Thread: Shaolin Temple Cultural Festival

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Shaolin Temple Cultural Festival

Last week Philip Sahagun called and asked if he could come to the studio with a couple of Shaolin Temple monks to talk to me. I met them a couple of hours later and I was asked to represent Ed Parker's American Kenpo at the Los Angeles Convention Center. This event is The Shaolin Temple Cultural Festival. The opportunity to represent our art is something I take very seriously and I am compiling a "Dream Team", of American Kenpoists. I have confirmation from a few of these great martial artists that will be performing on October 12th. We will also have competition earlier in the day and the winning demonstration team will be on stage that night as part of our team. Paul Dye, Dave Thompson, Anto Parseghian, Andrea Pfefer Solow, and Mike Pombeiro are already confirmed. We will be representing Ed Parker's American Kenpo and I will take the necessary steps to do the very best possible. The support of our community would be appreciated.
    More information will be posted on the competition soon. There will not be any sparring so the competition will be forms, self defense techniques, and demonstration teams. I will not receive any money from this event but a percentage will go to the Royal Family Kids from the tournament.
    Respectfully,
    Bob White
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZxnqVI-qak

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bob White For This Useful Post:

Doc (06-18-2013),jdinca (06-17-2013),KenpoGhost (06-16-2013),kickboxinglover (11-04-2013),KirkS (06-17-2013),MarkC (06-16-2013),nelson (06-16-2013)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Shaolin Temple Cultural Festival

Here is the promotional video that we created for this event. It should be a great time and we look forward to having many of our Kenpo friends participate.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

I am very happy to announce that the "Dream Team" is growing. We have confirmed Angelo Collado to do Form 6 and be a part of the team. Mr. Collado has a history of excellence and we are pleased that he will be there to represent EPAK.
    Luis Gutierrez from Mexico has also been confirmed. Mr Gutierrez, a student of Gilbert Velez is an outstanding fighter as well as a real leader in our art. Mr Gutierrez is a great addition to our team and we are happy to have him.
    These two fine kenpoists will be joining Master Paul Dye, Professor Dave Thompson, Professor Antranig Anto Parseghian, Dan Pribble, Andrea Pfefer Solow, and Michael Pombeiro to form this team.
    I am expecting confirmation on another team member at anytime and I will post as soon as I hear.
    I hope that if you are involved in kenpo you will support this great team and be there Oct. 12th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob White For This Useful Post:

jdinca (07-09-2013)

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Here is a breakdown of the Kenpo divisions for the event. Click on it to see a larger version.
    They can also be found at www.bwkenpo.com as well as a copy of the press release for the event.
    We hope to see our Kenpo friends at this event to help showcase Mr. Parker's art.
    KenpoDivisions_zpse4ea0f85.jpg

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Two more members of our "Dream Team". James Bennett, one of Eddie Downey's Black Belts from Ireland will be joining the team. Mr. Bennett is an outstanding athlete and is featured often in Black Belt magazine. He is a full time kenpo instructor with his own school here in Southern Ca. and also does some stunt work in movies.
    Scott Halsey is also joining the team. Scott is an outstanding competitor and has been for years. Mr. Halsey has his own school in Redding, Ca. and is respected around the world for his skill level as well as his character.
    Both of these gentlemen are world class martial artist and at the same time men that I have a lot of respect for.
    I am seriously looking forward to watching this team perform.
    Bob White

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links