Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personality

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Default Personality

I am not happy that this was not posted on time but here goes anyway( I had a little matter of the spanish inquisition to take care of. )
    Personality is in the eye of the beholder. Transmition and perception that is made up of chemical and electrical reactions in the mind, ultimately made up of atoms which are made of quarks.
    I will add that this is a very narrow description, perhaps you could add to this one.
    Please be careful with this theory, has a tendancy to give you more control than you may have wanted.

Thanks

Default Re: Personality

What makes those chemical reactions happen? Experience?
    If we were to say that a "confident" person is confident (as a personality trait)-we would naturally assume the person was confident because they have in the past been successful. But, could someone also be "confident" because they have never been truly tested?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikael151 For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-30-2007)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cj01 View Post
    I am not happy that this was not posted on time but here goes anyway( I had a little matter of the spanish inquisition to take care of. )
    Personality is in the eye of the beholder. Transmition and perception that is made up of chemical and electrical reactions in the mind, ultimately made up of atoms which are made of quarks.
    I will add that this is a very narrow description, perhaps you could add to this one.
    Please be careful with this theory, has a tendancy to give you more control than you may have wanted.
    So you are a friend of the simple ideologies of Torquemada?

Are you aiding in that inquisition or are you a target of one?

Anyway, I'm real curious to which of the 52 meta-programs that you might be refering to (Rodger Bailey's Bio-Profiling Sysem?) which when you put them together have literally thousands of different personality profiles, or if you are refering to William James, if so how so specifically?

And if you happen to be refering to Candace Perts "Molecules of Emotion", The Doctor that has done the most amazing reseach on the biochemical links between consciousness, mind and body, how about some details on that?

Maybe you are refering to the many ways that Donna Eden goes over how the energies of the Triple Warmer meridian, and the energies of the 8 Radiant Cirtuits, complemented by negative thoughts or positive thoughts can and do affect us on an energy level that also affects our health, healing and endrocrine systems, which are the connectors in the body that connect us to the spiritual dimension (see Energy Medicine).

I really do like and appreciate INTELLIGENT philosophical discussions.

I especially RESPECT those that actually can quote resource materials and the AUTHORITIES in that field.

That makes it worth while to read, study and talk back and forth, does it not?

So, let's have one that goes past meta-model violations, and avoid a conversation that is totally into the language of hallucination and distortion.

Is that a fair premise?

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

Brother John (05-30-2007),tylerjade (05-31-2007)

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

I knew there was a reason my beach towel was starting to look like it had more personality than my ex-husband

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Carol For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-30-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Kaur View Post
    I knew there was a reason my beach towel was starting to look like it had more personality than my ex-husband
    Gees,

I wonder what you are looking for in a beach towel?

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael151 View Post
    What makes those chemical reactions happen? Experience?
    If we were to say that a "confident" person is confident (as a personality trait)-we would naturally assume the person was confident because they have in the past been successful. But, could someone also be "confident" because they have never been truly tested?
    The basic formula is thought leads to -> emotions (positive or negative) -> energies (9 different systems) -> to affecting the endocrine system -> to affecting the physical body either positively or negatively.

Then with trauma and repetition, attractor fields are set up so that one tiny thought can bring with it a blast of all past similar postive or negative emotions.

In NLP it's called "anchors".

Andrew Salter called it 'behavioral conditioning", which is based upon Palovian conditioning from the early 1900's.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Mr.T,
    O.K. I have had some sleep now and feel more able to deal with you in a respectful manner now.
    I would like you to keep in mind that a lot of these theories are from origional thought,meaning that even I have never heard of them before so it is hard for me to express them in any other way than the conclusions I have come to.
    I have however,heard the complaint that I am a bit too none specific at times. My answer to this is that you should be able to take a none specific idea and give it your own meaning hence creating "free thinking".
    I understand that you have a questioning mind but, you should not let that prevent you from thinking for yourself on your own merits.
    I could write a thousand page essay on the subject if I was in a class or something but I do not consider your enlightenment something I want to put that much time into.

Thanks

I think I missed the point of converation in your first post.

