Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: This is My Thread!

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

Default Re: This is My Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad View Post
    Since this thread was started by a Canadian maybe it should be tried in a Canadian Court.
    Susan is a U.S. citizen, and is in current possession of the thread. Plus, she won the race to the Courthouse as my ex parte application has already been filed. Too bad!, Eh!?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AaronBBall View Post
    Susan is a U.S. citizen, and is in current possession of the thread. Plus, she won the race to the Courthouse as my ex parte application has already been filed. Too bad!, Eh!?
    What is that quote about Killing All the Lawyers?
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Deleted post
    Last edited by dubljay; 09-30-2006 at 10:51 PM.
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

What is that quote about Killing All the Lawyers?
    The quote was, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." It was said by Dick, the butcher, in Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part 2, Act 4, Scene 2.

Of course, you need to take the quote in context since this is one of several quotes from Shakespeare that is always misunderstood. Dick was a character whom Shakespeare did not think highly of. He was an idiot who was supporting another idiot (Cade, the rebel), who was rallying a crowd to rebel against the throne (and make him everyone's lord).

The reason Dick wanted to kill all the lawyers is that he knew the lawyers would be too smart to let him fool the masses, create disorder and see through his evil, power hungry plans.

Even though I believe in justice and practicing law as a noble profession, everyone hates us. A few bad apples have ruined it for the rest of us, and I know that preventing lawyer-bashing is impossible. I try to take it with a grain of salt, and this is also why I study martial arts. So, I know that you all will continue to bash my profession, but please understand whose words you quote and the context in which they were said.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program: Susan has the thread. Nya nya!

Thanks

AaronBBall

Stick around this place long enough and you will know that I hate using smilies, so I rarely use them in my posts. But I do joke around quite a bit. When I have a problem with a person I PM and take it off board.

But I still think the Bard was on to something

KenpoTalk
    White Belt
    Thanks

But I do joke around quite a bit. When I have a problem with a person I PM and take it off board.

But I still think the Bard was on to something
    I agree that the Bard was on to something -- that Dick was... well... a dick! -- and that his words should not be quoted fondly.

Anyway, after your post and then the hollowpoint bullet joke, I felt the need to at least set the record straight considering the "kill all the lawyers" quote. I didn't PM you because I wanted others to know the context of the quote as well. And no worries. I knew you were joking -- mostly.

Thanks

All right! I have a lawyer on my side! Thanks for protecting my thread Aaron!!!
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

my thread.......courts be damned

Thanks

Even though I believe in justice and practicing law as a noble profession, everyone hates us.
    Nah. Everyone doesn't hate all lawyers. Mostly just evil trial lawyers, ACLU types, and judges that legislate from the bench.

Hey, quoting Shakespear and being a lawyer, you sound a lot like R-r-rumpole of the Bailey! Far more entertaining than Perry Mason, in my book! Not British, are you?

Dan C

Thanks

*pets thread*
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbonz View Post
    my thread.......courts be damned

Y'all don't realize that the last time the US and Canada hot into a scuffle that a new Whitehouse had to be built.

Thanks

[quote=AaronBBall;29950]I agree that the Bard was on to something -- that Dick was... well... a dick! -- and that his words should not be quoted fondly.

Anyway, after your post and then the hollowpoint bullet joke, I felt the need to at least set the record straight considering the "kill all the lawyers" quote. I didn't PM you because I wanted others to know the context of the quote as well. And no worries. I knew you were joking -- mostly. [/quite]

Being stuck up in the great white north, a country that is not as litigation happy as the United States Of America I am proud to say we have a great sense of humor ( you have to when your $1 coin is referred to as a Looney and the $2 coin is called a twooney). But on a personal note I will say, as a paralegal and as someone who was lucky enough to be a clerk for a judge in college I do have a great respecy for the law, and for lawyers. I do have a problem with those that whore out their profession.

Carol is offline Deo duce, ferro comitante
    Thanks

Just to clarify...Buffalo is practically Canada, but Buffalo is not yet IN Canada.

So take off, eh? What a hoser.

Thanks

Y'all don't realize that the last time the US and Canada hot into a scuffle that a new Whitehouse had to be built.
    hahahahahaha
    on that note.......my thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

I thought this matter was settled? This is MY thread!
    It's mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine!
    ...and you can't have it!
    ALL MINE!
    Mine to infinity!!! Muahahahaha MINE! Muahahahaha MINE, MINE, MINE!
    <- Me taking back MY thread.

you-> <-me
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    2nd. Brown Belt
    Thanks

Rob B, elaborate on the torching of the White House...
    "Second chances they don't never matter, people never change
    Once a whore you're nothing more i'm sorry that'll never change
    And about forgiveness, we're both supposed to have exchanged
    I'm sorry honey, but i'm passing up, now look this way...*" --Paramore "Misery Business"

(*this is where a punch would be landed)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Broad
    I do have a problem with those that whore out their profession.
    Oh, he whores out more than that. But it's not really being a whore because he isn't getting paid. This is pro-bono all the way. He's sort of 'slutting out' his profession. He doesn't get anything but a reputation.

This thread is owned by a leading member of the Estrogen Mafia. By mafia, I mean a group who will kill anyone who tries to take what belongs to them.

Susan has taken good care of this thread and deserves it. If any of you have watched the Sopranos, you all should've known better than to cross us.

Give it up boys. This thread has long since been owned.

--Judge Amy
    Last edited by amylong; 10-01-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

After doing a bit of research it has come to my attention that this thread indeed belongs to Susan as she has been here longer (check the member's list by join date). Also in the event of Susan becoming incapacitated and no longer fit to own this thread I will default into ownership as I am the second senior member. (and to anyone thinking otherwise, post counts are irrelevant)
    Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dubljay View Post
    After doing a bit of research it has come to my attention that this thread indeed belongs to Susan as she has been here longer (check the member's list by join date). Also in the event of Susan becoming incapacitated and no longer fit to own this thread I will default into ownership as I am the second senior member. (and to anyone thinking otherwise, post counts are irrelevant)
    You may be more senior, but you're male. Membership in the EM automatically puts its members at the top. You're barely on the list.

You are correct however, that this thread is in Susan's territory.
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong View Post
    You may be more senior, but you're male. Membership in the EM automatically puts its members at the top. You're barely on the list.

You are correct however, that this thread is in Susan's territory.

Just for claification how exactly am I on the list? That wouldnt be the hit list would it?

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links