Thread: July 2007 IKCA Technique of the Month- Trapped Lightening

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default July 2007 IKCA Technique of the Month- Trapped Lightening

Blue Belt Technique
    Outside Defense: Straight Right Punch/Right Step Through Punch

1) Step up into a left neutral bow executing a right outward parry simultaneously executing a left straight punch to opponents head
    * I've seen a lop-sao executed with the parry (parry becomes a grab and defender "pulls" the attacker into the punch-more in line with trapping concepts)

2) Shuffle in and shift into a forward lunge stance checking the opponen'ts right knee with your right knee as you contour down with your left hand executing sliding/pining check to the attackers right arm (trapping) simultaneously executing a horizontal palm heel strike to the oppoents chin

3) Cover out by executing a left sweep to the opponent's right leg simultaneously tracking back up the right arm and executing a left sword hand strike to the opponent's neck.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

Looks like B1aH on the opposite side.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Re: July 2007 IKCA Technique of the Month- Trapped Lightening

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth View Post
    Looks like B1aH on the opposite side.
    Ever since I took up the IKCA curriculum, I see Parker's influence all over the place.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Blue Belt Technique

1) Step up into a left neutral bow executing a right outward parry simultaneously executing a left straight punch to opponents head
    * I've seen a lop-sao executed with the parry (parry becomes a grab and defender "pulls" the attacker into the punch-more in line with trapping concepts)

2) Shuffle in and shift into a forward lunge stance checking the opponen'ts right knee with your right knee as you contour down with your left hand executing sliding/pining check to the attackers right arm (trapping) simultaneously executing a horizontal palm heel strike to the oppoents chin

3) Cover out by executing a left sweep to the opponent's right leg simultaneously tracking back up the right arm and executing a left sword hand strike to the opponent's neck.
    I would pull away, but cool tech.
    Sean

Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoChanger View Post
    I would pull away, but cool tech.
    Sean
    Only if you could!

Respects,
    Bill Parsons
    Triangle Kenpo Institute
    www.trianglekenpo.com

"I know Kenpo!" "Cool... do you know how to use it?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdparsons View Post
    Only if you could!

Respects,
    Bill Parsons
    Triangle Kenpo Institute
    You have a choice and I choose away. How could I be forced to pull him in? Are there environmental factors you haven't mentioned?
    Sean

Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 612 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoChanger View Post
    You have a choice and I choose away. How could I be forced to pull him in? Are there environmental factors you haven't mentioned?
    Sean
    Sean,

After reading your response I'm thinking I misinterpreted your post. Could you explain what you meant by your first post? I'm thinking I got something bass-ackwards? Wouldn't be the first time.

Respects,
    Bill Parsons
    Triangle Kenpo Institute
    www.trianglekenpo.com

"I know Kenpo!" "Cool... do you know how to use it?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bdparsons View Post
    Sean,

After reading your response I'm thinking I misinterpreted your post. Could you explain what you meant by your first post? I'm thinking I got something bass-ackwards? Wouldn't be the first time.

Respects,
    Bill Parsons
    Triangle Kenpo Institute
    Think of the first moves as a back knuckle, right cross but the backnuckle is now a frictional pull to say 1:30 or 2:00 and down.

Sean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Blue Belt Technique

I have a different take on #2, if #1 is done correctly the looping block drops the opponents' weight onto their front leg, eliminating the need for the shuffle in. Writing in a knee check only works if it's someone stepping into a kenpo neutral bow. Most street fighters don't move that way, they throw cross punches or if their weight does get off balance they wind up in a shallow horse or walking stance. So if you shuffle in far enough to check that knee, you'll be too close to effectively have enough travel for the left driving vertical punch.

Before the conversation opens up to the 1" and 2" punches - keep in mind this is designed to break the opponent's height zones and thereby cancel the secondary left punch, as well as create the head whipping forward for the #3 back knuckle.
    ~ Steve Zalazowski
    Continuing Student of the Arts.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links