Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Embarrassing Moments

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Default Most Embarrassing Moments

I feel pretty safe in saying that most of us have probably busted our butts when executing a kick before, but what is really your most embarrassing Kenpo moment?

Anybody ever "ripped" one while stretching? Now that's embarrassing...especially if you're the instructor and the center of attention!
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

Thanks

Default Re: Most Embarrassing Moments

I didn't rip one, but I had a kid do so in my face o_O
    Susan A. Spann

Something Here Coming Soon

Member of the Estrogen Mafia and Proud Owner of THIS Thread (FOREVER D:< )

Thanks

Well, that one seems like a given. Usually during crunches.

The other one revolves around being female, in a white gi and being 'surprised'. That's kind of embarrassing to say the least.

I had a student recently who got elbowed in the chin, so we stopped for a minute to see if she was okay. She said she was, then started to tear up, so increased my concern.

She said she was just embarrassed at the attention so if everyone would stop looking at her, things would get better.

I've never seen someone get embarrassed about getting hit before.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey
    New Cool (free) kenpo tool bar: http://KenpoKarate.OurToolbar.com/

jfarnsworth is offline Parker / Planas Lineage
    Thanks

I don't know if I really have too much related to kenpo or martial arts in general but one time in high school I got myself in trouble. I was at a wrestling tournament in a different school and while my match was over in the finals plus after drinking plenty of water finally of course I had to use the restroom. Now there are people out selling t-shirts and whatnot in between the restrooms. I was looking at some and just walked in one without paying attention. Well to my surprise no one was in there when I went in BUT when I came out that was a different story. Of course I wasn't able to just slide out because 2 females from my school were standing in front of me at the sinks . That's when I realized I really screwed up. Also, if anyone is thinking about "Hey didn't he noticed there were no urinals" NO. After finally getting water I could have cared less if there was a urinal or a toilet.
    Now that was embarassing. At least there were no females in any stage of undress. Only you females know what goes on inside of a girls restroom.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,585 Times in 2,191 Posts

For a couple of reasons, I started in the Instructor workouts while I was still a trainee. The final step before becoming an instructor is a meeting upstairs with GM Lee. The man is 6' 3" and very imposing. The night I was supposed to have my interview was the night of a workout. So, here I am on the mat working out with the group, very nervous waiting to be called upstairs. What should happen 2 minutes before the call came? I stepped out into a horse stance and heard a RRRIIIPPP!!! and felt a cool breeze. MAJOR crotch blowout. Thank god I was wearing black underwear that night.

During the entire interview GM Lee was laughing hysterically with tears running down his face as I sat there with my legs crossed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdinca
    What should happen 2 minutes before the call came? I stepped out into a horse stance and heard a RRRIIIPPP!!! and felt a cool breeze. MAJOR crotch blowout. Thank god I was wearing black underwear that night.

During the entire interview GM Lee was laughing hysterically with tears running down his face as I sat there with my legs crossed.
    Okay, that cracked me up. The good news is that he can't fail you at that point. You gave him the best laugh he'd had in weeks!

All part of a clever plan on your part.

--Amy
    The New Kenpo Continuum Book is now accepting submissions for volume 2. Our fabulous, ever-changing website is Sacramento Kenpo Karate.
    I'm a member of the Universal Life Church and the ULC Seminary. I'm also a Sacramento Wedding Minister and Disc Jockey

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

This is brutal...
    First, I am always finding socks and fabric softener sheets in my clothes after we do laundry. I will be wearing a sweatshirt for example and like 4 hours later realize there is a sock stuck inside my sleeve.
    So...group class, we are all lined up facing the mirrors doing kicks.
    Suddenly out of the leg of my gi pants flys a pair of my wifes panties.
    I kid you not.
    You can imagine what I have had to tolerate ever since.
    "I dont know if you know this but......I am kind of a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogony" Ron Burgandy

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

HAHAH ... speaking panties...

When I was a white belt, wearing my crisp new white gi, I didn't realize just how "see-through" they really are. Needless to say, everyone new just what style I prefer.

Another incident.... my Kwon gi, drawstring w/ elastic, was really worn out and the draw string had come out of them... yes.. it happened... they came down despite the elastic... thank goodness I wasn't going commando.

