Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matter as opposed to the after life.

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Default Matter as opposed to the after life.

What is in existance now has existed in one form or another forever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cj01 For This Useful Post:

Brother John (05-29-2007)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 709 Posts

Default Re: Matter as opposed to the after life.

Quote Originally Posted by cj01 View Post
    Ok
    How do you know that though?
    Is that Everything? (Like my wife's personality?)

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ((if you use "FaceBook", look me up there by name))
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-29-2007)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

E=mc2

If the energy in the universe is finite, then what you say has to be true.

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Dear brother John,
    When I say "matter" I am referring specifically to physical matter so you see, your wifes personalty is a purely intangible penomenon.
    It is funny that you ask about the personality, my next post is going to be on that subject.
    As for how I know that...... I may have had some moments of enlightenment in my years of pain.

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

P.S. maybe this quote will shed some lite...... " Ive done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cj01 For This Useful Post:

Brother John (05-29-2007)

Thanks

THANK YOU Maynard.

good group

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven't planted"
    ~ David Bly

Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 817 Posts

So?

Do you mean food into feces into fertilizer and back into food?

Are you refering to the Platonic ideals?

Are you refering to the "concept" from quantum physics that all is energy and energy is never lost but converted?

Are you refering to the concept of reincarnation?

What are you refering to?

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

Brother John (05-30-2007),Dianhsuhe (05-29-2007),sifuroy (02-19-2008),tylerjade (06-04-2007)

Thanks

P.S. maybe this quote will shed some lite...... " Ive done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing".
    Actually it means nothing to me.

Which math?

Which dangers?

Which second coming?

And how do those nebuous non-existent definitions have anything to do with the mind, body and spirtual development of Kenpo Karate.

Please enlighten me.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

13. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

tylerjade (06-04-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by execkenpo View Post
    E=mc2

If the energy in the universe is finite, then what you say has to be true.
    Well,

That means energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.

What does that have to do with the "goobly gook" he stated?

Just curious.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

15. The Following User Says Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

tylerjade (06-04-2007)

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John M. La Tourrette View Post
    Well,

That means energy equals mass times the speed of light squared.

What does that have to do with the "goobly gook" he stated?

Just curious.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette
    He said that all is existence now was in existence before, or something along those lines. I guess it de[ends upon how you interpret his statement; I chose to look at things from a physics standpoint, and you touched upon that yourself in one of your responses. Given that mass converts to energy, and that at the sub atomic level, mass is energy, then it stands to reason (in my mind anyhow) that everything in existense today has always existed, in some way shape or form. This can only be true though if energy is finite in the universe, be it in the energetic form or the physical form at a time and point in space.

Just curious, are you feeling cantancerous today Your posts and responses on this threade and "spirit as opposed to matter" are more emotionally charged than usual.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by execkenpo View Post
    Just curious, are you feeling cantancerous today Your posts and responses on this threade and "spirit as opposed to matter" are more emotionally charged than usual.
    Well,

The true me is a "questioning" soul, and when someone (the originator of this thread, NOT you) makes an all inclusive statement that can literally be taken 500 different ways because they are so non-specific, I get real curious.

Many people think that asking questions is bad, mean, negative and hurtful.

Depends on how those questions are asked.

If someone tells me the "grass is red" and I have a different experience based upon many years of cutting the grass, I will ask him questions.

Those questions will cause him to clarify and get specific, if he can.

Nice question.;-)
    Dr. John M. La Tourrette

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

Dianhsuhe (05-29-2007),execkenpo (05-30-2007),tylerjade (06-04-2007)

Thanks

I must admit that I am enjoying Dr. T's posts today...What is the purpose of life if not to ask questions?

Keep it going guys, I am enjoying this forum---Although I had to borrow someone elses log-in to get in here as I is not smart enough to contribute--LOL
    The above is just my opinion.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianhsuhe For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-29-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dianhsuhe View Post
    I must admit that I am enjoying Dr. T's posts today...What is the purpose of life if not to ask questions?

Keep it going guys, I am enjoying this forum---Although I had to borrow someone elses log-in to get in here as I is not smart enough to contribute--LOL
    Now, how can you borrow someone else's log in?

