Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Andy Roony on Women over 40

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Forney TX
    Posts
    1,068
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 83 Times in 55 Posts

    Default Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Another one that I thought was funny.

    (And my woman turns 40 in a few months)

    Andy Roony on Women over 40
    For those of US who fall into this category and those who soon will!

    In case you missed it on 60 minutes. This is for all girls around 40...AND...for guys who are scared of girls over 40. This was written by Andy Rooney from CBS 60 Minutes.

    Andy Rooney says: As I grow in age, I value women who are over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask,"What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think. If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.
    Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

    Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

    Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.

    Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

    Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

    Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 40+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of
    himself with some 22-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

    For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig,
    just to get a little sausage.
    A black belt covers 2" of your butt. Covering the rest is soley up to you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Older women are sexy. I remember when "Designing Women" was on I used to have a "thing" for Dixie Carter. Did I say that out loud?
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

  3. #3
    Ceicei's Avatar
    Ceicei is offline Knowledge Seeker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    447
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 72 Times in 39 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Ummmm. Andy is my man!!!
    Studying martial arts is for life, not for the color of the belt.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,774
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Interesting
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

  5. #5
    execkenpo is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. Green Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 103 Times in 69 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Since my 'wife' is over 40 I would have to agree with all that Andy had to say, except that I'm not yet 'a bald paunchy relic'; but I'm not yet 40 so maybe that's why Have you ever tried to have an intelligent conversation with a woman in her 20's....not probable. Though I guess conversation is not what men over 40 are after with 20 yr olds.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,818
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 337 Times in 234 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Quote Originally Posted by execkenpo View Post
    Have you ever tried to have an intelligent conversation with a woman in her 20's....not probable. Though I guess conversation is not what men over 40 are after with 20 yr olds.
    You know, I've always liked older women. Younger ones, too. But, I can honestly say, conversation at any age hasn't been a high priority ...

    Dan (feelin' suicidal here) C
    There are things that are worth knowing for their own sake, worth finding for the pure joy of discovery.

  7. #7
    gimpat01's Avatar
    gimpat01 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    795
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Ah yes... having intellectual conversations with women my age is improbable but not completely impossible.
    And being a declared singleton myself, I completely agree with the 'pig' statement.
    "Second chances they don't never matter, people never change
    Once a whore you're nothing more i'm sorry that'll never change
    And about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged
    I'm sorry honey, but i'm passing up, now look this way...*" --Paramore "Misery Business"


    (*this is where a punch would be landed)

  8. #8
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Y'all can say what you like about women over 40. Now that I'm nearly there....dang, this is a great age.

    The world finally treats you like a grownup.

    My friends have stopped wondering about when I'm going to have kids.

    My family has stopped asking me about when I'm going to get married (again).

    I've been in my line of work for long enough to have established myself in to a career and have earned the respect and the pay to go with it.

    The knowledge of everything I've learned along the way is starting to actually make sense.

    And it all comes together in such a way that.....any dude that would really rather be chasing a 20 year old is prolly a dude I don't need messing up my chi (or my laptop) anyway.

    There's such balance in nature...LOL!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Kaur View Post
    Y'all can say what you like about women over 40. Now that I'm nearly there....dang, this is a great age.

    The world finally treats you like a grownup.

    My friends have stopped wondering about when I'm going to have kids.

    My family has stopped asking me about when I'm going to get married (again).

    I've been in my line of work for long enough to have established myself in to a career and have earned the respect and the pay to go with it.

    The knowledge of everything I've learned along the way is starting to actually make sense.

    And it all comes together in such a way that.....any dude that would really rather be chasing a 20 year old is prolly a dude I don't need messing up my chi (or my laptop) anyway.

    There's such balance in nature...LOL!!
    Is that what they mean by "empowerment?"
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

  10. #10
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler View Post
    Is that what they mean by "empowerment?"
    I have no freaking clue. I don't hang out with women that use words like that. They're usually too busy talking about trying to do what I've already accomplished.

