Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Christian Kenpo Fellowship - New Organization/Ministry!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 629 Posts

Default Re: Christian Kenpo Fellowship - New Organization/Ministry!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Well, the Christian church was ok with that.
    I disagree..There were people in the Christian church that oppossed the things that the little Austiain guy was doing and they got put in the same camps as the jews. After WWII, Nazia records have shown that there were somewhere between 9 and 10 million people who were put in the camps and were killed...6 million were jews the rest were anyone else who opposed the Nazias
    Tradition is not about the preservation of the ashes, but about keeping the flame alive

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it".
    ~George Orwell
    Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way." Booker T. Washington

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KirkS For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (03-28-2013)

The Last Legionary is offline I Can Haz BanHammer?
    Thanks

The German people were ok with that Austrian guy right up to the point where he did that bunker dance in '45. Genocide was also ok to the German People back in the last century, which makes me question your motives here. You also have weird laws about what you can name your kids, not that that's really a bad thing, keeps stupids from calling their kids monique and unique but spelled with k's not q's. Don't even get me started on your pants. But I digress. You say "Christian Church", that's nice, which one? Because like Kenpo, there are so many different branches you'd hurt your braincell trying to count them all. You know this, which makes me think you're just trolling trying to stir up shite, which is not cool according to the sites TOS. You've seen them right?
    I Can Haz BanHammer? Please! Give me the Banhammer! I can fights the stupids with the power of the hammerz!
    All warfare is based on deception.
    nemo malus felix

“Earth has its boundaries, but human stupidity is limitless” Gustave Flaubert

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Last Legionary For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (03-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 629 Posts

Back on theme...good luck Chris
    Tradition is not about the preservation of the ashes, but about keeping the flame alive

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it".
    ~George Orwell
    Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way." Booker T. Washington

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KirkS For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (03-28-2013),jdinca (07-09-2013),The Last Legionary (03-28-2013)

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Considering that the Christian ministers that baptized my niece and eulogized my grandfather were both female, I don't think the women will be treated as inferiors.

Now, lets drop the anti-Christian tone. You'll note the absence of the word "please" as this is not a request.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (03-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 552 Posts

Just pointing out that I only asked what his goals are and why a "[enter belief system here] kenpo organisation" is needed.

Given the topic of the thread, I am not sure if you invoked Godwin's law to make a clever pun, or if it was coincidence. While I'd guess it was just meant as a
    thought-terminating cliché, I kinda hope it was a pun.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング
    "Using big words and obscure terms to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about is typical, until you have to actually explain." - "Doc" Chapél
    "A belt only covers two inches of your ass and the rest you need to back up on your own." - Royce Gracie
    ‎"In Tai Chi, practitioners are classified as being either turtles or fish. A turtle swims by just using it limbs. A fish swims by using its whole body. Be a fish." - Lee Wedlake, "Kenpo 301"

Thanks

not to dig up an old thread. but i think the point is to gather ppl together with common interests (no foolin?). how often would any of us like to have your co workers also be into martial arts? kind of round up the relationships with people.. how often would someone like their bar friends join a pool or bowling league? how many churches have softball leagues and the like? i know church folks who will get together after church and watch football and whatnot

It is about unity and finding more things in common. OBVIOUSLY someone who has such disdain for Christianity (either culturally or scrupturally) wouldn't be interested in attending. I for one don't drink, don't hang out with co workers, and sports dont interest me. hmm. i don't see any big issue or reason to be confused. people like to fellowship with like minded folks. I'm kinda bummed i don't have much in common outside of martial arts with some of the people i've trained with, and bummed i don't have alot in common with most christian friends outside of some common beliefs.. sure its not "needed", but its something people want to do. no need to be closed minded about the idea. Since american kenpo by design has no spiritual side then so if someone wants to insert there own?

someone's always going to be excluded from something. whether internally or externally. the main thing is we aren't jerks to each other, and treat one another with respect.
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madeku For This Useful Post:

