Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July 2007 EPAK Technique Of The Month - Blinding Sacridfrice

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default July 2007 EPAK Technique Of The Month - Blinding Sacrifice

Blinding Sacrifice (Front- Two-Hand Shoulder Grab)
    1. An attacker at 12 o'clock directly grabs your shoulders with both hands.

2. Step your right foot to 12 o'clock into a right neutral bow while thrusting your forearms forward to wedge inside your attacker's arms. Continue with the movement to execute two upward rolling claws to your attacker's eyes (your right hand moving clockwise and left counterclockwise.)

3. Continue the circular motion, converting your claws into handswords to the inside of your attacker's arms (in order to clear the arms away.)

4. Push drag forward as both of your hands execute underhand claws to your attacker's groin and squeeze.

5. Push drag back as you execute two hooking backfists to the back of your attacker's kidneys. This push drag should put you into a right cat stance.

6. Push drag forward as the fingers of both your hands flick to your attacker's eyes and unfold into twin thumb strike to your attacker's eyes.

7. Have both your hand slap down on your attacker's shoulders, frictionally pulling your attacker down to control their height zones.

8. Without hesitation, circle your arms up, over, and in to execute two inverted backfists to your attacker's temples.

9. Collapse your raised elbows in to each other so as to sandwich your attacker's jaw hinge.

10. Grab the back of your attacker's head with your hands and push his head down into a right knee strike to the face.

11. Execute a right stomp to your attacker's instep.

12. Cross out to 7:30.
    Last edited by Rob Broad; 07-06-2007 at 06:17 PM.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,309 Posts

Default Re: July 2007 EPAK Technique Of The Month - Blinding Sacridfrice

You lost me on number two. Wouldn't your right hand go counter and your left hand clockwise?
    Sean

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Sean,

It is almost a "heart shaped" path that the hands travel on. And yes the hands and directions where decribed right if they went the way you said your hands would be crossed and that is addressed in another technique (hint: it is in short 3). This technique also teaches a couple of things about bilateral motion.
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Sean,

It is almost a "heart shaped" path that the hands travel on. And yes the hands and directions where decribed right if they went the way you said your hands would be crossed and that is addressed in another technique (hint: it is in short 3). This technique also teaches a couple of things about bilateral motion.
    Say what? If you thrust in, your palms are up, and it would be impossible to go in the direction you describe unless of course you thrust palms down. You must be because that is the only way I can find a heart shaped pattern. Do you always thrust palm down?
    Sean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoChanger View Post
    Say what? If you thrust in, your palms are up, and it would be impossible to go in the direction you describe unless of course you thrust palms down. You must be because that is the only way I can find a heart shaped pattern. Do you always thrust palm down?
    Sean

Palms are facing down and towards a slight outward angle when doing the wedge.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Sean
    Good use of circular logic but you asked if Rob's clock directions for the hand movements in the technique description and I stated they were. And yes, you can thrust your hands towards someones face palm down. Out of curiousity, do you even know this technique? Have you ever gone over it with an instructor?
    www.hunterskarate.com

Thanks

Good use of circular logic but you asked if Rob's clock directions for the hand movements in the technique description and I stated they were. And yes, you can thrust your hands towards someones face palm down. Out of curiousity, do you even know this technique? Have you ever gone over it with an instructor?
    I must not, I have been taught palms up. I did get taught to wedge palm up... Same thing for parting wings and "thrusting" wedge. Crazy huh? I guess you can judge the quality of instruction. Did you go over this with your instructor?
    Sean

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

I must not, I have been taught palms up. I did get taught to wedge palm up... Same thing for parting wings and "thrusting" wedge. Crazy huh? I guess you can judge the quality of instruction. Did you go over this with your instructor?
    Sean
    hmmmm I'm trying to picture how you are doing this palms down with the right hand moving counter clockwise, which point of view are you using?

From the initial move if you are facing a clock the right hand travels clockwise the way I was taught headed towards the groin strike.

So I am guessing we are maybe on the same track using different points of view.
    www.hunterskarate.com

Thanks

hmmmm I'm trying to picture how you are doing this palms down with the right hand moving counter clockwise, which point of view are you using?