  11. #11
    gimpat01's Avatar
    gimpat01 is offline
    KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    795
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Don't you love the gum flappers of our sex? They may take the "see it, say it" motto too much to heart.
    I can't wait for my family and friends to stop the, "I just don't know why you don't find someone and settle down" lines. Maybe I should introduce them to the "ball peen hammer" !!!
    "Second chances they don't never matter, people never change
    Once a whore you're nothing more i'm sorry that'll never change
    And about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged
    I'm sorry honey, but i'm passing up, now look this way...*" --Paramore "Misery Business"


    (*this is where a punch would be landed)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Carol Kaur View Post
    I have no freaking clue. I don't hang out with women that use words like that. They're usually too busy talking about trying to do what I've already accomplished.
    Now that's an excellent attitude to have!

    Quote Originally Posted by gimpat01
    Don't you love the gum flappers of our sex? They may take the "see it, say it" motto too much to heart.
    I can't wait for my family and friends to stop the, "I just don't know why you don't find someone and settle down" lines. Maybe I should introduce them to the "ball peen hammer" !!!
    Just because that old "formula" makes some people happy doesn't mean it works for everyone. Some people aspire to "more" than settlin' down and becoming a baby factory. LOL I say let 'em have a taste of Da' Hamma'!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

  13. #13
    Senjojutsu is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Adv. White Belt
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Gawd,

    Andy Rooney was an old geezer when I was young man – and I ain’t young no more.

    I do however remember the barroom ditty praising having a liaison with an older women:


    They don’t tell
    They don’t swell (as in pregnancy)
    They’re grateful as hell


    Unfortunately the reality is Kempo ladies, men as a rule will run off with Keira Knightleys or Holly Madisons of the world. That is - the youngest babe they can bag. I am not saying this is fair or the best life decision to be made by the male.

    When a “lucky” forty-five year old man marries a twenty-five year old woman it does not make him magically decrease in age to be only 35! Often what it does is put the 45 year-old male on the fast track to be a “double divorced dad” who will be sentenced to poverty by judicial edict.

    But younger women are almost genetically hardwired to be chosen - unless of course we are talking that unique male subspecies known as a gigolo – as in the junior Senator from Massachusetts. “At first, Kerry looks at the purse.”

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Senjojutsu View Post
    Gawd,

    Andy Rooney was an old geezer when I was young man – and I ain’t young no more.

    I do however remember the barroom ditty praising having a liaison with an older women:


    They don’t tell
    They don’t swell (as in pregnancy)
    They’re grateful as hell


    Unfortunately the reality is Kempo ladies, men as a rule will run off with Keira Knightleys or Holly Madisons of the world. That is - the youngest babe they can bag. I am not saying this is fair or the best life decision to be made by the male.

    When a “lucky” forty-five year old man marries a twenty-five year old woman it does not make him magically decrease in age to be only 35! Often what it does is put the 45 year-old male on the fast track to be a “double divorced dad” who will be sentenced to poverty by judicial edict.

    But younger women are almost genetically hardwired to be chosen - unless of course we are talking that unique male subspecies known as a gigolo – as in the junior Senator from Massachusetts. “At first, Kerry looks at the purse.”
    Whatever....I've had my fill of younger women.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." – Charles A. Beard

  15. #15
    Carol's Avatar
    Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    2,007
    Thanks
    1,141
    Thanked 976 Times in 569 Posts

    Default Re: Andy Roony on Women over 40

    Quote Originally Posted by Senjojutsu View Post


    Unfortunately the reality is Kempo ladies, men as a rule will run off with Keira Knightleys or Holly Madisons of the world. That is - the youngest babe they can bag. I am not saying this is fair or the best life decision to be made by the male.

    When a “lucky” forty-five year old man marries a twenty-five year old woman it does not make him magically decrease in age to be only 35! Often what it does is put the 45 year-old male on the fast track to be a “double divorced dad” who will be sentenced to poverty by judicial edict.
    OK, stupidass losers like that aren't gonna be attracted to me.

    That's supposed to be unfortunate?

    Maybe there is some truth to that. Now that I think about it, I haven't had any kind of romantic interaction with a guy that paid child support.
    Last edited by Carol; 02-12-2007 at 04:21 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Beer turns men into women!
    By madeku in forum Humor
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 02:44 PM
  2. Words Women Use
    By Celtic_Crippler in forum Humor
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 10:14 AM
  3. Texas WOMEN
    By hemi in forum Humor
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 01:38 AM
  4. For all the Kenpo Women! (sorry guys)
    By gimpat01 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 08:47 AM