Thread: Bow of Compulsion

Thanks

Default Bow of Compulsion

Sweet Technique

Bow of Compulsion (Front- Wrist Lock; Against Attacker's Chest)
    1. An attacker at 12 o'clock pins your right hand against their chest.

2. Put your left hand on top of your attacker's pin. Step to 12 o'clock with your right foot into a right neutral bow. Simultaneously with this step collapse your right arm into a right downward elbow to your attacker's solar plexus or possibly groin.

3. With your left hand still in a diagonal guard position, sink into a right wide kneel stance as you rake down your attacker's body through your attacker's groin.

4. Immediately reverse your motion and execute a right reverse handsword to your attacker's groin.

5. Execute a right backfist to your attacker's left knee.

6. Following a figure-8 pattern, execute a right punch to your attacker's right knee.

7. Cross out towards 7:30.

Where is there a figure eight pattern? Backknuckle and than a steight line to his right knee.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Re: Bow of Compulsion

Round out the the action after the back knuckle and you end up with a figure pattern with out the 2nd loop of the 8
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Round out the the action after the back knuckle and you end up with a figure pattern with out the 2nd loop of the 8
    Yea i guess you could stretch that idea lol.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Yep Rob, that's exactly the way I do it. It really does add some power to the strike to round out the punch to the knee. I love figure 8's. It would be interesting to note which other techs they show up in. Hmmm... maybe a new thread.

Peace,

Donna

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

if the groin strike and backfist to the right knee are effective, the target of the punch coming off the Fig-8 may be his face (and not the left knee). a good wide kneel could take out that left knee and collapse his ankle...
    pete

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

How does your hand end up pinned against the opponents chest??? Is it assumed that you walked up and grabbed them by the shirt for instance? That would be inappropriate behavior for a Kenpoist don't ya think? Just something I've always wondered about concerning this technique...how did you end up there in the first place!?!

Thoughts?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

How about some type of verbal altercation and the attacker keeps walking towards you and you decide to put your arm out to keep them away. While still trying to talk your way out of it they decide to wrist lock you?

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

could happen in a thousand different scenarios, could be a lazy check that stayed in place a little too long.

the attack, as i learned from chin na, is a nasty wrist lock. Dr Yang, Jwing-Ming calls it "child worships the buddha", because of the 'prayer hands' to set the angle and the 'bowing' that would lock the tendons in the wrist...

that is why that first action in 'Bow of Compulsion' is necessary to prevent the attacker from setting the angle.

pete

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth
    How about some type of verbal altercation and the attacker keeps walking towards you and you decide to put your arm out to keep them away. While still trying to talk your way out of it they decide to wrist lock you?
    Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way. Probably because I would never hold my hand up in that manner. I'm a little impatient with people that threaten me Also, with a background in grappling I wouldn't want to "hand" any of my extremities to a potential opponent. But I can now see how it could be applicable to a lot of people (especially to ones with more patience than me. LOL) From that perspective I can see it's use. Or as pete said, you could get stuck by leaving a check in place too long. Thanks for the input and "opening" my eyes!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links