John Brewer (07-01-2013),KenpoGhost (07-02-2013),KirkS (07-01-2013)

Thanks

I guess if you always hit both cheeks, a christian kenpo fellowship makes sense.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング
    "Using big words and obscure terms to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about is typical, until you have to actually explain." - "Doc" Chapél
    "A belt only covers two inches of your ass and the rest you need to back up on your own." - Royce Gracie
    ‎"In Tai Chi, practitioners are classified as being either turtles or fish. A turtle swims by just using it limbs. A fish swims by using its whole body. Be a fish." - Lee Wedlake, "Kenpo 301"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,189 Posts

Default Christian Kenpo Fellowship - New Organization/Ministry!

I guess if you always hit both cheeks, a christian kenpo fellowship makes sense.
    How many warnings do you need, Lenny? This is number four on this thread.
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jdinca For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (07-02-2013)

Thanks

Hm? Just think about Fatal Deviation. Or the inside, inside, outside timing pattern (alternating sides).
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング

Thanks
    Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Legionary View Post
    The German people were ok with that Austrian guy right up to the point where he did that bunker dance in '45. Genocide was also ok to the German People back in the last century, which makes me question your motives here. You also have weird laws about what you can name your kids, not that that's really a bad thing, keeps stupids from calling their kids monique and unique but spelled with k's not q's. Don't even get me started on your pants. But I digress. You say "Christian Church", that's nice, which one? Because like Kenpo, there are so many different branches you'd hurt your braincell trying to count them all. You know this, which makes me think you're just trolling trying to stir up shite, which is not cool according to the sites TOS. You've seen them right?

so why does a moderator get to be a jerk while warning someone else about doing the same thing?

Thanks

In all fairness cut him his slack.
    He was a jerk, because I started being a jerk. Kinda like an echo of what I was doing.

Being a mod isn't easy, esp. in threads like these where "free speech" and "religious feelings" are clashing together.

BTW: Main reason I am a jerk in this regard is that I really think exclusion should be a thing of the past, and inclusion is the way to go. Esp. sport has the power to bridge between cultures. Just think of the olympic games. Imagine the uproar if you'd split the olympic gamess by belief.
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lenny For This Useful Post:

Bob Hubbard (07-02-2013),jdinca (07-02-2013),John Brewer (07-02-2013),punkmonkey (07-02-2013)

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

Kenpo for redheads? *ears perk up*

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carol For This Useful Post:

jdinca (07-06-2013),Kenposoldier01 (07-07-2013),Lenny (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,842 Times in 1,069 Posts

There are many Christians who like to coat everything they do in a thick layer of "expressing their faith". I'm a Christian but not like that... So I think these Karate for Christ style orgs are just ways for those kindof folks to find other people who feel the same way and hang out together, because they don't give each other funny looks for injecting Jesus into every topic. One could just as easily start a Kenpo Pagans club and do whatever weird stuff they like to do, or a Kenpo Atheists club where they get together, do Kenpo, and talk about how stupid all the other clubs are for not seeing it their way... it's a social layer on top of the training IMHO.
    -David C
    http://www.kungfubooksonline.com

"...while you guys are arguing, I'm on the grind."
    - an anonymous brick puncher

"If you don't ask the right questions, I can't give you the answers, and if you don't know the right question to ask, you're not ready for the answers"
    -Ed Parker Sr.

"For many a 'system' is just a bunch of techniques. It should be much, much more than that..."
    - Doc Chapel

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DavidCC For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (07-08-2013),KirkS (07-08-2013),LuckyKBoxer (07-08-2013),MarkC (07-08-2013)

Thanks

Yeah. Keeping in your own, like minded circles. Inbreed the same ideas over and over instead of communicating with others. Which might lead to new ideas, different point of views - and, may Odin prevent it, change.