And I don't know how many ladies have had this one, but w/out a groin protector... poorly executed front snap kick... can sometimes end up places... where they just shouldn't. OMG... cringe.
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

SUPPORT KENPOTALK:http://www.kenpotalk.com/forum/payments.php

Thanks
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerstripes
    This is brutal...
    First, I am always finding socks and fabric softener sheets in my clothes after we do laundry. I will be wearing a sweatshirt for example and like 4 hours later realize there is a sock stuck inside my sleeve.
    I kid you not.
    OMG. Classic. LOL.
    "It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence." Charles A. Beard

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Flatulence... One of my isntructors a long time ago... completely annihilated the dojo, but he just wouldn't own up. We all knew... and it was wretched suffering to try and continue the workout until it dissipated.
    But it was good comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Crippler
    I feel pretty safe in saying that most of us have probably busted our butts when executing a kick before, but what is really your most embarrassing Kenpo moment?

Anybody ever "ripped" one while stretching? Now that's embarrassing...especially if you're the instructor and the center of attention!
    -Camey

"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people? "

Thanks

Okay, lovin' the stories. The last two had me cracking up.

One of my instructors was a real hardass. He liked to do a lot of outside adventure classes. We would fight and do lots of weird things with no warning.

This is a little girlie, but I found that wearing groin protective gear is a little difficult out by the river and doing other weird things. Back then, there was almost nothing in the way of protective gear for women anyway, so I found that a female pad was pretty good protection against an upturned toe.

So, one class, at 5am in Nov., the instructor is standing at the top of a hill telling us to follow him and don't hesitate no matter what! So he ran down the hill and dove into the freezing cold American River up in the mountains.

Did I mention 5am in Nov?

Anyway, once we were out and doing punches at the top of a hill, we had a chance to dry off. Well, they dried off and most of me dried off.

Imagine, if you will, a very full diaper, and you might get a feel for what I looked like.

I was the only gal in the class and 17 at the time, so I was VERY self-conscious. Fortunately, being the sensitive guys that they were, they teased me mercillessly for the next two hours.

--Amy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amylong
    Okay, that cracked me up. The good news is that he can't fail you at that point. You gave him the best laugh he'd had in weeks!

All part of a clever plan on your part.

--Amy
    What you discover afterwords is that the interview is a formality. The decision to promote to instructor is made before you ever sit down with him.

Thanks

This is brutal...
    I kid you not.
    So do you prefer thongs, or are you more of a boy shorts kind of guy?

Thanks

Tigerstripes - I nominate you for best story of the thread so far!!

Cam - I agree about the having no groin protector issue...Ive had a couple of girls right on target a few times LOL...not just on kicks, but hammer fists too XD I take comfort that at least they know where to go!
    Susan A. Spann

Thanks

I was teaching Staff Set at a seminar around 1995 or 1996. After they finally got it down, and were really pumped about it, I realized I missed teaching a chunk of the set!

I must have taken too many hits to the head that week in sparring! Embarassing, but it happens to all of us.

Thanks

Ive done that, as well. It was with Long 2...I missed a whole chunk without missing a beat x_x

I figured it out AFTER class. I wanted to go and hide LOL
    Susan A. Spann

KenpoTalk
    Yellow Belt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdinca
    So do you prefer thongs, or are you more of a boy shorts kind of guy?
    I prefer something lacey and sheer.
    "I dont know if you know this but......I am kind of a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogony" Ron Burgandy

Thanks

I prefer something lacey and sheer.
    Humm interesting.. so does he.

HAHAHAHAAA ROFL... ohh right.. like I could resist that?

Ok well everyone has teh ripp story so i wont bother... however... .. when I do forms I focus very much on breathing and it tends to be very pronounced and audible so I am exhaling pretty hard.. almost like quiet Kias (sp?)

so I am testing and it is near the end.. I think this was for my second brown in Tang Soo Do.. so I am sweating like mad and I am coming to the end of my second form and I exhale really hard.. and time stops.. as a good size glob of spittle flys from my mouth in a perfect arc and nails Mike (tester) on the cheek... I paused in horror.... and just finished my form praying that the would think it was a spray of sweat (like that is much better)

I did pass. heheheh

Thanks

That's funny! Usually, you'd think that spitting on your instructor is not the best way to pass a test, but apparently, it's a good strategy.

--amy

KenpoTalk
    Adv. Blue Belt
    Thanks

Awkward and Embarassing...

We had a blackbelt instructor in our school who had come in from another school around the area. We were have a sparring class and he paired up with a blue belt. The blue belt laid him out flat on his rear several times. The instructor didn't handle it so well and got attitude and it was really embarassing for me to watch and extremely uncomfortable.
    -Camey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links