Thread: EPAKS Yellow Belt Manual (22 of 48 pages)

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Default EPAKS Yellow Belt Manual (22 of 48 pages)

EPAKS Yellow Belt Manual (22 of 48 pages)

Disclaimer:

I appreciate everyone's response to the information being released
    (specifically the belt manual). Although the information contained is
    invaluable to the study of American Kenpo, please understand that this, like
    most all writings, are subject to typographical errors.

This material was in the final editing stages at the time of my fathers passing.
    It is possible to find typos in reference to such things as directions of
    movement, weapons used or selected targets. This material should be used as
    a resource, not your primary means of study in the Art. Seek out
    knowledgeable instruction to ensure proper understanding of the material.
    This material is for personal reference and historical purposes only, and not
    intended for resale.

Enjoy,

Ed Parker Jr.

P.S. Although I am offering this material at no cost. I am encouraging for those
    who are not a member here in this forum to please sign up, as it helps me to feel some
    effort is being made on your behalf as well. It is greatly appreciated when you either
    show your support to me and my efforts by ordering a custom avatar or purchase a
    piece of artwork from me as that is my MAIN source of income.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    6. GRASP OF DEATH (left flank - right arm headlock)

1. With your head forced to bend forward, and your opponent to your left flank (applying a headlock with his right arm), initiate your action by simultaneously, (1) tucking your chin to the left and against your chest, (2) grabbing your opponent's right wrist with your right hand, (3) stepping forward toward 12 o'clock into a right close kneel stance and (4) grabbing your opponent's right inner thigh with your left hand, and pinching the flesh of that leg with as much strength as possible. Your opponent will experience a horse-bite effect if it is done correctly. Be sure to continue checking the outside of your opponent's right leg with your left knee during the course of your action. (Your opponent's right knee may bend and double up, or his leg may pop forward and up off the ground. In addition, your efforts should cause your opponent to loosen his grip.)
    2. As your opponent reacts to your pinch, and partially or totally releases his grip, have your right hand bring his right arm over your head and down to your chest, making sure that your right elbow is anchored to aid you in controlling your opponent's height and width.
    3. Immediately release the grip of your left hand, and simultaneously (1) have your left foot step forward (in front of your opponent's right leg) toward 10:30 into a left neutral bow stance, (2) strike the back of your opponent's right elbow with your left forearm while (3) pulling in and toward you with your right hand. (This action should cause your opponent to step forward with his left foot prior to bending over at the waist.)
    4. ROLL your left forearm on the back of your opponent's right elbow until your left forearm is parallel to the ground. Now slide your left hand to your opponent's right elbow. While controlling your opponent's right elbow with your left hand, pivot into a left forward bow facing 10:30. Immediately execute a right snapping vertical punch to the base of your opponent's skull behind his right mastoid bone. (This action should cause your opponent's head to move away, and possibly result in his body falling to the ground.)

7. CHECKING THE STORM (Front - right step-through overhead club)

1. Standing naturally, as your opponent swings his club in an overhead fashion, quickly step off to your right with your right foot toward 3 o'clock. Simultaneously drag your left foot toward your right foot as you form a left 45 degree cat stance facing 10:30. Without a break in the flow of your action, execute a right inward parry followed by a left extended outward handsword block (striking block) to the inner wrist of your opponent's right arm. During the natural flow of your motion have your right hand proceed to act as a check in front of your solar-plexus.
    2. Immediately execute a left front snap ball kick to your opponent's groin. (This should cause your opponent to bend forward at the waist.)
    3. Be sure to properly gauge the distance between you and your opponent as you plant your left foot toward 10:00, and deliver a right step-through snapping knife-edge kick to the inside of your opponent's right knee. (Your action should cause your opponent's right knee to bend out and away from you, but cause his head to move closer to you.)
    4. Plant your right foot toward 10:00 into a right neutral bow, and, while employing MARRIAGE OF GRAVITY, execute a right outward back knuckle strike to your opponent's left temple. Have your left hand remain checking at your solar plexus. (This action should drive your opponent's head away from you and possibly cause his body to drop to the ground.)

Ed Parker Sr. Memories
    Archived with the permission of Ed Parker Jr.
    Ed Parker Sr. was the founder of the art known today as American Kenpo.
    In these files, Ed Parker Jr. shares his fathers unpublished notes and other memories with us.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Hubbard For This Useful Post:

Lifespath (07-22-2007)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links