Thread: Master Tatum!

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Exclamation Master Tatum!

I just wanted to say to all of you who study/ied under Master Tatum, You are extremely lucky. Through the years I've only witnessed him via video, and to me, that is exactly what kenpo should look like! The speed, power, and know how, truly awesome (I always felt bad for poor Rick!).

shane Guest

Default Re: Master Tatum!

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Sword
    I just wanted to say to all of you who study/ied under Master Tatum, You are extremely lucky. Through the years I've only witnessed him via video, and to me, that is exactly what kenpo should look like! The speed, power, and know how, truly awesome (I always felt bad for poor Rick!).
    I will have to agree with you here. I also have only witnessed him on video/internet, but he truly has some awesome speed and power.

Thanks

I consider myself a luck man...I will be attending his summer camp this June along with 10 other students of mine here from Canada. It's going to be a blast.

Jamie Seabrook

www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seabrook
    I consider myself a luck man...I will be attending his summer camp this June along with 10 other students of mine here from Canada. It's going to be a blast.

Jamie Seabrook

www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com
    When is he updating his tips of the week?

Simon Curran Guest

I have had the honour and pleasure of attending a couple of seminars with Mr Tatum, and his speed is just blinding, at one of the seminars he performed Lone Kimono on me with a nunchaku, and I ending up on the ground getting choked with the chain...

Thanks

So what was I, chopped liver LOL. I wholeheartedly agree with you tho, my search for the best has kept me there, but my search hasn't stopped, I just haven't found anyone better yet in 15 years.

Clyde

CaptShady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shane
    I will have to agree with you here. I also have only witnessed him on video/internet, but he truly has some awesome speed and power.

Just curious here. How many other seniors have you seen in the same regard? Could you list them?

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor
    I wholeheartedly agree with you tho, my search for the best has kept me there, but my search hasn't stopped, I just haven't found anyone better yet in 15 years.
    Thank you, Mr. O'Brient. This gives me some confidence that I'm on the right track.
    When I saw the TOW I remember thinking, "This is the Kenpo that caught my fascination." Master Tatum is incredibly precise. His speed and power are evident. Watching him perform the techniques of Kenpo was just exciting! I have not felt like that about Kenpo in a long time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    When is he updating his tips of the week?

Mr. Tatum updates them periodically. One of the best ways to get him to update his tips is to email him and tell him that there's a technique that doesn't work. Tell him why and then he'll make a tip to tell you why it does.

Telling him it doesn't work seriously motivates him.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    Mr. Tatum updates them periodically. One of the best ways to get him to update his tips is to email him and tell him that there's a technique that doesn't work. Tell him why and then he'll make a tip to tell you why it does.

Telling him it doesn't work seriously motivates him.

--Amy
    Ok excellent. I will start brain storming now.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links