People should communicate more. Getting to know each other is not a bad thing. Esp. if you have something in common. Like the interest for Kenpo. Why should the interest in Kenpo not be enough to practice Kenpo together? Do they also need to be of a certain race, age, religion or political view?
    殺意の忍者猿コーディング

Thanks
    Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,274 Posts

Yeah. Keeping in your own, like minded circles. Inbreed the same ideas over and over instead of communicating with others. Which might lead to new ideas, different point of views - and, may Odin prevent it, change.

People should communicate more. Getting to know each other is not a bad thing. Esp. if you have something in common. Like the interest for Kenpo. Why should the interest in Kenpo not be enough to practice Kenpo together? Do they also need to be of a certain race, age, religion or political view?
    who the hell are you to tell them they should not do it. Maybe you need to mind your own damn business a little more and let someone else do what they want, regardless of the negative or positive outcomes. I get so damn sick of pushy ass in other peoples business idiots trying to force their own values on others..... that goes both for the religious ones, and the non religious ones. Let them do what they want, you do what you want, and stop being such an arrogant jerk about it.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckyKBoxer For This Useful Post:

John Brewer (07-09-2013),KenpoGhost (07-08-2013),MarkC (07-08-2013)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Orange Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Kenpo for redheads? *ears perk up*
    If you find a way to make it happen, do share. I've been trying to figure out how to get my wife (a ginger also) to drink the kenpo koolaid.
    "Exercise is bunk. If you're healthy, you don't need it. If you're sick, you shouldn't do it." - Sam Clemens

"Ok...so do that again. But this time don't suck". - An admired kenpo teacher

Thanks

Getting to know each other is not a bad thing. Esp. if you have something in common. Like the interest for Kenpo. Why should the interest in Kenpo not be enough to practice Kenpo together?
    Very good! That's exactly the point that was trying to be made. the interest in kenpo IS enough to practice in kenpo (obviously). AND some folks want more than just martial arts fellowship. and its okay if they don't want that either (like you, HOORAY free will right?). You make it sound like associating with people who have similar interests and common drives in life is a bad thing, like they're gonna segregate off from the rest of the world, or don't listen to ideas from others and grow as human beings.. Science is great, wondrous achievements for the common good of humanity. But there have been plenty bad stuff. lets just stop those nuclear physicists and chemical engineers from hanging out while we're at it.

Yeah. Being obstinate to folks who don't agree with you, who want to do their own thing that doesn't even interest you aside from making fun or smartassing really makes you sound like the view you have of them.. people love to "communicate more" with folks like that. as im sure you are aware.. i see all these bumper stickers here in the states.. often owned im sure by atheists, or postmodernists religious folk.... says "Coexist".

here's a more accurate "We all have to deal with each other on this planet, so sack/ovary up and don't deliberately be a jackass"
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madeku For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (07-09-2013),MarkC (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,309 Posts

My only point in the end before I start is, I can't believe you have a problem with this. Why does kenpo have to be kenpo for the sake of kenpo? Why should a Christian hang out with people he would not otherwise hang out with? Have you stopped to consider that people are more likely to expose their children to Kenpo more readily than than the God awful one I started in, in the worst part of town surrounded by hookers and drug dealers. I think you have a problem with his demographic and their like. Nothing wrong with Christian anything from my perspective. I'd rather know up front what I am dealing with; because the guy i started with was a religious cult leader whom taught just plain Kenpo. I only learned of all this later. LOL
    Also Mastering Tsing Tao.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KenpoChanger For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (07-09-2013),KirkS (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,924 Times in 2,211 Posts

I'm curious if Chris is still developing this, or if he's now mainly involving himself in "regular" kenpo with Mr. Cole.
    "To be, rather than to seem"

"Fix your rear foot ... What the hell is wrong with you?"

"...I already watched the videos, and quite frankly, they're bullsh*t."

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarkC For This Useful Post:

Christopher Stewart (05-19-2014),jdinca (07-09-2013),KirkS (07-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,189 Posts

I'm about to lock a thread because some people can't leave well enough alone on what started out as an upbeat, positive thread. Enough already.
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdinca For This Useful Post:

KenpoGhost (07-09-2013),KirkS (07-09-2013)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links