Thread: The Passion of Hate, The Passion of Love - Part 5 of 5

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Default The Passion of Hate, The Passion of Love - Part 5 of 5

The Passion of Hate, The Passion of Love
    By Kaith Rustaz

“Hate leads to Power” or “Hate leads to Suffering” which is true?

Both are.

“Love is the answer” “Love turns to Hate”

Emotional beings are we, and emotions are tools, are weapons to be used for your own success.

Two of the most powerful emotions are Love and Hate.

Hate is the intense dislike of something, so strong it demands you to take action. Often seen as the inverse of Love, hate which evolves from love is one of the most powerful of emotions, burning hot and fierce, and often consuming all in it’s path.

The Jedi claim to be beyond hate, but hate and fear the Sith they do, for the Sith are Yang to their Ying.

The Jedi fear Love, for the attachment it brings, and the ties that it binds.

Sith avoid love, for to love is to be merciful, and mercy is weakness. This is not to say sith abstain from love, far from it.

The Jedi in their attempt to subdue and ignore their emotions, seek to suppress both love and hate. A Sith will use them both, revel in them, master them, and use them both.

Hate is the most common of Sith weapons. It drives us to strike out against our enemies. A powerful tool hate is, by powering our attack, it becomes the perfect defense.

Hate is a risky weapon. It’s perfection if left uncontrolled can possess us, an drive us to our own destruction, so hot does it’s flame burn. To be used effectively, hate must be controlled and directed, with purpose. Purposeless hatred only consumes us, leaving nothing.

Love, often the opposite of Hate is an important Sith tool. Love can drive us, cause us to protect that which we care about and for, be it a person, place or thing. Love provides the ultimate in a defense, a shield and an energy source that cannot be broken, except by death, and sometimes not even then. It shields us with an armor that cannot be cut, cannot shatter.

Love also however, blinds us. It causes us to act recklessly, foolishly, prematurely. It can cloud our mind, poison our judgment, and soften our resolve.

Be mindful of Love and Hate, lest they control you and lead you to your doom.

Love is that which can lead you to give your last swallow of water to a dying enemy.
    Hate is that which can lead you to ignore the suffering of those whom you love.

Powerful emotions are these, not so easily mastered and controlled.

Be mindful of them. Enjoy them. Experience them and rejoice in them.

To love, and to hate are to be human.

===
    Bob Hubbard also known on various on-line forums as "Silent" Bob, "Kaith Rustaz" and just "Kaith", is a long time sci-fi fan. Currently head of the I.K.V. Devisior, an independent science fiction, anime and fantasy fan club, he has held positions with numerous other groups. He has organized activities at Media Play and Barnes & Nobel, worked con security, participated in club challenges for charities, and participated in masquerades, art shows and model shows at several Toronto conventions.
    You can reach Bob at his website, http://rustaz.com

Copyright
    ©2007 Bob Hubbard - Copies of this article are free to distribute, provided all text is retained intact.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Default Re: The Passion of Hate, The Passion of Love - Part 5 of 5

We have different definitions for love and for hate.

Your love was more like lust, with can be a part of love.

To me love is more like a blessing, an appreciation, a sharing of the zero energy field in a togetherness way.

Anyway, well done.

I thank you for these 5 articles on emotions and how to use them.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Bob Hubbard is offline Retired

Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,157 Posts

Thanks

I tried to take the Sith ideas as developed in fandom, mix in some of the motivational stuff I've read over the years and do it in a somewhat varied style that would be familiar to most readers. Mostly was done for another site I run, but thought, hey, toss em up on the martial arts sites too, and let folks play with em.
    For ANY and ALL KenpoTalk issues, please use theContact Us link here or at page bottom right. Do NOT PM me for site support.

KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Thanks

Those who love to hate also hate to love!

Kenpo Gary
    "The heart of the Kenpo System has always been practical-effective- Self Defense Techniques." Al Tracy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

The ancients had two words for love.

Cupiditas: Latin for passionate, fiery love...selfish love
    Caritas: Latin for selfless love... devoted love

Using "Star Wars" as the example, it was cupiditas that led Anikin to the dark side.

When Ankikin's mother died he reacted negatively. He was angry because he had lost something he wanted; his mother. Something important to him had been taken away. It had occured to me that the significance of Anikin's mother holding out for so long as a captive of the Sand-People and dying when she did was that she had seen her dream fullfilled. Note, she did not die until she realized her son had grown up and become a jedi. Her role as a parent had been realized and she could pass on in peace with no worry. Something that could have been seen as positive, was twisted into something negative because of Anikins cupiditas, selfish love.

It was cupiditas that caused him to side with the Emperor as well. He did not want another "thing" taken from him. Note that on the surface it appeared that he had the intrest of saving Padme's life at heart, but in reality he did not want another person that he held dear taken from him. Selfish.

His redemption only comes in Episode 6, when as Darth Vader he sacrifices himself to save his son Luke from the Emperor. That was an example of caritas. He had Luke's best interest (his life) in mind not because he was afraid Luke would be taken from him, but because he did not want his sone to die or be in pain. The fact that Vader died as a result, further reinforces his redemption as well as demonstrates caritas.

All people have the capacity for both cupiditas and caritas. As most of us know the latter is usually more prevelent in youth and the former manifests as we mature. Blame it on hormones. Cupiditas is usually responsible for a lot of relationships forming, but without caritas they don't last.

Hate is as strong as it is because of love being such a strong emotion, but the reverse is not necessarily true. When you study the "hate" behind something it's usually because some form of "love" has been affected. The person that hates has been impacted by the affect on something they loved. In Anikins case it was initially his mother.

One can love oneself more than they should as well, and feel slighted leading to hate. If you did not care about a thing would you be negatively affected by anything that happened to it? Take a pen on your desk. How do you feel about it? If you broke it would it send you into a rage? What about an old pen that was given to you as an heirloom from your dearly departed grandfather that you loved deeply? Break it and how do you feel? Not apathetic, I'm sure.

It's no small task to rule oneself by reason instead of passion. I'm human...I know. There's many times were one conflicts with the other. One thing I've developed from years of training in MA is self-discipline. That quality has helped a lot for sure. If it weren't for that....I'd probably be in prison. Anyway...that's my little contribution to the topic.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links