Thread: May 2006 - Technique of the Month - Marriage Of The Rams

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default May 2006 - Technique of the Month - Marriage Of The Rams

Marriage of the Rams (Two Man; Flank Left & Right Shoulder Grabs)
    1. Two attackers at the flank grab your shoulders. (Attacker #1 is at 3 o'clock with their left hand on your right shoulder. Attacker #2 is at 9 o'clock with their right hand on your left shoulder.)

2. Step your right foot to 6 o'clock into a left neutral bow facing 12 o'clock as you execute two underhand backfists to your attacker's groins; (right hand to attacker #1, left to attacker #2).

3. Step your right foot to 12 o'clock into a right neutral bow facing 12 o'clock as you continue along your path of travel with your hands and execute twin strikes to your attacker's armpits. Upon contact, hook your arms over and on top of your attackers' arms as you process to pinch their arms with both of yours. As you settle into a right neutral bow, bring your arms together to force their heads to collide.

4. Execute a left knee strike to the center of your attackers' heads, hitting their faces and forcing them apart.

5. Land your left foot back to 6 o'clock into a right neutral bow facing 12 o'clock as you have your hands contour down your attackers' bodies to their inner thighs and to your attackers' ankles. (You can use crane hands to assist in hooking your attackers' legs.)

6. Step your right foot back to 6 o'clock into a left neutral bow facing 12 o'clock as you jerk your attackers' ankles (right hand on the ankle of attacker #1's left leg; left hand on the ankle of attacker #2's right leg.)

7. Execute a right front kick to attacker #2's groin.

8. Plant your right foot into a twist stance and to prepare it for the next move. Using rotational force and marriage of gravity, execute a left round kick to attacker #1's chest.

9. Release your attackers' ankles and cross out to 6 o'clock.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: May 2006 - Technique of the Month - Marriage Of The Rams

Interesting. At my school we call that technique "Bending Wings" and it has some slight differences.
    The first difference is in step 7, intead of the front kick to the groin of attacker #2 we practice a right 'twisting front kick' to the back of the knee. When they drop we let go of the ankle and use that hand to keep them in check. Also in step 8, after the twisting front kick we plant the foot and land in a right cat stance, then wind the leg up and execute a right side kick to the inside of attacker #1's knee. And the rest goes as mentioned above. anyone else practice a variation of this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Very similar to the way I learned it.

In step 2 we drop more into a wide kneel so as not to upset our center of gravity "reaching" for the strike to the oppoents groins.

In step 3 instead of strikes to the armpits, I learned it as web hands to the oppoent's throats.

In steps 7 & 8 we go for the knees of both opponents supporting legs with our kicks.

Otherwise....essentially the same with most of the same principles being applied. I look forward to seeing how the others might execute this technique.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Thats how I learned it, all except for the arm pit strike. Its one of my favorite techniques.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    Marriage of the Rams (Two Man; Flank Left & Right Shoulder Grabs)
    2. Step your right foot to 6 o'clock into a left neutral bow facing 12 o'clock as you execute two underhand backfists to your attacker's groins; (right hand to attacker #1, left to attacker #2).
    What are the attacker's doing (or not doing) that allow us to step back?
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    (Phillipians 4:13)

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seabrook
    What are the attacker's doing (or not doing) that allow us to step back?
    I learned it as they were both pulling you back "path of least resistance" sort of thing.

I have a question...what would dictate using MOTR or Snakes of Wisdom? I have not trained either technique for a LONGGG time.
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    I learned it as they were both pulling you back "path of least resistance" sort of thing.

I have a question...what would dictate using MOTR or Snakes of Wisdom? I have not trained either technique for a LONGGG time.
    With MOTR their arms are stiff which means they are farther away. With SOW their arms are bent so they are right there for the claw.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    Good one!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    (Phillipians 4:13)

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    With MOTR their arms are stiff which means they are farther away. With SOW their arms are bent so they are right there for the claw.
    Very cool! Thanks for the answer!
    www.hunterskarate.com

"I believe that to have a friend, a man must be one."

- From the Lone Ranger's Creed

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

This technique is called 'Unfolding Wings' in our school and is somewhat different. The first movement is the double backfist, the second however isn't viewed as a 'pinch', but more of an attempt to break both the attacker's arms and a grab to the head (ear, back of the head, whatever you can grasp). We end the technique after the knee by pushing back on both heads to seperate the opponents and cover out.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,427 Posts

My question...what state or country are these Rams in, that thay are allowed to get married anyway?

Regards,

Dave
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure that Hawaii allows rams to marry, no? If not, maybe they're outlaw rams?

...Rams on the lam, as it were.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

One should not discriminate against them just because they are rams. I mean, they were born that way and can't help it! Equal rights for rams!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks
    Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dekon
    I'm pretty sure that Hawaii allows rams to marry, no? If not, maybe they're outlaw rams?

...Rams on the lam, as it were.
    oh, gawd, that's punthetic
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links