Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Larry Tatum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Larry Tatum

How many Tatum students do we have here. Let us know.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks

Default Re: Larry Tatum

Tatum, as in Tatum's school? Or Tatum's as in his association?

I'm in his association under Darryl Liner and Tatum comes to our school usually twice a year, but I'm not directly under him.

At camp, I tested in front of him and he signed my certificate, so I don't know if that counts.

I have a lot of his videos too. I also have just about all of Mike Lambert's videos and somehow got two sets of Brent Berry's. I'm going to sell those on ebay though, so if you know anyone interested......

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    Tatum, as in Tatum's school? Or Tatum's as in his association?

I'm in his association under Darryl Liner and Tatum comes to our school usually twice a year, but I'm not directly under him.

At camp, I tested in front of him and he signed my certificate, so I don't know if that counts.

I have a lot of his videos too. I also have just about all of Mike Lambert's videos and somehow got two sets of Brent Berry's. I'm going to sell those on ebay though, so if you know anyone interested......

--Amy
    Falling under the Tatum Lineage was what i was after. I had a blond moment during my initial post, and all ijntelligent thought left my body.

Thanks

"somehow got two sets of Brent Berry's. I'm going to sell those on ebay though, so if you know anyone interested......"

To clarify, I'm selling Brent's videos, not the other ones.

And I hate when that happens...the blond thing.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Check the avatar... blonde here.

Amy let me know when you put those videos up for sale. I'd love to get a hold on 'em.
    "Second chances they don't never matter, people never change
    Once a whore you're nothing more i'm sorry that'll never change
    And about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged
    I'm sorry honey, but i'm passing up, now look this way...*" --Paramore "Misery Business"

(*this is where a punch would be landed)

Thanks

I am a LTKKA member and recieved my 6th degree black belt from Mr. Tatum in March 2004.

I live in Canada so I get to as many camps as feasible, LOL. I'll be attending, teaching, and participating in the LTKKA World Championships in Baltimore this August..can't wait.....I'll have to wait to see about Las Vegas in June.

The only thing I regret is not having been with Tatum's organization many years ago.

Jamie Seabrook

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

To clarify, I'm selling Brent's videos, not the other ones.

--Amy
    ..they wouldn't happen to be his "back yard" tapes would they? LOL. I've got those...and some of him doing forms by his swimming pool. I think those were filmed almost 10 years ago! I can't wait until he has some professionally produced. The ones he sells on e-bay don't do him justice.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

i am an LTKKA member since jan 14 of this year, after attending camps and working those in the lineage for about a year and a half. i have not received rank in the organization or from master tatum, nor is that a concern at this time. i am more interested in learning (and re-learning) the information within the system as transmitted by master tatum, and to continue training and growing with like-minded kenpoists.

rob, i find it odd that you ask this question here, on this forum... is there a reason for the inquiry in light of some current activities? you know, there were a couple of high ranking black belts and long time students of master tatum on this forum who no longer contribute to these discussions due to excessive moderation...

pete landini

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete

rob, i find it odd that you ask this question here, on this forum... is there a reason for the inquiry in light of some current activities? you know, there were a couple of high ranking black belts and long time students of master tatum on this forum who no longer contribute to these discussions due to excessive moderation...

pete landini
    Actually, those members were asked many times to not be so rude to other members. While they had great information to share, it was their method of dealing other members that was the issue. We had several members complain about how they were treated.

Thanks

A little respect goes a long way, brother! I once her Hulk Hogan say that backstage at a WCW event when my buddy was taking a picture of him. LOL. But it holds true.

I have nothing but respect for Mr. Tatum and would love to get any insights from members of his organization. At least the ones that are still posting anyway.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

I did a small chuckle when I read the 'excessive moderation' line. I figured that the person who wrote it was unfamiliar with the communication style of those in question.

--Amy

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Tatum lineage. Tatum > Bulot

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Ha ha! What? What? You mean constant belittling and divisiveness is cause for excessive moderation? Okay.. maybe a tad.

I did a small chuckle when I read the 'excessive moderation' line. I figured that the person who wrote it was unfamiliar with the communication style of those in question.

--Amy
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

SUPPORT KENPOTALK:http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/payments.php

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

I figured that the person who wrote it was unfamiliar with the communication style of those in question.

--Amy
    amy, your assumptions continue to be incorrect. pete.

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Actually, those members were asked many times to not be so rude to other members. While they had great information to share, it was their method of dealing other members that was the issue. We had several members complain about how they were treated.
    rob, you still really haven't answered the question... is this a harmless role call, or is there another agenda at hand? pete.

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

I believe it's a simple head count. We've got a few ideas cooking that require us to have a better idea of who our members are, interests, lineages, etc.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks

Anyone else signed up in the Tatum association?

Some people might be in more than one association. Not everyone has chimed in.

--Amy

Thanks

Can you be in more than one organization? A would you have to change your patches for the different seminars in the different associations? I'm staying with Mills, but, Mr. Tatum is definately worthy of his rank and respect. I would love to watch one of his seminars.

Thanks

A lot of organizations allow for multiple memberships. Anyone that purports to promote learning must allow for exploration.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    A lot of organizations allow for multiple memberships. Anyone that purports to promote learning must allow for exploration.
    Thank you for the repsonse. I live here in Las Vegas now, so if I have the time and money, I'd really like to check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links