Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karambit Kenpo

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Default Karambit Kenpo

I am looking to buy the two dvds that Angello Collado made and I can not get his wedsite to get them ordered, and I can get through to him to order them. I would really like to get them does anyone have them and want to sell or does anyone know where I can get some. thanks.

KenpoTalk
    Orange Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: Karambit Kenpo

I just tried all of Mr. Collado's sites. I couldn't get to one, but the store at www.kenpokarambit.com seems to be working this morning. He has both dvds for sale there. If that doesn't work, his school site www.paakenpo.com is also up and running, and he has phone, fax, and email contact info listed there.

I bought the first DVD when it came out, and eventually want to get the second. I am not knowledgable when it comes to karambit (or other knife), but I enjoyed the dvd, and feel it was valuable for me. My first three years of Kenpo training was in a school that Mr. Collado co-owned, so I am a bit biased - he earned my respect and trust through all of our interactions over those years.

Good luck getting your hands on the DVDs, and I hope you find the information valuable as well.

Troy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to T-Bo For This Useful Post:

Beehive Kenpo (02-28-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

Sorry I did not write it with all the info on there I have ordered a couple of times and called way more than I should and I think I might have burned some bridges with Mr. Collado and that was not my intent. I just really wanted to learn the karambit and sense I am already in Kenpo then it just seems logical. I hope I have not burn that bridge. I have heard a lot of good stuff about Mr. Collado and his talent with forms and the YouTube stuff look great. Thank you to replying to my thread I am new to this and need all the help I can get. You wouldn't interested in selling your dvd would you?

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

I sent my order to join Mr. Collado's organization WELL OVER a year ago and paid the fee. After all this time and MULTIPLE phone and e mail messages, I have heard nothing. I would never do anything to upset or accuse a senior kenpoist of bad business practices, but am VERY disappointed that I lost the money and have nothing to show for it. I was really interested in training with the karambit under a kenpoist such as Mr. Collado.
    "Big Bada Boom!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jskkcameron For This Useful Post:

Beehive Kenpo (02-28-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

If you have made multiple phone calls and emails and still nothing... Then whoever is running his business is a chump. You should contact him directly to let him know the problem. If he is as respected as people say then he will fix it. If not... better business bureau... they love stuff like this. And of course a website like this for viral attacks against target till said target relents.

A month or two to fix a problem is one thing but to let it drag for a year... garbage.

Keep us up to date.

Regards,
    Walt

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kroh For This Useful Post:

Beehive Kenpo (03-01-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I have contacted him and only got him once on the phone and a couple text replies that is it. I think there is something more going on then I know about and he has not charged me or anything. I am willing to pay the price and then some to get the info from the dvds but for some reason he has not sent me an email saying why not I am just not sure what the deal is. thanks agian. Cheers Scott.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

The Karambit is basically a weapon of South East Asia. But because of the weapon dynamics and the way it is employed it works VERY well with most martial art systems. There are a couple of instructors that you could deal with that are experts in this weapon...I have been practicing FMA for years and here are a few where you could pick up some training...

Steve Terrani

Sayoc Kali Karambit

FCS Kali

Most of the associated instructors have videos out. If you need any help finding stuff let me know.
    Regards,
    Walt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kroh For This Useful Post:

Beehive Kenpo (03-02-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I know of them espeically Mr. Tarani, but I still would like to see what Mr. Collado has done with the Karambit and Kenpo. I am in the process of getting some emerson dvds and tarani dvds but I still want the kenpo karambit dvds I think I have a sickness when I get set on something I just can't get it out of my mind. thanks again Scoot.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Very cool. Keep us informed how you make out.

@ jskkcameron: I would love to know how you make out in all of this. If this guy's business end is going south but he is a member of a larger organization... Whose feathers do we have to ruffle to get things moving?

Regards,
    Walt

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kroh For This Useful Post:

Beehive Kenpo (03-02-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I will let you know. I will not give up. thanks for the support. hopefully he will come around. or someone is willing to sell me a copy of his two dvds. Cheers Scott.

Dr. Dave in da house is offline Bringer of Doom...& beer
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,395 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kroh View Post
    The Karambit is basically a weapon of South East Asia. But because of the weapon dynamics and the way it is employed it works VERY well with most martial art systems. There are a couple of instructors that you could deal with that are experts in this weapon...I have been practicing FMA for years and here are a few where you could pick up some training...

