Thread: MT: Villari's masters Program

Thanks

Default MT: Villari's masters Program

Villari's masters Program
    By ziason - Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:47:12 GMT

====================

The school I am at now has a new program they call the Masters program. You get 4 classes a week and 1 private lesson plus a new uniform with the new villaris logo on the Gi and a racing stripe down the sides, with free patches, and the Villaris White Belt to Black Belt DVD set. And seemingly accelerated advancement. Here is the thing though. It seeems to me since they started this that the rest of us (I am not in the program, it costs much more than the regular program.
    They have been running the program since I was an orange belt, I am a blue belt now. I don't have a problem with the program, I know someone who is in it and he is progressing nicely. BUT, I have noticed that as I am advancing now, I am NOT beign show new material for my new belt levels in class, but the Masters are. It happened at purple and again at Blue. I asked repeatedly to be show several combinations and forms and neither my main instructors or any of the other instructors did. I only learned the new material from the DVD set I bought, and then my Main instructor recently told me I was doing one of the combinatins wrong, that he doesn't teach it the way it is on the dvd. I bought the DVD from him when he was trying to sell me on the Master program. I'm a little frustrated as I have been really working hard to improve. Before this program started after each advancement we were shown the new material we needed to learn for our next ranks. And in class we would break up into groups by levels so we could practice more advanced materials. Now the ONLY material he seems to focus on in class is the basic material Piono one, combo 6,7, and 8 point blocking system, etc. Nothing really above yellow belt. We have had a lot of turn over lately, new people come in, but don't seem to stay past yellow or orange. I know hee needs to teach them, but I feel I am missing out because I have advance and am not in the special Masters program. I think my money should at least get me the basics of my belt level. Has anyone else here had any experience with this program in their school?

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Default Re: MT: Villari's masters Program

Quote Originally Posted by MT Post Bot View Post
    Villari's masters Program
    By ziason - Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:47:12 GMT

====================

The school I am at now has a new program they call the Masters program. You get 4 classes a week and 1 private lesson plus a new uniform with the new villaris logo on the Gi and a racing stripe down the sides, with free patches, and the Villaris White Belt to Black Belt DVD set. And seemingly accelerated advancement. Here is the thing though. It seeems to me since they started this that the rest of us (I am not in the program, it costs much more than the regular program.
    They have been running the program since I was an orange belt, I am a blue belt now. I don't have a problem with the program, I know someone who is in it and he is progressing nicely. BUT, I have noticed that as I am advancing now, I am NOT beign show new material for my new belt levels in class, but the Masters are. It happened at purple and again at Blue. I asked repeatedly to be show several combinations and forms and neither my main instructors or any of the other instructors did. I only learned the new material from the DVD set I bought, and then my Main instructor recently told me I was doing one of the combinatins wrong, that he doesn't teach it the way it is on the dvd. I bought the DVD from him when he was trying to sell me on the Master program. I'm a little frustrated as I have been really working hard to improve. Before this program started after each advancement we were shown the new material we needed to learn for our next ranks. And in class we would break up into groups by levels so we could practice more advanced materials. Now the ONLY material he seems to focus on in class is the basic material Piono one, combo 6,7, and 8 point blocking system, etc. Nothing really above yellow belt. We have had a lot of turn over lately, new people come in, but don't seem to stay past yellow or orange. I know hee needs to teach them, but I feel I am missing out because I have advance and am not in the special Masters program. I think my money should at least get me the basics of my belt level. Has anyone else here had any experience with this program in their school?

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed
    Sounds like a rip off to me. I would look for a new school.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    3rd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Sounds like a rip off to me. I would look for a new school.
    I second that.
    "Fear is the true opiate of combat."

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

I'm in the Organization, And sadly alot of instructors are doing this nowadays. The Dvd's are the way Villari wants the system taught, However, they are meant to be guides for people who DO NOT have Karate schools. They are meant to be suppliments.

I'm sorry to hear that your instructor is doing this to you, I would have to agree with what everyone else said.

Inform your instructor of your thoughts. You should ALWAYS Be honest with the instructors, in any school. Having now run a school I realized that some of my students were being left behind, not on purpose of course, but just because Other students seemed to need more help at the time.
    Instructors, even masters, sometimes don't see the good students under their noses.

I was attending a dojo 5-6 days a week at one point, and people were STILL being shown more material then I was, simply because I was there so much, the Master instructor thought I already knew it all.

Dojo furniture is the term they use to describe that, and its a horrible but true thing.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links