Thread: MT: Charging Ram- Front Tackle

Thanks

Default MT: Charging Ram- Front Tackle

Charging Ram- Front Tackle
    By MJS - Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:39:00 GMT

====================

1: Standing with feet together, shift by sliding your left foot to 3 o'clock, into a right neutral bow and have your left hand parry opponents left arm down and out. Simultaneously deliver a right overhead, downward chop to opponents neck as your left hand guards at groin level.

2: Immediately deliver a right snapping ball kick to opponents rib cage, kicking toward 9 o'clock.

3: Plant your right foot slightly forward and deliver a left snapping ball kick to left jaw of opponent.

4: Cross/cover to 2 o'clock

Thought we could discuss this technique, any variations, etc. In addition, are any adjustments made to deal with a committed tackle?

Read More...

------------------------------------
    MartialTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: MT: Charging Ram- Front Tackle

This is basically how I originally learned this technique as well with a few tiny differences. I have seen it on more than one occasion with the first move done by stepping into rear twist and unwinding. I don't find that twist stance as effective for me as moving into a neutral bow.

You know to be specific, I learned it starting from a neutral bow and then upping the circle (maintaing the neutral) as the attack comes in.
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

SUPPORT KENPOTALK:http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/payments.php

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cameypsaromatis View Post
    This is basically how I originally learned this technique as well with a few tiny differences. I have seen it on more than one occasion with the first move done by stepping into rear twist and unwinding. I don't find that twist stance as effective for me as moving into a neutral bow.
    I originally learned it with a full twist. My first instructor loved twists. But, when you consider that this attack is more likely to be launched from a clinch than from the "100 yd charge" practiced bymost AK schools, the twist falls apart. You need a bracing angle in the stance to deal with the force of probable contact, and you need to get the near leg out of his reach as move him and you off line. If clinched, the right hand is already chambered and the strike lands with the parry.

You know to be specific, I learned it starting from a neutral bow and then upping the circle (maintaing the neutral) as the attack comes in.
    My last instructor taught me to step up the circle to a forward bow, then pivot into a neutral, for the reasons above. Sounds pretty much like what you learned.

Dan C

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

yes basically... but w/ out the forward bow... but I agree on the bracing angle. i'll try it that way and see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedan View Post
    I originally learned it with a full twist. My first instructor loved twists. But, when you consider that this attack is more likely to be launched from a clinch than from the "100 yd charge" practiced bymost AK schools, the twist falls apart. You need a bracing angle in the stance to deal with the force of probable contact, and you need to get the near leg out of his reach as move him and you off line. If clinched, the right hand is already chambered and the strike lands with the parry.

My last instructor taught me to step up the circle to a forward bow, then pivot into a neutral, for the reasons above. Sounds pretty much like what you learned.

Dan C
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cameypsaromatis View Post
    yes basically... but w/ out the forward bow... but I agree on the bracing angle. i'll try it that way and see how it goes.
    Camey, we practice the basic technique with a full forward bow. My instructor wanted to see full range of motion, full stances, proper form, etc. in the base tech. In application, we'd only hit the full forward bow if hard contact was made. Otherwise, it was transitional.The heel didn't plant, and we'd pivot straight to the neutral. Just to clarify.

Dan C

Thanks

The WKKA just changed it.

We start in a right fighting stance and step off slightly with out back foot towards 5ish when delivering the pary and than chop. But the rest is the same.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

"Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"

"Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

"A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Yes, I follow you completely. And it makes perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedan View Post
    Camey, we practice the basic technique with a full forward bow. My instructor wanted to see full range of motion, full stances, proper form, etc. in the base tech. In application, we'd only hit the full forward bow if hard contact was made. Otherwise, it was transitional.The heel didn't plant, and we'd pivot straight to the neutral. Just to clarify.

Dan C
    -Camey

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links