What is the issue or question we are debating/discussing?

Please clarify as I have a tremendous interest in personality issues.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to amylong For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-31-2007)

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

For example on the none specific issue.
    Is the glass half empty or half full?
    I ask questions in a different manner. I make a statement that gives your mind the questions as opposed to me actualy having to write one. Its just one step removed.
    cj01

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

I can only think in the way that I have been tought to think. I am sorry if this offends you.
    cj01

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

I trust that the inquisition has doused their flaming ******s, as you are still alive and kickin. (BTW: That's what they called the burning logs around the base of "the Stake"....just so you don't think I'm making innapropriate put-downs)

I don't believe that Personality is in the eye of the beholder. I believe that personality just IS, and that it's qualities and traits are percieved by those in contact with that person.... and through these people's 'perception' and judgement (bias filters) they then are the beholder. But the personality exists w/ or w/out the beholder. (If a tree has one hand clapping in the forest, does it miss it for the trees?) <- play on words....a jest.
    Transmition and perception that is made up of chemical and electrical reactions in the mind, ultimately made up of atoms which are made of quarks.
    Transmission of personality? I'd say that has more to do with apperception, the use of the senses of said 'beholder'. Unless you are speaking of a psychic level of perception, which from the rest of the context it doesn't seem you are. Perception is a function of the brain, true. The brain is made up of atoms, which are made of quarks. That's all good and well, but what does it matter? (play on words not intended: Atoms/Quarks/Matter) The brain is also made of a great deal of water. What does the knowledge of the physical makeup of the brain (even it's atomic and subatomic makeup) do for us or our ability to 'control' anything?
    again
    what control? OF what? HOW?
    thanks

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

Thanks

I can only think in the way that I have been tought to think.
    I am sorry if this offends you.
    cj01
    I don't see how this could offend anyone.
    Doesn't me.

I thought you were very big on "Free Thought" and coming to conclusions on your own merit. Now you say that you can only think in the way that you have been tought to think.
    Sounds pretty conditioned to me.

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

P.S. In all honesty...... you obviousley do have a great deal of book smarts but, keep in mind that book smarts are not the only source of enlightenment in the world.

Thanks

P.S. In all honesty...... you obviousley do have a great deal of book smarts but, keep in mind that book smarts are not the only source of enlightenment in the world.
    I might give you some advice, take it for what it's worth.
    #1: if YOU "cj01" are going to reference someone else and their "Smarts", you may want to make it clear whom you are addressing.

Level of 'smarts' has nothing to do with books, lack of books, world experience....etc, it has to do with what you've done with what you've GOT, no matter if what you've got came from a book, a teacher or observation.
    never assume you know where people got 'smarts' at.

Does your reply here indicate that whomever you are refering too has some "NON-Book Smarts" to gain...or that they are currently lacking??
    ...that'd be a rude assumption.

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ David Bly

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (05-31-2007),John M. La Tourrette (05-31-2007)

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

VERY GOOD! You are starting to think on your own in that last post however, that was not the meaning of the sentance that I had in mind. Take a look in the dictionary and see if you can catch my drift.
    "I can only think in the way that I have been tought to think"
    cj01

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

lol, It seems that I am being rude! I had not thought that I was. My sincearest apologies.

Thanks

no
    Not 'very good'
    very mundane.

I'm not interested in your drift nor what you think of my thinking.
    You're being rude here and on several other threads.
    I hope your posting matures. I like people who ask questions and urge free-thinking.
    I Do Not like people who are rude, insulent or belittling.

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ David Bly

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Yet another VERY GOOD conclusion.
    P.S. please accept my apologies as posted in "matter vs after life."

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    Gees,

I wonder what you are looking for in a beach towel?

Dr. John M. La Tourrette
    Hmm...

Smartly designed....colorful, but not obnoxious...comforting...warms you up when you're cold. and fun to lie down with. Good qualities in a beach towel

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carol For This Useful Post:

Dr. Dave in da house (05-31-2007),John M. La Tourrette (05-31-2007)

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

I am going to get very honest very quick. And my answer is going to be peace through force.
    Cj01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links