And, thank you, for the compliment.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette
    Ps. I love those fellows that allow me the change to practice the meta-model.

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

Oh dear sir,
    PLEASE forgive my arrogance. I have obviousley offended your superior intallect. OH PLEASE have mercy on my reched soul. You are made of pure gold and I am a low grade oil at best. May the gods allow me to answer all your questions in a way that brings joy to your life. Because as we all know you are the most important person on earth and if you were gone the sun herself would refuse to shine.I would gladly stay awake for 25 hours of very hard training just to come home and read your thoughts(not to mention write a whole speach in your honor). The extra stress is a great pleasure to my soul and I will gladly carry your load for you. We all know that I only exist in a simple and unworthy capasity as your very own quantum physicist. Let me stress one more time how above the pain and suffering of the wicked world you are and let no man ever take your name in vein. May you live a long and healthy life and never let any man forget the great man who was not afraid to ask a question in the most polite manner possible. May the joy of specific truth creep slowly up your thy. Let the streams run with blood and the valies topple under your questions and your questions alone.
    I only hope that I can be your most humble of servants!
    My cup is neither half empty nore half full , my thimble runneth over with your glory. All nations should bow before you and neither king nore nature should your prayers not hear! I ain't done yet.......
    Let KINGS and I mean ,KINGS, exault you in the highest. May you always avoid suffering because YOU should not be soiled by the unworthy reches of this earth. Your POWER of intallect amazes me to the fullest degree. AND YOU ARE RIGHT we should not let a pitiful matter of quantum physics join in the system of kenpo, we should rather keep the art at the level of fist fights for eternity.

P.S. dont throw me in that briar patch , please....YSAH

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cj01 For This Useful Post:

RastaMan (02-03-2013)

Thanks

Oh dear sir,
    PLEASE forgive my arrogance. I have obviousley offended your superior intallect. OH PLEASE have mercy on my reched soul. You are made of pure gold and I am a low grade oil at best. May the gods allow me to answer all your questions in a way that brings joy to your life. Because as we all know you are the most important person on earth and if you were gone the sun herself would refuse to shine.I would gladly stay awake for 25 hours of very hard training just to come home and read your thoughts(not to mention write a whole speach in your honor). The extra stress is a great pleasure to my soul and I will gladly carry your load for you. We all know that I only exist in a simple and unworthy capasity as your very own quantum physicist. Let me stress one more time how above the pain and suffering of the wicked world you are and let no man ever take your name in vein. May you live a long and healthy life and never let any man forget the great man who was not afraid to ask a question in the most polite manner possible. May the joy of specific truth creep slowly up your thy. Let the streams run with blood and the valies topple under your questions and your questions alone.
    My cup is neither half empty nore half full , my thimble runneth over with your glory. All nations should bow before you and neither king nore nature should your prayers not hear! I ain't done yet.......
    Let KINGS and I mean ,KINGS, exault you in the highest. May you always avoid suffering because YOU should not be soiled by the unworthy reches of this earth. Your POWER of intallect amazes me to the fullest degree. AND YOU ARE RIGHT we should not let a pitiful matter of quantum physics join in the system of kenpo, we should rather keep the art at the level of fist fights for eternity.
    Yep.

Like I said, "goobly gook", and NOT Kenpo Karate, nor anywhere near strategy or tactics.

What specifically is anyone supposed to learn from any of your 14 posts?

Just real curious.

Dr. John M. La Tourrette

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John M. La Tourrette For This Useful Post:

Brother John (05-30-2007),execkenpo (05-30-2007),sifuroy (06-10-2007),tylerjade (06-01-2007)

Thanks

Oh dear sir,

WOW...

cj01-
    Mr. LaTourrette is correct. You made a pretty interesting statement with nil to back it up and no clarification of terms. I don't think he's being rude. He's a man with a lifelong habit of seeing something and saying "OH yeah?" and then chasing down the facts until he has a better understanding. So all he's done is come asking "Oh yeah? who/what/when/where/why & How?" to your vague statements.
    Step back, relax.............and answer like an adult, please.

