Thread: What's The Difference?

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 5,604 Posts

Default What's The Difference?

Anatomical Body Index or Motion Master Keys?

“Master Keys” is a “Motion Concept” designed to identify "movement" that repeatedly present themselves in similar applications or executions.

Conversely, “Body Indexing” uses anatomical “Index points,” primarily of, but not limited to the appendages, to facilitate rapid acquisition and sustained correct anatomical body mechanics. Additionally, these index points correspond to Grappling Control Mechanism (GCM) postures that facilitate obstructive dominance of depth over an attacker’s forward pressure. They are similar to consonants in English speech in that they form connections between diverse structures of similar anatomical content.

These points are utilized in training to take advantage of existing “Body Reflex Mechanisms” inherent in the autonomic nervous system and presents itself in Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Congruency when activated to re-enforce synaptic pathways of sound anatomical movement through what is called in SubLevel Four Kenpo, “Body Index Training,” or B.I.T. Training” for short.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

KenpoTalk
    Green Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: What's The Difference?

Greetings Doc!

So could you elaborate on the underlying principles of your training?

Specifically, I ask for what are called "presupositions" in the SL4 model for martial training.

Things like:

"Apply Muscular Reasigment to open targets and/or reach your operative objective... Control of Attacker"

"Make sure, through testing, that ALL movements on a Technique Sequence are anatomically correct and cater to the realistic reaction of the attacker upon retaliatory action."

which presuposes:

"Study the actions and reactions of attackers based on empirical evidence, and study partners should act out the immediate reaction upon impact with targets, including retreats, collapses, and holding/grappling actions."

Which made necessary the Grappling Control Mechanisms.

I can extrapolate more, yet I need more study. These principles I can use to optimize my study and training for me and my students, so they can guide further research.

Thanks!

Juan M. Mercado

Thanks
    Thanked 4,374 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Anatomical Body Index or Motion Master Keys?

“Master Keys” is a “Motion Concept” designed to identify "movement" that repeatedly present themselves in similar applications or executions.

Conversely, “Body Indexing” uses anatomical “Index points,” primarily of, but not limited to the appendages, to facilitate rapid acquisition and sustained correct anatomical body mechanics. Additionally, these index points correspond to Grappling Control Mechanism (GCM) postures that facilitate obstructive dominance of depth over an attacker’s forward pressure. They are similar to consonants in English speech in that they form connections between diverse structures of similar anatomical content.

These points are utilized in training to take advantage of existing “Body Reflex Mechanisms” inherent in the autonomic nervous system and presents itself in Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Congruency when activated to re-enforce synaptic pathways of sound anatomical movement through what is called in SubLevel Four Kenpo, “Body Index Training,” or B.I.T. Training” for short.
    Wouldn't it then be possible to re-visit the Master Key movements with indexing and anatomical alognment components inserted appropriately? Add the slap checks, BAM's, PAM's, etc., where they would need to be to shore up the integrity of the body while performing the master key movements?

What if you then took it to the next level, and went to the deep-structure applications of the keys, applying weapon-target & other "motion" principles to anatomical targets -- nerve activation points, negative alignment points, acupuncture points -- and included components of strike manipulation and control manipulation? What if you infused all aspects of your kenpo with these elements, so that everything you learned from the ground up, was built around some of these fundamental core ideas? What if every basic, technique, form, drill, was geared around pounding these ideas NOT into your head, but into your unconscious, reflexive body memory?

Ah, nevermind. Someone has already done it. Now I just gotta learn it proper.

Thank you for all of your hard work and commitment, Doc.

Best Regards,

The Fly in the Ointment.
    Clear mind, clear movement. Mastery of the Arts is mastery over the Self. That in this moment, this motion, the thoughts, memories, impulses and passions that cloud the mind must yield to the clarity of purpose, and purity of motion.

Doc
    AKI Contributing Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 5,604 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by profesormental View Post
    Greetings Doc!

So could you elaborate on the underlying principles of your training?

Specifically, I ask for what are called "presupositions" in the SL4 model for martial training.

Things like:

"Apply Muscular Reasigment to open targets and/or reach your operative objective... Control of Attacker"

"Make sure, through testing, that ALL movements on a Technique Sequence are anatomically correct and cater to the realistic reaction of the attacker upon retaliatory action."

which presuposes:

"Study the actions and reactions of attackers based on empirical evidence, and study partners should act out the immediate reaction upon impact with targets, including retreats, collapses, and holding/grappling actions."

Which made necessary the Grappling Control Mechanisms.

I can extrapolate more, yet I need more study. These principles I can use to optimize my study and training for me and my students, so they can guide further research.

Thanks!

Juan M. Mercado
    See the 'explanations' under my lineage please.
    "Nothing is more dangerous than the conscientiously ignorant, or the sincerely stupid." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens." - Ed Parker Sr.

"It's much easier to quote, than to know." - Ron Chapél

www.MSUACF.com

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links