Thread: K.i.c. 2007

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default K.i.c. 2007

What an awesome event! Even though I couldn't move for two days it was worth the blood, sweat, and tears! LOL

I was good to see some old friends again and make some new ones. I learned a great deal from the seminar and from just hanging out with everyone as well. I definately have tons to think about!

I got started right off the bat when I arrived to check in. Martin was sitting in the lobby with a fellow named Clay from S.C. Before I ever checked in, Martin was doing techniques on me in the lobby showing me some twists on standard techniques that he's picked up since the last time we saw each other. LOL. I'm surprised the clerk or other guests didn't call the cops on us! ROFL.

Larry Lauer enlightened me to proper positioning on some techniques I had some issues with. It made a world of difference in the execution of the technique. Thanks again Larry!

I'd like to thank Jerry Brooksher for contributing to my humiliation! LOL. His approach and methods of really utilizing the "Circle of Humiliation" (version of "in the middle" for those that aren't familiar with it) really go a long way in developing spontaneity in the execution of techniques. Good stuff! I loved it! Can't wait to get his notes on it!!

Bill Parsons clinic really showed how easily joint manipulations and joint locks blend with our Kenpo. My wrist is still stiff! Of course, having dabbled in some jiu-jitsu in the past I really enjoyed this a great deal.

I have to give a big "Salute" to Bills' son Phyl. Not because the guy is smooth and technically sound (which he is) but because between his dad and Vic, he took a serious beat down as the most popular uke of the day! LOL.

As always, Vic LeRoux was his usual charismatic self. It's always fun working with him. His clinic on knife tactics was quite informative but I really loved the "kenpo take-downs" session. Especially the part where Jerry showed me a unique twist on the classic C-Step that put me into a horizontal plane approximately 4 feet off the ground prior to crashing down to the ground like the proverbial Charlie Brown after Lucy yanks the football away! ROFL. Great stuff!

After the seminar was supposed to be over, Dan (can't remember his last name cop from New York that is an excellent grappler that trained with Pat Militech) and I got into rolling around and he showed me some excellent grappling escape maneuvers until Bill ran us off. LOL I hope the next time we hook up we can get more mat time in.

I'll post some pix soon. (Martin, I'll e-mail you yours as well ) I just wanted to go ahead and give a review. I had a great time! I'm sorry some of you couldn't make it and I missed you, but hey...there's always next year!!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Celtic_Crippler For This Useful Post:

bdparsons (04-25-2007),kwanli (04-25-2007),Martin Seck (04-24-2007),T-Bo (04-27-2007)

Thanks

Default Re: K.i.c. 2007

some pix
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Celtic_Crippler For This Useful Post:

bdparsons (04-25-2007),John Brewer (04-27-2007),Martin Seck (04-24-2007),sifuroy (04-25-2007),T-Bo (04-27-2007)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 612 Posts

Thanks Rob,

It was great seeing you again! I'm thrilled you had a good time. Glad to see you picked up some things to help you in your training. Please give our best to Wade.

BTW, who is that incredibly good-looking 3rd Degree you're posing with? Looks like he needs to pick up some Just For Men, though. Maybe drop some weight too. On second thought you shoud really watch who you hang around with!

Looking forward to next year, bro. Maybe we can arrange to get together before then.

Respects,
    Bill Parsons
    Triangle Kenpo Institute
    www.trianglekenpo.com

"I know Kenpo!" "Cool... do you know how to use it?"

sifuroy is offline In Memory of our Departed Friend
    Thanks

Crip,

Thanks for the great pictures. Was good to see you all together!!

I am most Respectfully,
    Sifuroy

Thanks

Looks like some fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Huffman
    1st Black, AKKI
    www.akki.com

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Man that makes my stomach hurt that I couldn't make it. Stooopid job...

Tell Danny I said Hi and that y'all make some of the most handsome kenpoist I've seen!!!

kt
    "Second chances they don't never matter, people never change
    Once a whore you're nothing more i'm sorry that'll never change
    And about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged
    I'm sorry honey, but i'm passing up, now look this way...*" --Paramore "Misery Business"

(*this is where a punch would be landed)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gimpat01 View Post

Tell Danny I said Hi and that y'all make some of the most handsome kenpoist I've seen!!!

kt
    Thanks Katie, we missed you too! There is always next year
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gimpat01 View Post

kt
    Flattery will get you everywhere! LOL. I'd just love to see youin class once a week!

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Man I'm working on it... plus I'm trying to convince Tudor to show up with me one of these days. I know, y'all might drop dead of cardiac arrests, having two prodigal children showing up at once... but it still might be fun.

BTW we were working on 5 swords in the studio the other day and I think we scared Suzanne Lawler a bit
    I'm sorry honey, but i'm passing up, now look this way...*" --Paramore "Misery Business"

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Man I'm working on it... plus I'm trying to convince Tudor to show up with me one of these days. I know, y'all might drop dead of cardiac arrests, having two prodigal children showing up at once... but it still might be fun.

BTW we working on 5 swords in the studio the other day... I think we scared Suzanne Lawler a bit

Thanks

That's too funny.

We're partnering with Oxygen network on their "Fight Like a Girl" promotion. I was asked if Wade and I would do some 30 minute empowerment sessions ending with a simple technique. I was thinking of "Obscure Wing" since it worked so well for you. LOL.

Anyway, it would be nice to have you back and even better if you could possible participate (being a girl and all. )

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Celtic_Crippler For This Useful Post:

Martin Seck (05-03-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    That's too funny.

We're partnering with Oxygen network on their "Fight Like a Girl" promotion. I was asked if Wade and I would do some 30 minute empowerment sessions ending with a simple technique. I was thinking of "Obscure Wing" since it worked so well for you. LOL.

Anyway, it would be nice to have you back and even better if you could possible participate (being a girl and all. )
    I hope that works out for you guys. Make sure to get a copy of the segment for our viewing pleasure
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links