Steve Terrani

Sayoc Kali Karambit

FCS Kali

Most of the associated instructors have videos out. If you need any help finding stuff let me know.
    Regards,
    Walt
    I used to roll with one of Steves advanced students and biz partners. Top notch crib with spooky-good blade skills. Always fun to see him show up online.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

I wish I could find someone that was willing to sell the dvds.
    All human laws are, properly speaking, only declaratory; they have no power over the substance of original justice.
    Edmund Burke

"There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility."
    Abilene, KS, May 2, 1903

“Traditionalists often study what is taught, not what there is to create.”
    ED PARKER

Thanks
    Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beehive Kenpo View Post
    I wish I could find someone that was willing to sell the dvds.
    I am trying to figure out if you are trolling, or trying to be sly, or just a train wreck..

If you can not get a copy, or ahold of Angelo through the online shop, the contact information on his website, or by posting, then I would say he really doesnt deserve to be selling a product, and you dont really need to have it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyKBoxer For This Useful Post:

robertk (03-07-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyKBoxer View Post
    If you can not get a copy, or ahold of Angelo through the online shop, the contact information on his website, or by posting, then I would say he really doesnt deserve to be selling a product, and you dont really need to have it.
    That's a good point,most instructors are only too happy to sell their products to interested parties. Makes one wonder how good the material is, (production level,content, quality,etc) or isn't. Sounds like there are other quality instructors around to chose from. Be patient, shop around. - Bob

KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Thanks

that maybe but I still want the dvds and I am willing to do whatever it takes to get some I hope Mr. Collado reads this and has a change of heart. I might be mentally ill because I get something in my head and I wont let it go tell I got it. thanks Scott
    All human laws are, properly speaking, only declaratory; they have no power over the substance of original justice.
    Edmund Burke

"There is not in all America a more dangerous trait than the deification of mere smartness unaccompanied by any sense of moral responsibility."
    Abilene, KS, May 2, 1903

“Traditionalists often study what is taught, not what there is to create.”
    ED PARKER

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Carol posted a vid of Mike Willams that looked pretty good as well a while back. - Bob

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Mr.Collado is an impressive kenpoist so I can see why you would want those. I wish I could be of some help. -Bob

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Well folks,

I have tried ALL e-mail addresses, phone numbers, even got accepted on his facebook as a friend and left a message. I sent money, never got a reply and am out of that money. As a kenpoist with 30 years under my belt, this behavior, to me, is unacceptable. I will no longer seek out the kenpo karambit dvd's, or obviously to get my funds returned. Lesson learned. I understand there are some good sayoc/kali dvd's out there with a Guro Jeff? I guess I'll learn what I can with those and apply them to MY kenpo as best I can. I wish the rest of you the best of luck, and hope one persons actions don't throw a shadow over the rest of the kenpo community. If this lack of good business practices or disrespect to MANY around the world is due to illness or accident, I wish him the best and apologize.
    "Big Bada Boom!"

25. The Following User Says Thank You to jskkcameron For This Useful Post:

robertk (08-03-2010)

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

I have forty years as a American Kenpo instructor. I created my own set of ground techniques that I felt most scum would use and how to get out of it, with the main idea of standing up in two seconds. This means you use striking methods, and other standing Kenpo attacks to the body. The objective is to get up in two seconds and back onto you feet.
    As for the karambit, I as an instructor uses the movements of our Kenpo techniques for the karambit to work. I stag, slice vital spot, stab certain spots, this is with double karambits. The same can be used wilth single karambit. You incorporate using your elbows, and legs for sweeping, kicking. With one karambit, you have to include using the empty arm and both legs to enhance the karambit.
    I have first degree black from Tracy and sixth degree from American Kenpo (Ed Parker Kenpo). Double sticks are used with empty hand methods, but with sticks and it works very well.A person who uses two or one karambit or stick and does not include his empty hand and leg weapons, is not a complete filghter. Sifu

Thanks
    Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,258 Posts

Our speed Doc friend John La T. likes this weapon as well and may have some dvd's. Some time back when I attempted to start a thread on this issue my comments on this weapon were dismissed by the self appointed ruling kenpo "authorities" at the time. Thanks for getting the ball rolling again! I understand that many LEO'S carry this blade. I still prefer a drop point folder as you can also use it at the steak house!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links