Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Possibly Defunct Organizations

  1. #1
    Bob Hubbard's Avatar
    Bob Hubbard is offline Retired


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,610
    Thanks
    1,012
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

    Default Possibly Defunct Organizations

    This is a listing of organiations whose websites no longer resolve. If you have information or updates, please post them here.




    American Kenpo Federation (A.K.F.)



    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dana Point, CA
    Posts
    2,341
    Thanks
    2,290
    Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,425 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    This is a listing of organiations whose websites no longer resolve. If you have information or updates, please post them here.






    AKSC...Bob White was the next chairman in the go 'round, and decided that -- unntil the senior council had a very distinct value-added mission to offer, they should sit on it for a spell.

    IKKO -- That's Dennis Conatser, known here as The Golden Dragon. He may not know his sites down. Or in this economy, just be opting to let it slide. Mebbe let him know his sites down?

    OAKKA -- Uncle Dave Hebler started it; sold the rights to it to a guy in the Pacific Northwest, IIRC. Pretty much died off shortly around thhat time.

    Can't help you with the rest.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

  3. #3
    Bob Hubbard's Avatar
    Bob Hubbard is offline Retired


    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Posts
    5,610
    Thanks
    1,012
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    I shot DC a note on MT a week or 3 back about it, haven't heard back yet.

    Thanks!
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

  4. #4
    KenpoMD's Avatar
    KenpoMD is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    328
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked 386 Times in 184 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    Last I checked the IKKO website was alive and well here...

    http://www.geocities.com/ikkorg/
    Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
    -
    Ludwig van Beethoven

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth Texas
    Posts
    3,900
    Thanks
    2,878
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,088 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I shot DC a note on MT a week or 3 back about it, haven't heard back yet.

    Thanks!

    Give him a call
    Brad Marshall SP
    KKFI

    trgodbm@yahoo.com

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to MARSHALLS KENPO For This Useful Post:

    Bob Hubbard (12-02-2008)

  7. #6
    rpg723 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    I believe that the AKF site now resolves to www.akfkenpo.org. Perhaps they let the .com expire.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rpg723 For This Useful Post:

    Inevitable_Sifu (12-19-2009)

  9. #7
    kenpochrstn is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    wickliffe,oh.
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts

    Lightbulb Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoMD View Post
    Last I checked the IKKO website was alive and well here...

    http://www.geocities.com/ikkorg/
    Sir - I don't know how alive, and well it is. The last time it was updated was 2006!

    PEACE...

  10. #8
    Inevitable_Sifu is offline
    KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    The American Kenpo Federation is definitely not defunct. There website changed to www.akfkenpo.org.
    Thank you

  11. #9
    TheGoldenOne's Avatar
    TheGoldenOne is offline
    KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt

    AKI Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Posts
    800
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 499 Times in 231 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    I.K.K.O. is still and has been active ... I did however finally change my domain name to [ ikko.com ] since geocities is no longer alive.

    Thanks,
    Dennis Conatser
    * Why is there always time to do it over, when there is never time to do it right?
    * K
    -knowledge E-enriches N-nice P-people O-only
    * All I ask for is ... Measurable Progress in Reasonable Time .....
    * Time will either Promote you or Expose You!
    * There are two ways of spreading the light.... 1]. to be the candle or 2]. the mirror that reflects it!
    * It's not what you take with you when you go....... but rather what you leave behind!


  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGoldenOne For This Useful Post:

    Bob Hubbard (02-12-2010),Carol (02-13-2010),Dr. Dave in da house (02-12-2010)

  13. #10
    TheGoldenOne's Avatar
    TheGoldenOne is offline
    KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt

    AKI Contributing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Posts
    800
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 499 Times in 231 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    Quote Originally Posted by KenpoMD View Post
    Last I checked the IKKO website was alive and well here...

    http://www.geocities.com/ikkorg/
    I know this is an old post... website is at...... http://www.ikko.com
    * Why is there always time to do it over, when there is never time to do it right?
    * K
    -knowledge E-enriches N-nice P-people O-only
    * All I ask for is ... Measurable Progress in Reasonable Time .....
    * Time will either Promote you or Expose You!
    * There are two ways of spreading the light.... 1]. to be the candle or 2]. the mirror that reflects it!
    * It's not what you take with you when you go....... but rather what you leave behind!