My take: you're speaking jibber-jabber around a subject instead of getting to the brass tax. (Yes, I used jibber-jabber in a sentence. Were it scrabble, you'd owe me points!)
    Why do I think that?
    #1: You've not clarified much about a deep subject, just made broad assertions. (kind of a baited hook for Mr. LaTourrette, especially when the subject seems right up his alley)
    #2: When I challenged you (about the "wife's personality" bit) you came back with a reply saying that the words from the "TOOL" song "Schism"
    would clear things up for me. ((BTW: To anyone who doesn't know, I replied with "Thanks Maynard"...because that's the name of the lead singer of the band "TOOL".))
    This lead me to a few places:
    you are referencing and "clearing things up" by refering to a niche heavy metal/alternative band's lyrics...so you didn't REALLY want to clear things up unless there's an imbedded message in the song itself.

I'd discussed with a close friend how the words of that song are making a metaphor of the fall of the Tower of Babble...in which communication was 'confused'
    so I thought you were intentionally being vague with your confused communication.
    I also thought you might be my friend, logged on under a different handle (shame on you if so, shame on me if not)

In the end, you've made Huge statements and not a lot to back it up.
    Mr. LaTourrette asked you to back it up and define.
    Then you spouted out all childish like.

play nice.

Your Brother
    John

I may be back in a minute with the "MOD" hat on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ David Bly

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-31-2007),sifuroy (02-18-2008),tylerjade (06-01-2007)

Thanks

Default Mod- Note

Everyone:
    Please remain mature
    Please maintain respect

Your Brother (in Mod-mode)
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ David Bly

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-31-2007),sifuroy (02-18-2008)

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

ITS NOT JIBBER JABBER! The entire purpose of a short none specific sentance like that is to open your mind and get you thinking. Come to some conclusions on your own will ya. I am almost sure that you are not so stupid as to not be able to think and weigh facts and come to your own conclusions on your own merits.

Thanks

ITS NOT JIBBER JABBER! The entire purpose of a short none specific sentance like that is to open your mind and get you thinking. Come to some conclusions on your own will ya.
    I appreciate your attempt to get me thinking. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.
    Okay....so you get me thinking, then should I or should I not ask you YOUR thoughts on it, or to ask you to say things that back up your suppositions/assertions? You wanted discussion Right? You did come to KenpoTALK, not Kenpo monologue.
    I am almost sure that you are not so stupid as to not be able to think and weigh facts and come to your own conclusions on your own merits.
    I thank you for your complete faith in my lack of stupidity and my ability to 'think, weigh facts' and come to my own conclusions. But in doing so should we not also challenge what you've said?
    I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on this, thought Maybe that's why you Posted YOUR thoughts here.

that's all you opened with. Doesn't say much of anything but makes a broad/general assertion without reference to anything.
    Dear brother John,
    When I say "matter" I am referring specifically to physical matter so you see, your wifes personalty is a purely intangible penomenon.
    It is funny that you ask about the personality, my next post is going to be on that subject.
    As for how I know that...... I may have had some moments of enlightenment in my years of pain.
    THen you let us know that you're only talking about material things and nothing else.
    OK
    Still................Nothing to do with the "afterlife".
    OK...
    You've done the math and know the dangers of second guessing.
    Fine, what does that mean? Was there actual MATH? What dangers? Guessing at what? What was the first guessing guessing about? What did it find?
    Still......nothing at all about how you came about your original assertions.
    Still..........Nothing about the "Afterlife".
    Oh dear sir,
    PLEASE forgive my arrogance. I have obviousley offended your superior intallect. OH PLEASE have mercy on my reched soul.
    I'll NOT recount your entire tantrum here, but it was innapropriate.

THERE: Now....I've recounted your entire contribution w/in this thread that you started and there's still nothing to back up what you say or give any point of reference/frame of reference for it or anything.

I sure CAN come to my own conclusions. But I come here to a discussions forum to discuss, on a forum.
    I wouldn't have thought that That would be a slippery concept.

Your Brother
    John
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ David Bly

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brother John For This Useful Post:

John M. La Tourrette (05-31-2007),sifuroy (02-18-2008)

cj01 is offline Banned
    Thanks

The very questions that popped into your head when you saw that post are the ones that you should be answering for yourself. When you ask them to me you are doing nothing but giving me my questions back to me. Please do not answer my questions with my questions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links