Thread: I.K.K.I. CEO & Board Members

Steve W Spry Guest

Default I.K.K.I. CEO & Board Members

IKKI CEO & BOARD MEMBERS ALL

The NEW IKKI that was founded by Elder Grandmaster Steve Spry is now being headed up by it's new CEO Master Edward Chavez Sr. With the support of the IKKI board members, *Steve Spry
    Joe *Schreyer, Stephen Kurtzman, *Sam MacPherson, Milissa Dalton, *Lee Don Myers, Dom McGee, Stacy Domingo & Billy Wyatt

The new IKKI is set up and designed to offer any and all it's support and guidance to any and all martial arts students from beginners to all levels of Black Belts, instructors, teachers, & studio owners.*

The IKKI is here to help any and all styles of martial arts. Under the guidance of EGM Highest Ranking Black Belt Master Eddie Chavez Sr. CEO With the support of his board members you have a person and a place you can turn to for all your martial arts needs.*

The intent of the IKKI is not just to help you become a better martial artist. It's goal is to help you become a better *you for life.*

Master Eddie Chavez is a two time Masters Black Belt Hall of Fame Inductee. He also has the prestige to be the only martial arts to ever win Supreme Grandmaster Ed Parker's International Karate Championships

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve W Spry For This Useful Post:

HKphooey (07-13-2011),KirkS (07-13-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,274 Posts

Default Re: I.K.K.I. CEO & Board Members

I am not familiar with the IKKI. what do the initials stand for?
    Do you have more information on its standards, curriculum, ranking etc.
    I assume you are an American Kenpo based art, but I am not familiar with terms like Elder Grandmaster.
    Any chance of getting a more detailed Explanation of the IKKI, or a Website with that information?
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 664 Posts

Congrats and good luck with IKKI.
    "You can't account for everything, but you should account for the reasonably probable. Unfortunately for the unknowledgeable, those never ending 'what if's' will choke your thought process to death with useless information." - Doc

"To hold and fill to overflowing is not as good as to stop in time. Sharpen a knife-edge to its very sharpest, and the edge will not last long." Loa Tzu

www.cromwellmartialarts.com
    www.BrianAselton.org
    www.hundredclubofct.org

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HKphooey For This Useful Post:

Steve W Spry Guest

If you need any details on or about it please feel free in E mailing
    Stephenwspry@gmail.com

I will personly see that all your questions are addressed.

Salutations

Steve Spry
    EGM

"Knowledge From Man... Wisdom From GOD"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W Spry View Post
    Master Eddie Chavez is a two time Masters Black Belt Hall of Fame Inductee. He also has the prestige to be the only martial arts to ever win Supreme Grandmaster Ed Parker's International Karate Championships
    How is this possible?

Also, how can the IKKI help "all styles" of martial arts? I am in Kara-Ho how can you help me?
    The above is just my opinion.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianhsuhe For This Useful Post:

flying crane (07-28-2011)

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W Spry View Post
    IKKI CEO & BOARD MEMBERS ALL

The NEW IKKI that was founded by Elder Grandmaster Steve Spry is now being headed up by it's new CEO Master Edward Chavez Sr. With the support of the IKKI board members, *Steve Spry
    Joe *Schreyer, Stephen Kurtzman, *Sam MacPherson, Milissa Dalton, *Lee Don Myers, Dom McGee, Stacy Domingo & Billy Wyatt

The new IKKI is set up and designed to offer any and all it's support and guidance to any and all martial arts students from beginners to all levels of Black Belts, instructors, teachers, & studio owners.*
    Hello Mr. Spry, this is Dom. If you remember our conversation last month, I expressed the sentiment that I no longer wish to have any specific teacher, or belong to any specific group. Of course, I am interested in continued learning, and I do this by training with friends who both have something to teach and wish to learn what I have to offer. I train for fun, for the hell of it, because I enjoy it. I don't wish to be a fulltime teacher, a Stephen Seagal wannabe or Batman.

I am really appreciative of the time we spent together. The sparring classes were legendary. I was proud that I could contribute to the work both you and Major McPherson did. I am sincerely grateful for the care Karen took of me when I sustained two blood clots in my leg due to sparring. The one time when I sustained a fever, couldn't walk and my leg turned purple, you gave me bed rest at your house and Karen tended to me. You even paid for my medical expenses. I will never forget that.

I do wish to contribute to some of the other threads that I've read in this forum. The following is just my opinion and if you remember, our opinions sometimes differed dramatically without us losing respect for each other, so here goes:

• In my opinion, it is better to walk away from a fight, unless your life or the lives of the people around you are in danger. Aggressives words are, inessence, just noise. When the noise becomes physical is the time to act.
    • In my opinion, there are quality part and full-time instructors. Mr. White seems to have reached the balance of making a living and developing quality students, but it takes an exceptional individual to reach that balance. I believe that I am a better Martial Artist than I ever have been, because I worry about the development of myself and my mates only. How many times did you tell me not to work the classes too hard for fear of losing people? I don't have to worry about that at all. now, we can train until we puke and if anyone wants to walk, well, I'm not losing any money. As you may recall, the only time I really worried was when it came to selling contracts. In fact, you may recall that I never sold one contract. I'm not a saleman I just could not do it. I remember you olmost pulling out your hair because, I would recommend that people pay the special, no obligation $20 to train for a month to see if they liked what we did. I admire anyone who has the motivation to work an 8-12 hour day and then decide to go and train hard, not because they have to, but because they want to. That, to me, is a quality Martial Artist.
    • In my opinion, there should be no one heir to Ed Parker. Every one of the seniors has a different take on what Mr. Parker taught and they all contributed to the Parker empire, so why should one be subservient to the other. Variety is the spice of life and I can't think of anything worse than a dictatorial association, just take a look at Hwarangdo, do anyone want that?
    • In my opinion, I don't care what rank you have, what belt you where or even who your teacher was. I care about you, your attitude, what motivates you and what you have to teach. I'm not saying that rank is unimportant or that it means nothing. I'm just saying that when it comes to rank, I'm apathetic. My Muay Thai coach is physically and technically gifted and is a natural teacher, but he has no rank, just a pair of shorts and a passion for training. I actually lost the envelope containing my original rank certificates, I thought it was gone forever. In frustration one day, I tore up the larger copies you asked us to make. Funnily enough, I found the envelope last week and reminisced as I looked through them. I've now chosen to keep them, even the shark design Mano ryu Kenpo Jujutsu certs, (the certs I never liked). I believe now that I earned them, and what's more they weren't bought. The only rank I ever had to give money for was my 1st degree from Dublin. It costed 58 Irish pounds, because I wanted the ring. In realtiy I paid for the ring.
    Mr. Spry, In my opinion, you should be teaching the Mano ryu Kenpo Jujutsu syllabus that both you and I developed. As I said before, what you are teaching is not EPAK, but a synthesis including Aiki-Jujutsu.

To conclude, I do not wish to be a part of the Board of Directors of the IKKI, or any other organization for that matter. I wish to be autonomous, but then again, I may, in the future change my mind.

Best wishes everyone!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yorkshirelad For This Useful Post:

Dianhsuhe (07-29-2011),DRANKIN (07-28-2011),nelson (07-29-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,583 Times in 2,189 Posts

Yorkshirelad, welcome to KenpoTalk. I hope you choose to stick around and add your perspective to the forum.
    Be careful what you say, some may take it the wrong way.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdinca For This Useful Post:

Dianhsuhe (07-29-2011),Yorkshirelad (07-29-2011)

Thanks

Did someone say Aiki-jujutsu? What lineage? I am fascinated with AJJ more specifically Daito-Ryu.

Mr. Spry never answered my inquiries about how he can help me by the way...
    The above is just my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,924 Times in 2,211 Posts

Small world. One of the former grandmasters of my original kempo system was a Daito-Ryu instructor as well.
    (And yes, I said grandmaster)
    "To be, rather than to seem"

"Fix your rear foot ... What the hell is wrong with you?"

"...I already watched the videos, and quite frankly, they're bullsh*t."

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dianhsuhe View Post
    Did someone say Aiki-jujutsu? What lineage? I am fascinated with AJJ more specifically Daito-Ryu.

Mr. Spry never answered my inquiries about how he can help me by the way...
    I really don't know how Mr. Spry can help you. I know that he is on good terms with Grandmaster Kuoha, as I saw then socializing on at least two occasions.

When it comes to Aiki, Mr. Spry demonstrated a sound knowledge of Aiki, without the knowledge of Japanese terminology. I recommended using Aiki principles, controls and throws within the syllabus. I believe kenpo stances and footwork are superior to the kamae used in Aikido and DRAJJ and the two compliment each other.

I don't know where Spry learned basic Aiki, but my lineage was the Adde lineage in the UK. Abbe was a student of Ueshiba and also studied in the Kodokan. When he brought his knowledge to the UK, he called what he did JuJutsu, but his senior students used the term Atemi JuJutsu, due to to the emphasis on atemi-waza. My father was a student of Frank Rider Sensei, who was taught by Abbe Sensei. My father taught me Ukemi-waza and kihon-waza from 1979 onwards, during my weekend visitations, until the late eighties when I began studying with another Abbe Sensei student Peter Garside. It was at this time that i gained a passion for Aikido and began complimenting Garside senseis JuJutsu with Aikido at the Nido ryu school in Leeds. Ever since this time. I began Kenpo in the late eighties, training under a fellow Aikido student after class. It was during these lessons that I began seeing correlation between Kenpo and Aiki-JuJutsu.

Mr. Spry and I were working on a syllabus that was a synthesis of Aiki, Arnis, Kenpo, Kickboxing and Lua. I suggested Mano ryu Kenpo JuJutsu for the system as Mr. Spry had recently adopted the Shark logo, (Mano being the hawaiian word for shark). Mr. Spry was on board and we were all excited about the prospect of teaching this system. I compiled notes and developed the syllabus, as per the directions given to me by Mr. Spry, but during that time I began training in Muay Thai and this overshadowed my Kenpo. A few months later Mr. Spry closed his studio and ever since, I've just been sharing what I have with a small group of others.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yorkshirelad For This Useful Post:

Dianhsuhe (07-29-2011),DRANKIN (07-29-2011),KirkS (07-29-2011),nelson (07-29-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,425 Posts

Hey Dom... was that Muay Thai with Yuki?
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Dave, I'm training with an old mate of mine from England at his gym in Los Alamitos. It's small and there's usually only four or five of us training, but I love it.

I see you're in Dana point. I didn't realize you were so close. We should go for a few beers and do some drunken monkey training all at the same time.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Yorkshirelad For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (07-30-2011)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links