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGoldenOne For This Useful Post:

    KenpoMD (10-09-2010)

  15. #11
    KenpoMD's Avatar
    KenpoMD is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Blue Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    328
    Thanks
    308
    Thanked 386 Times in 184 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenOne View Post
    I know this is an old post... website is at...... http://www.ikko.com
    Well it is good to know that the IKKO is still alive and well. Even if the old webserver isn't!
    Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
    -
    Ludwig van Beethoven

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,516
    Thanks
    1,396
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 664 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    New England Chinese Kenpo Federation is now a Jewelry store.

    http://www.neckf.com/
    "You can't account for everything, but you should account for the reasonably probable. Unfortunately for the unknowledgeable, those never ending 'what if's' will choke your thought process to death with useless information." - Doc

    "To hold and fill to overflowing is not as good as to stop in time. Sharpen a knife-edge to its very sharpest, and the edge will not last long." Loa Tzu

    www.cromwellmartialarts.com
    www.BrianAselton.org
    www.hundredclubofct.org

  17. #13
    monk64 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 28 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave in da house View Post
    OAKKA -- Uncle Dave Hebler started it; sold the rights to it to a guy in the Pacific Northwest, IIRC. Pretty much died off shortly around thhat time.
    Hebler and Greg Townsley ran American Family Karate in Hillsboro, Oregon, which was OAKKA headquarters (at least, that's where Hebler was physically). I don't know when Hebler got to Oregon but I think OAKKA was started in 1996 or so.

    At one point there were more than a dozen schools:

    http://web.archive.org/web/200402081...m/schools.html

    But Hebler disbanded it in 2004:

    http://web.archive.org/web/200405122...p://oakka.com/

    I had not heard that it'd been sold. Hebler left Oregon and moved to...Florida I think? He sold American Family Karate and it closed not long after. I suspect it was a victim of the Oregon economy at that time as well as the departure of Hebler's star power. Also, running a MA studio is not an easy business and I think the school was only successful when it did a lot of after-hours kid programs, school pickups, summer camps, etc. I don't think the new owner was as interested in that aspect of it. That's my speculation anyway.

    Last I heard Hebler's retired to Thailand.

    Hebler was a prolific organization starter:

    OAKKA
    Gift of Power
    DHKKA - Dave Hebler's Kenpo Karate Association

    Each of these awarded belts under their own name and each had a unique certificate design, so they were different organizations, though I don't know how much activity the last two really had. I think that was the chronological order. I never really paid much attention to the organizations. Living in Oregon, it's not like there were a bunch of OAKKA schools and by being a member I enjoyed the ability to move easily between them...as with a lot of MA schools, the association is just part of the price of tuition.

  18. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,809
    Thanks
    1,590
    Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,274 Posts

    Default Re: Possibly Defunct Organizations

    Quote Originally Posted by monk64 View Post
    Hebler and Greg Townsley ran American Family Karate in Hillsboro, Oregon, which was OAKKA headquarters (at least, that's where Hebler was physically). I don't know when Hebler got to Oregon but I think OAKKA was started in 1996 or so.

    At one point there were more than a dozen schools:

    http://web.archive.org/web/200402081...m/schools.html

    But Hebler disbanded it in 2004:

    http://web.archive.org/web/200405122...p://oakka.com/

    I had not heard that it'd been sold. Hebler left Oregon and moved to...Florida I think? He sold American Family Karate and it closed not long after. I suspect it was a victim of the Oregon economy at that time as well as the departure of Hebler's star power. Also, running a MA studio is not an easy business and I think the school was only successful when it did a lot of after-hours kid programs, school pickups, summer camps, etc. I don't think the new owner was as interested in that aspect of it. That's my speculation anyway.

    Last I heard Hebler's retired to Thailand.

    Hebler was a prolific organization starter:

    OAKKA
    Gift of Power
    DHKKA - Dave Hebler's Kenpo Karate Association

    Each of these awarded belts under their own name and each had a unique certificate design, so they were different organizations, though I don't know how much activity the last two really had. I think that was the chronological order. I never really paid much attention to the organizations. Living in Oregon, it's not like there were a bunch of OAKKA schools and by being a member I enjoyed the ability to move easily between them...as with a lot of MA schools, the association is just part of the price of tuition.
    just a note... Thailand was a short lived residence.. He moved back to San Diego.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MT: Kenpo Organizations
    By MT Post Bot in forum Kenpo From Other Boards
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 01:22 AM
  2. How many organizations
    By parkerkarate in forum Kenpo General
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 11:58 PM
  3. EPAK: What are the organizations that promote EPAK?
    By Bob Hubbard in forum FAQ Development Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-10-2005, 04:59 PM

Search tags for this page (caching method: table, memcache)

kenpo greg townsley

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.