Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Funny karate clips

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 913 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Funny karate clips

    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    It would have to be a double saber for me to use it.... like Darth Maul aka Ray Park.

    I nearly wet myself watching the last one! LMAO! That guy really had NONE-Chuks! LOL. I like his spirit though...he tried to keep going. ROFL
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Hmm, first one didn't play for me got an error.

    Other two I have seen and they are very funny.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  4. #4
    EndlessRising's Avatar
    EndlessRising is offline
    KenpoTalk
    Purple Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    hahaha I love those videos. Here's another one of my favorites:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQriW...0demonstration

    The description reads as follows:
    "A man displays his wealth of karate knowledge in this intense demonstration."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessRising
    hahaha I love those videos. Here's another one of my favorites:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQriW...0demonstration

    The description reads as follows:
    "A man displays his wealth of karate knowledge in this intense demonstration."
    So good it scares the cat

    LOL!!!
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessRising
    hahaha I love those videos. Here's another one of my favorites:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQriW...0demonstration

    The description reads as follows:
    "A man displays his wealth of karate knowledge in this intense demonstration."
    99.9% of the time I don't say anything negative about anyone that practices a martial art. This is one of those rare occasions when I have to say..... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!?!?! Wealth of karate knowledge my big ole Irish arse! He needs to file for Bankrupcy! LMAO. I'm just happy the cat escaped with no injury.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    99.9% of the time I don't say anything negative about anyone that practices a martial art. This is one of those rare occasions when I have to say..... WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!?!?! Wealth of karate knowledge my big ole Irish arse! He needs to file for Bankrupcy! LMAO. I'm just happy the cat escaped with no injury.
    You have to ask yourself if he released that on purpose. Here is what it looked like to me.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate
    You have to ask yourself if he released that on purpose. Here is what it looked like to me.
    ROFL! I don't know what's funnier.... the clip or your post!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    ROFL! I don't know what's funnier.... the clip or your post!
    LOL!!
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    4,018
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 913 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Oh, my.

    Maybe he made that to do a spoof on someone he knows. God, I hope so.

    That's really....quite.........uh......something.

    --Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,270
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 113 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessRising
    hahaha I love those videos. Here's another one of my favorites:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQriW...0demonstration

    The description reads as follows:
    "A man displays his wealth of karate knowledge in this intense demonstration."
    Ok thats hilarious. I thought he was going to pass out when he was throwing those hay makers. He scared the snot out of the cat.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

    "Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"


    "Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

    "A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,270
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 113 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwlR_...0demonstration

    This ones not funny, but it is really cool. The true street fighter.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

    "Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"


    "Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

    "A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwlR_...0demonstration

    This ones not funny, but it is really cool. The true street fighter.
    His acrobatics and timing were good. Not practical, more like Wushu.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,270
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 113 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate
    His acrobatics and timing were good. Not practical, more like Wushu.
    Most of the creative forms I have ever seen were not practical. They are just for show.

    And I wouldn't tell Jet Li or Jakie Chan that or they might show me how practical it really could be.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

    "Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"


    "Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

    "A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    Most of the creative forms I have ever seen were not practical. They are just for show.

    And I wouldn't tell Jet Li or Jakie Chan that or they might show me how practical it really could be.
    Yes, Wushu can be practical but its intention is competition. I was involved in competition from 1983 to 2001 and my experience has been the kung fu (quan-fa) guys always do well in forms and weapons and never seem to get to far in sparring.

    There is a story about Jackie Chan a few years ago when they were filming in Miami. A guy snuck on set and went up to Jackie who was taking a break. The guy punched him square in the nose, Jackie asked "why did you do that?" The guy said "I thought you would block it." If that happened to Bruce or Parker I really think they would have handed that guy his arse. He was arrested and it was on the news in South Florida.

    I don't think Jackie and Jet are in the same calibur of fighting skills as Bruce Lee, Ed Parker, Royce Gracie.

    Most importantly this is all just my opinion.
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,270
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 113 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by katsudo_karate
    Yes, Wushu can be practical but its intention is competition. I was involved in competition from 1983 to 2001 and my experience has been the kung fu (quan-fa) guys always do well in forms and weapons and never seem to get to far in sparring.

    There is a story about Jackie Chan a few years ago when they were filming in Miami. A guy snuck on set and went up to Jackie who was taking a break. The guy punched him square in the nose, Jackie asked "why did you do that?" The guy said "I thought you would block it." If that happened to Bruce or Parker I really think they would have handed that guy his arse. He was arrested and it was on the news in South Florida.

    I don't think Jackie and Jet are in the same calibur of fighting skills as Bruce Lee, Ed Parker, Royce Gracie.

    Most importantly this is all just my opinion.
    I can agree with that. But we will never know. It would have been a WWII if any of those would pair up.
    "To hear is to doubt. To see is to be deceived. But to feel is to believe." -- SGM Ed Parker

    "Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war." -- "The Punisher"


    "Praying Mantis, very good. . . For catching bugs." --Jackie Chan

    "A horse stance is great for taking a dump" --Jet Li

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,361
    Thanks
    841
    Thanked 480 Times in 291 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    I can agree with that. But we will never know. It would have been a WWII if any of those would pair up.
    Very true

    ... of course we should all be on the lookout for the guy in the first clip too
    PARKER - HERMAN - SECK

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    1,199
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    He probably sucker punched poor Jackie. I just can't believe he wouldn't have at least tried to block it had he seen it coming. Irregardless, his reaction was definately not one I would expect from someone like .....well.. anyone of us! LOL. I may have asked him why he punched me in the nose, but only after the paramedics had revived him and the police were loading him into the patrol car.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hoth
    Posts
    2,211
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 81 Times in 71 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Here's a clip from MySpace

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...=683193245&n=2

    Beware the monkey!
    Susan A. Spann

    Something Here Coming Soon

    Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    Posts
    7,774
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 801 Posts

    Default Re: Funny karate clips

    Quote Originally Posted by parkerkarate
    Most of the creative forms I have ever seen were not practical. They are just for show.

    And I wouldn't tell Jet Li or Jakie Chan that or they might show me how practical it really could be.
    Jet Li may be the real deal, but Jackie Chan is an actor trainied by the Chinese Opera Company. He is an amazing choreographer and perfromer but if you were to ask him he is not a real martial artist.
    Quality outweighs quantity every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Book Review: Karate Do: My Way of Life - Gichin Funakoshi
    By Bob Hubbard in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 08:37 AM
  2. Video clips
    By jfarnsworth in forum Members in Motion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 11:04 PM
  3. American Karate Pioneer Ken Knudson Killed in Plane Crash
    By gakusei in forum The Hall of Remembrance (Memorials)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 05:46 PM
  4. Funny Karate Video
    By Hunter in forum Humor
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 10:02 PM
  5. Anyone care to answer some of this?
    By Alan J. in forum Parker - Mills / AKKI
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 08:08 AM