From the initial move if you are facing a clock the right hand travels clockwise the way I was taught headed towards the groin strike.

So I am guessing we are maybe on the same track using different points of view.
    Sorry, that explains our confusion. Thrust in palm up, counter clock wise right hand through the eyes (clockwise left) to the check on the arms, then we go for the groin.
    Sean

Thanks

I have to question the stability of doing a wedge style block with the palms up. It is very hard to point the elbows outward with the palms facing up, and be able to drive a wedge forward to stop his attack

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    I have to question the stability of doing a wedge style block with the palms up. It is very hard to point the elbows outward with the palms facing up, and be able to drive a wedge forward to stop his attack
    You start palm up and turn it over as if you were doing upward blocks, which also start palm up.
    Sean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Palms are facing down and towards a slight outward angle when doing the wedge.
    Not at first but it should culminate as you describe.
    Sean

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

You lost me on number two. Wouldn't your right hand go counter and your left hand clockwise?
    Sean
    I think you are reading the action(s) differently than what is up there. Read the parenthesis at the end of movement 2 and continue into move 3. Look at the action of the hands to see if this gets clearer to you.

However, I agree with you on the initial movements. The write up I have and have been taught is slightly different than what's in the first post. My guess is that you & I are doing the technique similiar.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jfarnsworth For This Useful Post:

KenpoChanger (07-05-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfarnsworth View Post
    I think you are reading the action(s) differently than what is up there. Read the parenthesis at the end of movement 2 and continue into move 3. Look at the action of the hands to see if this gets clearer to you.

However, I agree with you on the initial movements. The write up I have and have been taught is slightly different than what's in the first post. My guess is that you & I are doing the technique similiar.
    Well if I do and upward block, horizontle punch, or a wedge, my right hand always seems to go counter clockwise. I don't think I read it wrong but I am always open to the possibility.
    Sean

KenpoTalk
    1st. Brown Belt
    Thanks

gotta love the completely over-proportionate response.

"He grabbed me by the shoulders. So I blinded him. Your Honor."

I contend that after blinding the attacker (who will be likely bigger and stronger than you), it will not be possible to continue with the technique because his hands will be so firmly clasped to his face that you won't be able to pull his arms free. That, and he'll have drawn right back away from you rather than standing there like a lemon...This is not the finest kenpo technique by any stretch of the imagine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    gotta love the completely over-proprotionate response.

Could work against an attempted choke, or there may be a drop off behind you...
    Sean

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    gotta love the completely over-proportionate response.

I contend that after blinding the attacker (who will be likely bigger and stronger than you), it will not be possible to continue with the technique because his hands will be so firmly clasped to his face that you won't be able to pull his arms free. That, and he'll have drawn right back away from you rather than standing there like a lemon...This is not the finest kenpo technique by any stretch of the imagine.
    I disagree. You go right for the arms after the claws and he does not have time to cover his eyes. Your variation would require a waiting period.
    Sean

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I learned it slightly differently as well (imagine that lol)

I was taught that the initial move utilized the arms to break the attacker's hands away AS you clawed the eyes. Your hands would continue the motions circling out and away to the outside to come back in with linear palm heel strikes to the floating ribs as you push dragged in.

Then came the raking knuckle strikes back through the ribs as you used return motion going back into the cat stance.

Followed by double back knuckle strikes to the face, followed by a right elbow sandwich settling back into a bow, followed by a knee to the face creating a backstop with the right hand, followed by foot stomp simultaneously with another right elbow to the base of the skull.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    I learned it slightly differently as well (imagine that lol)

I was taught that the initial move utilized the arms to break the attacker's hands away AS you clawed the eyes. Your hands would continue the motions circling out and away to the outside to come back in with linear palm heel strikes to the floating ribs as you push dragged in.

Then came the raking knuckle strikes back through the ribs as you used return motion going back into the cat stance.

Followed by double back knuckle strikes to the face, followed by a right elbow sandwich settling back into a bow, followed by a knee to the face creating a backstop with the right hand, followed by foot stomp simultaneously with another right elbow to the base of the skull.
    What does your foot stomp?
    Sean

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

What does your foot stomp?
    Sean
    Their foot.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Celtic_Crippler For This Useful Post:

KenpoChanger (07-05-2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links