Thread: Kenpo 5.0 May 2020 TOM Aggressive Twins

Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 632 Posts

Default Kenpo 5.0 May 2020 TOM Aggressive Twins

Kenpo 5.0 May 2020 TOM
    Aggressive Twins:
    (Two-handfront push right foot forward)

1. With your feet together, step back to 4:00 with your left foot into a rightneutral bow as you execute a right inward block to both arms of your opponentwith your left hand covering.

2. From your right neutral bow immediately deliver a right side kick to theinside of your opponent's right knee.

3. Plant your right foot forward and deliver a left front snap kick toopponent's sternum.

4. Immediately execute a spinning right rear kick to your opponent's groin,without planting your foot down; execute a right front crossover and cover out.

Tradition is not about the preservation of the ashes, but about keeping the flame alive

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it".
    ~George Orwell
    Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way." Booker T. Washington

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,934 Times in 5,591 Posts

Default Re: Kenpo 5.0 May 2020 TOM Aggressive Twins

That is essentially Yellow Belt Technique "Aggressive Twins" from the old curriculum. It wasn't any good then, either.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

KirkS (3 Weeks Ago)

Thanks

I never quite got this one. "I'm in push/grapple range so i'm going to kick you... TWICE!"
    Brian Sheets
    VKKSI Kenpo 1st Black

Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it." ~ Unknown
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft." Theodore Roosevelt

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,934 Times in 5,591 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madeku View Post
    I never quite got this one. "I'm in push/grapple range so i'm going to kick you... TWICE!"
    One of the original yellow techniques that were thrown together with no relationship to the rest of the curriculum, that was supposed to give women an overview exposure of self-defense options. To this day these techniques have no relationship to the basics that should be taught at that level. It was so glaringly obvious that several of them were changed and one re-named, but they still are isolated relative to the natural progression of the skills that should be developed and make no sense. Teaching a front kick to a white belt seems reasonable, but a knife-edge kick to the knee is a stretch, and the whole technique sucks in terms of practicality. So, a guy pushes you so you're going to kick him while you're falling backwards? I'm with you. Many techniques created with the idea of exploring different "categories" and ignoring reasonable expectations of the level of the students. This is particular true of an outline conceptual system that has no hard codified basics.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

KirkS (3 Weeks Ago)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links