Thread: MT: sho tung kwa

Thanks

Default MT: sho tung kwa

sho tung kwa
    By marlon - Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:14:48 GMT

====================

Considering that GM Villari has been reported as stating that this form as containing the essence of his shaolin kempo system. I thought a thread discussing it would be a great tool to understanding skk. My first question is about the three tiger strikes in the form. I was taught to do them while in a crane stance after the front ball kick....why stay in the crane to do these strikes? Was everyone taught this way?

Respectfully,
    Marlon

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: MT: sho tung kwa

Anyone know what sho tung kwa is? I just googled it and I'm not finding much.
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Post Bot View Post
    sho tung kwa
    By marlon - Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:14:48 GMT

====================

Considering that GM Villari has been reported as stating that this form as containing the essence of his shaolin kempo system. I thought a thread discussing it would be a great tool to understanding skk. My first question is about the three tiger strikes in the form. I was taught to do them while in a crane stance after the front ball kick....why stay in the crane to do these strikes? Was everyone taught this way?

Respectfully,
    Marlon

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

SUPPORT KENPOTALK:http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/payments.php

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cameypsaromatis View Post
    Anyone know what sho tung kwa is?
    Camey, it sounds like a form in Shaolin Kenpo.

Dan C

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cameypsaromatis View Post
    Anyone know what this is? I just googled it and I'm not finding much.
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with it and am not having any luck finding anything on it either.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Yea.. I just completely read that thread wrong. It's a Form... not a form of something.
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

SUPPORT KENPOTALK:http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/payments.php

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Doh!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Sho Tang Kwok is a form invented by Fred Villari. It has some hints of Hung Gar kung fu in it, and is, as far as anyone can tell, the only form in Shaolin Kempo that Fred actually invented. Immortal Monkey and Wounded Tigers were said to have been invented by him as well, but I've never seen either, nor met anyone who knows them, so I'll reserve judgement on that. It's an interesting form that I learned some time ago when I was still interested in the Villari lineage. fun stuff.
    ~Shaun E. Seifer - 5th Dan
    Founder - Tenchi Bujutsu
    http://www.idmaa.com

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KempoShaun View Post
    Sho Tang Kwok is a form invented by Fred Villari. It has some hints of Hung Gar kung fu in it, and is, as far as anyone can tell, the only form in Shaolin Kempo that Fred actually invented. Immortal Monkey and Wounded Tigers were said to have been invented by him as well, but I've never seen either, nor met anyone who knows them, so I'll reserve judgement on that. It's an interesting form that I learned some time ago when I was still interested in the Villari lineage. fun stuff.
    Sho Tang kwok is a Lower Level Black Belt form, Given roughly at 2nd Dan/ Nidan. From what i've been told by My instructors, who are two 8th Degree's in Villari's, Is that it is a form GM created. I do have, and was taught this form, its really an awesome form, and when done with focus, can really clear the sinuses.
    Immortal Monkey I don't know alot about, and wounded Tiger is rare, Only three Masters That I know of in the villari's system still have that one. Two of the three Masters are hard to find, but not impossible.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links