Thread: Belt Test

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Belt Test

I have seen the other threads out there on the Belt test but I can not find out where I could find them? Does anyone Know where I can find them? I am looking for test up to 1st Black? thanks Scott
    All human laws are, properly speaking, only declaratory; they have no power over the substance of original justice.
    Edmund Burke

"There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility."
    Abilene, KS, May 2, 1903

“Traditionalists often study what is taught, not what there is to create.”
    ED PARKER

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

Default Re: Belt Test

I'm not sure what exact "black belt test" you are referring to but it will change from organization, affiliation, instructor, & person. There is no one exact test any longer. Ask your instructor.
    You are not here to win friends. You are not here to look pretty. You are not here to stare at some chick's @ss. You know why you're here. And if you don't, then get the **** out because you're just taking up space......So SHUT up and TRAIN - Flex Mag.

`If you wish to get ahold of me please contact me at jhfarnsworth@yahoo.com.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth View Post
    I'm not sure what exact "black belt test" you are referring to but it will change from organization, affiliation, instructor, & person. There is no one exact test any longer. Ask your instructor.
    Agreed. I know the IKCA has their tests for print out, so you can practice and know the exact test. I'm sure other organizations probably have something similiar. But, each instructor might even be different from school to school even in the same org.

Are you asking for the original tests that SGM Parker used?
    "For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer."

Romans 13:4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

I test a student on everything they have learned from the first day of training based on the curriculum
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

Doc (03-10-2010),J Ellis (03-10-2010),madeku (03-11-2010),Ray (03-10-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I know that you are tested on everything you learn and call me sick or weird but I would like something to continue to challenge me and also hone my skills when physical pratice is not possible.
    All human laws are, properly speaking, only declaratory; they have no power over the substance of original justice.
    Edmund Burke

"There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility."
    Abilene, KS, May 2, 1903

ED PARKER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beehive Kenpo View Post
    I know that you are tested on everything you learn and call me sick or weird but I would like something to continue to challenge me and also hone my skills when physical pratice is not possible.
    if that's what you want, then stick around here, keep posting, follow the discussions, etc.. look at video on youtube and dissect, ask questions, etc.
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I do that on my own I want the written test that they have for yellow and orange and so on. just something I feel that is of use.
    Edmund Burke

Abilene, KS, May 2, 1903

ED PARKER

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Don't you have an instructor? No offence intended,but your posts imply you do not. Much of your questions are answered through training,experience and interaction with skilled practitioners. Get on the mat in a good school. You seem to be fishing for shortcuts - there aren't any if you want to be a competent practitioner. Like I said,no offence intended.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to robertk For This Useful Post:

Beehive Kenpo (03-11-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

yes and no I am in the army and I am far away from him and I am leaving for Afghanistan. it would be nice to have something like the test to work on to help kill time (hurry up and wait). no worries on the offence I wrote on this site so I should be ready to know that some people look at them different. I just was going through the yellow belt test and it made me think and yes I have about every kenpo book there is, but I am not one of the people who can remember everything right away. I think test help you remember stuff like that. I must say I wish I had my instructor to go to everyday. he is actually getting me something put together but I read on here a while ago about the Mrs. Hales having written tests for every belt up to black and was hoping someone could help me find them. I do work with some kenpoist around here when time permits with the army. the army has you do a lot of stupid things thanks to soldiers who are not so good with things. anyways I love Kenpo and long for the day I get to work with a good group of kenpoist daily.
    Edmund Burke

Abilene, KS, May 2, 1903

ED PARKER

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beehive Kenpo For This Useful Post:

Carol (03-11-2010),robertk (03-11-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Glad there was none taken. I feel both humbled and glad to have met you on KT. I wish you the best and hope you can stay in touch. -Bob

Thanks

You have your manuals ? Write your own exam on what you think a test should include at each belt level. Develope your own personal form with 24 techs on both sides covering the 8 angles of attack and defense and put it down in writting maintaing a consistant theme. Diescet each move and support your form by describing the principles found within each movement,technique, and transition within it. Start with the nature of the attack and the attackers intent.

Write a anyalitcal examination for each technique within your system. Develope the textural evidence which supports seperate lesson plans that outline the sequencial progression of principles found within the techniques, and when they should be introduced thereby contributing to your systems curriculum.

Take the techniques within your system and place them into catagories based on types of attacks, be it step thru punches, front kicks, club attacks, etc. Describe the family groupings and the patterns of movement which relate them.

You want to be challanged mentally, I respect that. The one requirement that is pretty much a constant is the requirement that each level of Black Belt requires a written thesis. Here is an link to show you how to formulate one.

http://classweb.gmu.edu/WAC/EnglishGuide/Critical/formulating.html

Prepare your thesis on a specific aspect of Kenpo, be it the architecture of the system, the universal pattern, movement vs motion, the diference between dicitionaries,encyclopedias,and appendix and how they goveren the system, or perhaps even your signature quote of Mr. Parker

ED PARKER

But remember this: the moment you learn any material from a written curriculum the curriculum itself is then traditionalized. It is the vehicale which delivers the organizational platform, and the very context which supports it is bound by the limits of the curriculum's content. That is the only way it can be replicated,disected, tested and translated to future generations.

There comes a point when you become your best teacher, do the research and you will be closer to undersatnding the simplicity of the sophistication of Mr. Parkers system.

Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

Beehive Kenpo (03-11-2010),J Ellis (03-12-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

that is great idea. I have been toying with some of that here and there I guess I could take time up and just create my own. I have also found some on Nackord Kenpo great site by the way. I love the internet I have been able to search and find out so much about Kenpo. I think Mr. Parker would have been very Pleased to have the internet. anyways thanks again to all. I have couple of weeks tell I go to Afghanistan Yeh Hah.
    Edmund Burke

Abilene, KS, May 2, 1903

ED PARKER

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Beehive Kenpo For This Useful Post:

MARSHALLS KENPO (03-11-2010)

Thanks

that is great idea. I have been toying with some of that here and there I guess I could take time up and just create my own. I have also found some on Nackord Kenpo great site by the way. I love the internet I have been able to search and find out so much about Kenpo. I think Mr. Parker would have been very Pleased to have the internet. anyways thanks again to all. I have couple of weeks tell I go to Afghanistan Yeh Hah.

Be safe, keep you head and butt down. We will be here when you get back.
    My respects
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

trgodbm@yahoo.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

Beehive Kenpo (03-12-2010)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links