. Can be used as a timing and rebounding mechanism that can help synchronize your footwork with your upper body movement

6. Can be used to manipulate (increase or decrease) meridian energy by completing gates and opening and closing cavities but I'm personally not at a level where I can do such voodoo.

By Sami Ibrahim

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sami For This Useful Post:

Star Dragon (3 Weeks Ago)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links